ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs 2023

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
hey if we're gonna have a thread for such non sport as birthing human's basketball championship then we might as well have one for an actual sport.

Also great place to brag about my Hawks! Shocked the world and smoked Miami last night. Hawks now without a doubt the greatest play in team in NBA history with a 3-0 record.

About to go get pantsed by the Celtics, but that's next week's problem.

Give me OKC and Toronto tonight, probably mostly because they’re who I want to see win.

Really want to see this OKC team in the playoffs. Shai is such a fun player to watch, Giddey looks so much better than last year, Williams has really come on for them.

Give me OKC and Toronto tonight, probably mostly because they’re who I want to see win.

Really want to see this OKC team in the playoffs. Shai is such a fun player to watch, Giddey looks so much better than last year, Williams has really come on for them.
I saw Williams play one time this year a few months ago vs the Hawks and I immediately declared him as a guy who was drafted too low even though he went in the late lotto. He should've easily been top 7 in this draft if not higher maybe.

Reactions: MGC_07
Glad the Hawks are playing the Celtics. That allows me to watch 3 of the 7 UVA players that are in the playoffs in the same series

Since the Pistons are so trash, I’m pulling for the Grizzlies as my team. JJJ is currently the best MSU player in the NBA, and Tillman has been playing great for them recently.

Wouldn’t mind Warriors with Draymond either.

I'm not even a Wolves fan and I'm so disgusted with KAT & Anthony Edwards' lack of ability to close that game out last night. They both settled so much on offense late in the 4th quarter. KAT had someone other than Anthony Davis get switched onto him multiple times and didn't demand to get the ball in the post at all. Mike Conley, Taurean Prince, and Kyle Anderson did pretty much all they could do to help them in the position they were in but their two stars let them down, especially Edwards.

It's kind of hard to imagine how NBA teams with professional basketball players can go into such long droughts on offense.

8th seed Play-in Games:

Chicago at Miami

Oklahoma City at Minnesota

Eastern Conference Playoffs:
1) Milwaukee vs. 8) Chicago/Miami
2) Boston vs. 7) Atlanta
3) Philadelphia vs. 6) Brooklyn
4) Cleveland vs. 5) New York

Western Conference Playoffs:
1) Denver vs. 8) Oklahoma City/Minnesota
2) Memphis vs. 7) Los Angeles Lakers
3) Sacramento vs. 6) Golden State
4) Phoenix vs. 5) Los Angeles Clippers

Zion is turning into a pretty major disappointment for the Pelicans, when you look at his health and how good Ja has been for Memphis. Dude says he's 100% healthy but he's not 100% feeling like himself. What does that even mean? Mental health problems? Pretty disappointing to see future superstars like Trey Murphy III miss the playoffs because Zion can't get in shape. Sucks because I like the guy on a personal level and love watching him play the few times he does.

Zion is turning into a pretty major disappointment for the Pelicans, when you look at his health and how good Ja has been for Memphis. Dude says he's 100% healthy but he's not 100% feeling like himself. What does that even mean? Mental health problems? Pretty disappointing to see future superstars like Trey Murphy III miss the playoffs because Zion can't get in shape. Sucks because I like the guy on a personal level and love watching him play the few times he does.

It's a pretty bad look to be the star player, admit you're 100% healthy and then sit on the sidelines and watch your team get eliminated from the playoffs on their home court.

Last edited:
It's a pretty bad look to be the star player, admit you're 100% healthy and then sit on the sidelines and watch your team get eliminated from the playoffs on their home court.

welcome to the world these days. Where every person has a mental health problem. And every other person is told by society that we are not allowed to question anyone who claims they have a mental health problem.

I see it at work all the time. used to be I would go years between cases where the client needed psychological treatment. Now I probably have 10 cases alone where people are receiving psych counseling. And that doesn't even count the 10 other cases where I've been able to convince clients that they don't need psych counselling. Nowadays I have people asking to get counselling just because they were in a minor fender bender or let's say a boss had the audacity to ask them to get their work done.

I really miss the old days. How do you think a team 30 years ago would respond if a teammate said they were fully healthy but not mentally ready to play in the playoffs? That locker room door would've been barricaded shut and the players would've dealt with the lazy malcontent the way they should be.

Reactions: jhmossy
welcome to the world these days. Where every person has a mental health problem. And every other person is told by society that we are not allowed to question anyone who claims they have a mental health problem.

I see it at work all the time. used to be I would go years between cases where the client needed psychological treatment. Now I probably have 10 cases alone where people are receiving psych counseling. And that doesn't even count the 10 other cases where I've been able to convince clients that they don't need psych counselling. Nowadays I have people asking to get counselling just because they were in a minor fender bender or let's say a boss had the audacity to ask them to get their work done.

I really miss the old days. How do you think a team 30 years ago would respond if a teammate said they were fully healthy but not mentally ready to play in the playoffs? That locker room door would've been barricaded shut and the players would've dealt with the lazy malcontent the way they should be.

Try being a psychology professor and every student thinks they have an anxiety or depressive disorder.

Not to mention that with the west being so wide open this season, the Pelicans would have a chance to make some serious noise if he was playing. They were near the top of the standings until he got hurt.

Not to mention that with the west being so wide open this season, the Pelicans would have a chance to make some serious noise if he was playing. They were near the top of the standings until he got hurt.
hopefully we get to at least see some spectacular dunks by Zion in the warmups.

griz aren't getting out of the first round.

Players Association No GIF by NBPA

Never doubt Oregon legend Dillon Brooks

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
That was a fantastic game. Not sure why a 3 month rusty Wiggins was taking that late game shot, but I guess he was wide open in the corner.

Would have been nice to steal game 1, but the reality is you just gotta get one of ‘em. Best thing I saw was that it appeared we (Golden State) is going to be able to flip the playoff switch.

They needed to win Game 1. Had it right in their sights and blew it. Should have been DiVincenzo on the court late, not Wiggins.

They certainly had their chances in game 1 and probably should have won. This series is far from over though. Golden State is so good at home so there's still a good chance that they come back to Sacramento tied 2-2.

Tuesday Preview:

Atlanta vs. Boston (BOS 1-0) - Sorry @WeAreDePaul but I think this is going to be another tough night for the Hawks. Celtics are just too good and too deep. I don't see them losing a game at home in this series. We'll see if ATL can make it competitive at home.

New York vs. Cleveland (NYK 1-0) - Must win game for Cleveland as they can't go down 0-2 before they head to the Garden. I bet Mitchell and Garland come up big tonight for Cleveland and they tie it up.

LA Clippers vs. Phoenix (LAC 1-0) - Similar position as Cleveland but I think there's even more pressure on Phoenix as they have championship aspirations. I think the Suns get it done tonight.

Sorry guys, no ballsy picks tonight. Going with all 3 home favorites to win. I haven't decided if I'm going to be on anything tonight. Anyone have any good bets for tonight?

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Tuesday Preview:

Atlanta vs. Boston (BOS 1-0) - Sorry @WeAreDePaul but I think this is going to be another tough night for the Hawks. Celtics are just too good and too deep. I don't see them losing a game at home in this series. We'll see if ATL can make it competitive at home.

New York vs. Cleveland (NYK 1-0) - Must win game for Cleveland as they can't go down 0-2 before they head to the Garden. I bet Mitchell and Garland come up big tonight for Cleveland and they tie it up.

LA Clippers vs. Phoenix (LAC 1-0) - Similar position as Cleveland but I think there's even more pressure on Phoenix as they have championship aspirations. I think the Suns get it done tonight.

Sorry guys, no ballsy picks tonight. Going with all 3 home favorites to win. I haven't decided if I'm going to be on anything tonight. Anyone have any good bets for tonight?
no apology needed. Boston is very good and Atlanta is very bad.

• Haha
Reactions: duckboy33

I just assume he’s lying about his health. These guys all potentially have a lot of money riding on not just their health but the perception of it. Lots of reasons to lie about it publicly if they’re injured.

Either way, he’s been a major bust so far. 114 games in 4 seasons. Gad…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT