ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft '18 Thread.

So, who do we think got the biggest steal of the draft?

Boston with Robert Williams
Nuggets with MPJr
Mavs with the foreign wonder?

Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it. Probably will all be decent backups though.

Theyre all high on carter.

Espn gave him a better chance to be an all star than lottery picks like mo bamba and kevin knox

Theyre all high on carter.

Espn gave him a better chance to be an all star than lottery picks like mo bamba and kevin knox

Yeah but I haven't put faith in anything ESPN says for a long time. You just have to be more consistent on offense as a point guard in the NBA to succeed and he usually had trouble doing that against better/longer defenders. Could he come in a defensive stopper against players like Curry and sorta contain them sure but he also wont be doing much on offense either. Not exactly all star material there unless you are talking about all defensive teams but I don't think he will get enough playing time to make those.

Last edited:
Duval went undrafted damn!

The top PG in the HS class from last year...has that ever happened?

Tricky Tre played his heart out vs KU in the Elite 8 and was the best player on the floor. If only the rest of the team showed up.

UK, Duke, Nova with 4 drafts apiece.

UK, Duke, Michigan St. with 2 lottery picks.

Only 2 seniors taken in first round. All time low.

No KU players taken in first round and zero UNC players drafted.

Last edited:
Yeah but I haven't put faith in anything ESPN says for a long time. You just have to do more consistently on offense as a point guard in the NBA to succeed and he usually had trouble doing that against better/longer defenders. Could he come in a defensive stopper against players like Curry and sorta contain them sure but he also wont be doing much on offense either. Not exactly all star material there unless you are talking about all defensive teams but I don't think he will get enough playing time to make those.

Hes a 40% 3 point shooter, 85% ft shooter... averaged 17 and 7 and is the best defensive player in the draft. Underrated athlete and Unreal work ethic too.

Ill never doubt that kid.

When was the last time a UNC player didn't get drafted?

Did they have any players eligible for the draft?

Hes a 40% 3 point shooter, 85% ft shooter... averaged 17 and 7 and is the best defensive player in the draft. Underrated athlete and Unreal work ethic too.

Ill never doubt that kid.

I agree about not doubting him(that is why I think he will stick as an ok backup his entire career) but don't act like he will ever be a 3pt threat in the NBA against even longer defenders. That 39.3 3pt% didn't even rank him in the top 150 in college and against certain defenders he had trouble even getting a shot off.

I agree about not doubting him(that is why I think he will stick as an ok backup his entire career) but don't act like he will ever be a 3pt threat in the NBA against even longer defenders. That 39.3 3pt% didn't even rank him in the top 150 in college and against certain defenders he had trouble even getting a shot off.

I get the feeeling u dont watch much nba basketball. Theres way more space to get shots in the nba than there is in college

3 point shooting is one of the easieat things in the game to continue to improve. And with his worth ethic its a sure thing to improve.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownSean
Finally Spalding got drafted. If he plays anything like he did in the video I posted the other day, he’ll be a solid bench player.

i thought he would go a little higher
i think the kid will have a chance to make an NBA team

Theres way more space to get shots in the nba than there is in college

Eh, also further distance and longer more athletic athletes guarding him. Lets be honest here, Carter will make his name as a defender and hopefully in time a great distributor of the ball that can make a tough open or contested shot here and there. Hope you don't think he will ever actually be a 15+ scorer in the NBA. I could see a nice 8 point, 4 assists, steal or 2 a game career average, which wont be anything to be ashamed of.

Eh, also further distance and longer more athletic athletes guarding him. Lets be honest here, Carter will make his name as a defender and hopefully in time a great distributor of the ball that can make a tough open or contested shot here and there. Hope you don't think he will ever actually be a 15+ scorer in the NBA. I could see a nice 8 point, 4 assists, steal or 2 a game career average, which wont be anything to be ashamed of.

Again... I get the feeling you dont watch much nba basketball.

I actually do. Maybe we should make a bet. What do you think he will average.

Hes gonna get way better looks in the nba than he did in college. They dont even guard until the playoffs roll around.

I dont know what hell average. Its stupid to even talk about that at this point.

I actually do and maybe we should make a bet. What do you think he will average over his career.

What i do know is that gm's, coaches and former players are big believers in him.

Only people not raving about him are you and seth davis lol

Hes gonna get way better looks in the nba than he did in college. They dont even guard until the playoffs roll around.

I dont know what hell average. Its stupid to even talk about that at this point.

It is but you make it sound like he will be one of the top 3 scoring threats on his team. Even on the Grizzlies he wont ever become that.

It is but you make it sound like he will be one of the top 3 scoring threats on his team. Even on the Grizzlies he wont ever become that.

Show me where i said anything remotely close to that....

You'rejust making stuff up now. Lol

Tell me why you know more than gm's, coaches and former nba players.

Im not even saying you're wrong. Just find it funny how sure you are that he has such a limited ceiling.

If Cal took the top PG in a class and turned him into an undrafted one and done he would get crucified. Interested to see how it turns out for K.
giphy.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT