ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft

Take Jaden Ivey. All day. Absolutely swap the 4/5 picks. Ivey has the ceiling of someone worth taking with the 1st overall pick.

I don't think Detroit would need to make the trade beforehand, however. There's a chance Sacramento takes someone else.
I've seen time and time again UK players take a leap when going to the NBA. "why didn't they do that here" is a common misconception.

I feel like Ivey will be one of those players that's a) will take that leap with further development and b) the NBA game will just suit him better.

I think you go with Ivey. Bey is a quality player tough to weigh in on Mathurin. But Ivey/Cade gives you a backcourt kinda like those old Blazer squads with Dame/CJ in terms of 2 dudes that are very high end, or could be.

I’d say better than that. Dame and CJ were both average or even small positionally. Neither was above average on defense.

Cade and Ivey gives you positional size, playmaking, defensive potential (both guys need to prove it) and elite explosiveness for Ivey.

@MGC_07 I don't watch enough NBA basketball to know, but does Frank Jackson primarily play off the ball? I assume he does because never showed he was a much of a facilitator at Duke - or even in high school, for that matter. Dude averaged less than 3 assists a game in HS (3rd on his team). He's athletic and can drive, just think it's funny in interviews when he describes himself as a point guard.

@MGC_07 I don't watch enough NBA basketball to know, but does Frank Jackson primarily play off the ball? I assume he does because never showed he was a much of a facilitator at Duke - or even in high school, for that matter. Dude averaged less than 3 assists a game in HS (3rd on his team). He's athletic and can drive, just think it's funny in interviews when he describes himself as a point guard.
He absolutely plays primarily off ball. Yeah, he’s never been much of a PG.

I’ll admit my viewing of the Pistons has gone down in the recent years of mediocrity. Watched a bit more this year with Cade. It’s been a while as a Detroit fan since we’ve enjoyed any success in any sport.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Wow, figured he would go third. First curve ball of the draft. I lost $50 on that too. :mad:

What are those weird things on this dude's suit? My daughter says pineapples. I can't tell. Should be big Ls since he still hasn't gotten over those two losses the Heels handed him.

What are those weird things on this dude's suit? My daughter says pineapples. I can't tell. Should be big Ls since he still hasn't gotten over those two losses the Heels handed him.
NBA championship trophies maybe?

Whoever drafts Sharpe will be my least favorite NBA team, and I already don't like any of them. Probably the Spurs.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Congrats, Pistons fans. Ivey and Cade will be a problem in 18 months. Kings continue doing what they do best—passing on franchise changing talents.

Good sign for Jaden Ivey:

FV-GSbHUEAIabLx

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT