ADVERTISEMENT

***NBA Playoffs 2024 Thread***

who do you root for in a series where you hate both teams? It sucks that Brunson is on NY because I've been a massive Brunson fan ever since he was a senior in high school at the same school my wife went to. Followed him at Nova and cheered for Nova those 3 years. Cheered for him in Dallas. But, NY? F That. I even tried to root for them cause of Brunson but I just can't. I hate the Knicks too much.

And Indiana? F those losers too. Absolutely hate Rick Carlisle, the first female head coach in the NBA. And I want to see Haliburton fail so people will stop riding his jock and claiming he is better than a certain PG in my avatar...cause he's not. He was shit in round 1 and has good stats in round 2, but was completely MIA in the 2nd half of game 2.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
He's added nearly nothing. He has the heart of a snail. He should have had that rebound ~the 50 second mark.
The kid had 5 blocks in the first half alone.. Hardly adding nothing. And he has massive heart, you’ve clearly never watched him if that’s your takeaway. He’s definitely worn out offensively over the past month or two, but more concerning is that SGA has also worn down over that time frame.

The kid had 5 blocks in the first half alone.. Hardly adding nothing. And he has massive heart, you’ve clearly never watched him if that’s your takeaway. He’s definitely worn out offensively over the past month or two, but more concerning is that SGA has also worn down over that time frame.
I only watched the 2nd half so I clearly was talking out of my ass. Thanks.

The NBA should just cancel the East, it's total garbage. There isn't a team there (including Boston) who could beat the top 4 teams in the West. My team (OKC) looking really good, but they played a crappy 8 seed. Next round in the west is going to be amazing. Denver vs Minnesota feels like it should be tghe NBA finals. OKC vs Dallas is another great series. Meanwhile, who gives a flying F about Boston vs Cleveland/Orlando or New York vs Indiana/Milwaukee?

Milwaukee acting like their trying to tank for a draft pick in the playoffs.
The East is so dang boring to watch. It feels like a chore. I switched channels when the game was still close. Snooxefest

Might as well be watching the B1G Ten.

The East is so dang boring to watch. It feels like a chore. I switched channels when the game was still close. Snooxefest

Might as well be watching the B1G Ten.
Always has been, tbh....West has aleways been the flamboyant conference---even in the MJ days.

Why foul on that 3?

And I’m stoked as well for the game 7s today as well lurk.

I was surprised that PJ actually hit his FTs in clutch time. Dude kind of lost us two NCAAT games by clanking FTs (he still played well, just choked at the line). He went 8-20 at the FT line in the loss to Kstate in 18', and 6-11 in the loss to Auburn in 19'.
Oh damn I didn’t realize that. But you’re right. Huge clutch free throws. Probably would’ve hit the third if he didn’t intentionally try to miss and get the rebound. Mavs-twolves game will be a good watch, especially if ant guards Kyrie like he said he would.

Do Jamal Murray and KCP know how to box out? They're both standing, doing nothing (start at 13 seconds), as KAT goes right between them! That effort would piss me off so much as a coach. Sheesh. The series is on the line, in game 7, and if you secure the rebound you have the chance to cut it to a one-possession game. Their effort merited a tirade from Malone.

And Naz Reid had 2 monster rebounds around the 4 minute mark that resulted in 2 free throws and a put-back dunk. Very poor effort from Porter and Murray on boxing him out. Denver was severely lacking in hustle in the final quarter. That was the difference, IMO.

Last edited:

Luka Doncic got Gobert on an island last night. Gobert got blasted! Kind of reminded me of Kemba Walker and Gary McGee a few years back... only saving grace is Gobert didn't fall on his butt.

How can the DPOY be so bad on switches? Voters should take that into consideration.

Whoever wins this series I think wins it all, it’s looking like Dallas. I’ve been critical of Kyrie in the past, but he has flipped a switch this year and in the playoffs, especially. Him and Luka look like a force, and the rest of their team has been so complementary…especially Lively.

I still don’t believe in Boston. Idk. They could win it all, but I don’t think they will.

This has to be the most boring playoffs in league history. Has there been a single good series in the entire playoffs?

Don't even say the Denver vs Minnesota series just because it went 7 games. There wasn't a single competitive game in the entire 7 game series. Every game was either a 25 point blowout or was decided well before the final 5 minutes of the game.

And lets not forget that the entire East minus Boston is hot garbage.

This has to be the most boring playoffs in league history. Has there been a single good series in the entire playoffs?

Don't even say the Denver vs Minnesota series just because it went 7 games. There wasn't a single competitive game in the entire 7 game series. Every game was either a 25 point blowout or was decided well before the final 5 minutes of the game.

And lets not forget that the entire East minus Boston is hot garbage.
I don’t even think Boston is that good tbh. They can be but they sure shit wouldn’t be in first place in the West.

If Rick Carlisle knew how to run a defensive scheme, that would be cool. Indiana shot themselves in the foot multiple times. The Dallas Minnesota series has been pretty good, but Minnesota is currently shooting themselves in the foot and cock.

I don’t even think Boston is that good tbh. They can be but they sure shit wouldn’t be in first place in the West.

If Rick Carlisle knew how to run a defensive scheme, that would be cool. Indiana shot themselves in the foot multiple times. The Dallas Minnesota series has been pretty good, but Minnesota is currently shooting themselves in the foot and cock.
Pacers just blew it with shooting themselves in the dick. They could have easily won Games 1, 3 and 4.

Just one bonehead play after another late.

Reactions: UL_1986
Pacers just blew it with shooting themselves in the dick. They could have easily won Games 1, 3 and 4.

Just one bonehead play after another late.

Yeah, that was a wild series. Pacers should probably be up 3-1 but just can't close.

I enjoy watching Luka and that team play so am pulling for the Mavs anyway though.

Yeah, that was a wild series. Pacers should probably be up 3-1 but just can't close.

I enjoy watching Luka and that team play so am pulling for the Mavs anyway though.
I like Luka, but Kyrie can go fvck himself. Will never root for him to win another title.

Can Minnesota make it a 6 game series? I think Dallas takes the series next game. It’s over anyways imo. No team has ever came back 3-0.

ADVERTISEMENT