ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft

Damn---Dukes entire starting 5 damn all drafted in the 1st round...

Am I the only one that thinks it's stupid when these dudes are getting interviewed by a woman and they keep answering every question with "man".... man this, man that... bruh, you're speaking to a lady.

That has always annoyed me because I'm petty like that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
How did Duke not win it all? Goodness

hubert-davis-humble-hubert.gif

EJ Liddell will be a 2nd round steal for some team. Dude can play a long time in the league.

Dude is perfect for the NBA 4/small 5. Some team is going to love him off the bench and possible starters down the road.

4/5 drafted. Roach returned to college.

Amazing Coach K didn’t win a title with this much talent.
Roach probably gets drafted as well.....I mean its tough to win the damn tournament. Lot of good teams loaded up haven't gotten the job done. BUt damn.....

The storyline of this draft was clearly the Mom's.

Everything else is a side note.

Time will tell, but over a pretty bleak draft.

Am I the only one that thinks it's stupid when these dudes are getting interviewed by a woman and they keep answering every question with "man".... man this, man that... bruh, you're speaking to a lady.

That has always annoyed me because I'm petty like that.
Never pegged you for the pronoun police. Sad.

Here's the breakdown of players, by class, taken in the first round / second round / total

Fr- 12 / 9 = 21
So- 8 / 3 = 11
Jr- 5 / 3 = 8
Sr- 1 / 3 = 4

Int- 2 / 9 = 11
G-League- 2 / 1 = 3

Honestly, that's got to be depressing for players returning to college basketball. Just 23 returning players were drafted. And only 12 of those were upperclassmen.

Kendrick Perkins had some weird players comparisons (Chet Holmgren to Giannis, Jabari Smith to KD, and Trevor Keels to Desmond Bane?). He's a fun personality, but a draft analyst is not his thing. Guess ESPN was reeling to find a replacement for Mike Schmitz.

"The kid Jalen from Duke" was kind of cringy. He was thinking of AJ Griffin.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
A guy in the second round that I really, really like is Toledo's Ryan Rollins. And he was traded to Golden State. Sheesh. That organization is doing things right. I think he could develop into a really nice player there.

Here are some notable college players not drafted:

Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
Collin Gillespie, Villanova
Ron Harper, Rutgers
Johnny Juzang, UCLA
Jules Bernard, UCLA
Alondes Williams, Wake Forest
Izaiah Brockington, Iowa State
Kameron McGusty, Miami
Trevion Williams, Purdue
Justin Lewis, Marquette
Julian Champagnie, St. John's
Dereon Seabron, NC Sate
Kenneth Lofton, Louisiana Tech
Orlando Robinson, Fresno State
Scotty Pippen, Vanderbilt
Darius Days, LSU
Bryson Williams, Texas Tech
Jared Rhoden, Seton Hall
James Akinjo, Baylor
Iverson Molinar, Mississippi State
Quenton Jackson, Texas A&M
Hyunjung Lee, Davidson
Jordan Hall, Saint Joseph's
Keon Ellis, Alabama
John Butler, Florida State
Aminu Mohammed, Georgetown
Marcus Bingham, Michigan State
Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse

• Wow
Reactions: englandnu
A guy in the second round that I really, really like is Toledo's Ryan Rollins. And he was traded to Golden State. Sheesh. That organization is doing things right. I think he could develop into a really nice player there.
As soon as we traded him to GSW I knew he was gonna be a good player.

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
Here's the breakdown of players, by class, taken in the first round / second round / total

Fr- 12 / 9 = 21
So- 8 / 3 = 11
Jr- 5 / 3 = 8
Sr- 1 / 3 = 4

Int- 2 / 9 = 11
G-League- 2 / 1 = 3

Honestly, that's got to be depressing for players returning to college basketball. Just 23 returning players were drafted. And only 12 of those were upperclassmen.

A bunch of guys who would have been drafted decided to return again. NIL is changing things.

But yeah, always been about potential as much as production.

Jabari Smith with easily the worst suit of the night. Looked very classy and then he opens the coat and its filled with a bunch of stupid blurry photos of himself in games? WTF is up with that stupid shit? As soon as he did that me and my wife looked at each other and blurted out GAY at the same time (were soulmates like that).

No wonder he dropped to #3.

Jabari Smith with easily the worst suit of the night. Looked very classy and then he opens the coat and its filled with a bunch of stupid blurry photos of himself in games? WTF is up with that stupid shit? As soon as he did that me and my wife looked at each other and blurted out GAY at the same time (were soulmates like that).

No wonder he dropped to #3.

Still better than your boy's draft suit.

gty-980635812_100843485.jpg

Fr- 12 / 9 = 21
So- 8 / 3 = 11
Jr- 5 / 3 = 8
Sr- 1 / 3 = 4

Int- 2 / 9 = 11
G-League- 2 / 1 = 3

NIL gonna soften the pain for Sr that don't get drafted.

Surprised Ron Harper Jr didn't get picked.

All those undrafted might be better off trying the FA route and turning a head in Summer League.

ADVERTISEMENT