ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft '18 Thread.

I wonder if stories like Duvall will hinder Duke recruiting in the future. Seems like he was given 1 year at the University and then basically shown the door despite not being close to ready to go.

The Tatums and Bagleys of the world are great, but there's another side to one and done factories that isn't very pretty.

I wonder if stories like Duvall will hinder Duke recruiting in the future. Seems like he was given 1 year at the University and then basically shown the door despite not being close to ready to go.

The Tatums and Bagleys of the world are great, but there's another side to one and done factories that isn't very pretty.
Pretty sure Duke would have found a spot for Duvall had he wanted to return.

Wait? Either K is holding these kids back or pushing them out the door. Which one is it?

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Belongs more in an NBA "offseason" thread but what the heck....

I will say I love Harden pretty much said they don't want/need Lebron. Compare that to Draymond Green who begged KD to save them maybe 15 minutes after losing the Finals. Anyone ever call Green soft?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Belongs more in an NBA "offseason" thread but what the heck....

I will say I love Harden pretty much said they don't want/need Lebron. Compare that to Draymond Green who begged KD to save them maybe 15 minutes after losing the Finals. Anyone ever call Green soft?
I’m fairly sure that Harden would welcome Lebronif it happened but I like what he said about it.

Reactions: dtgold88
I’m fairly sure that Harden would welcome Lebronif it happened but I like what he said about it.
He probably should, but not sure he would welcome him. Of course, that might be because he is selfish and knows he'd lose touches/shots.

Reactions: denniden
Oh, okay.
thought I said "might be"

Might also have been what he implied....Harden thought his team was good as is and didn't need Lebron. Either way, props to him for saying it as opposed to going the way of the soft Draymond who summoned KD for help.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
What's going on with the Cs, @denniden? At least what do you expect?

Big trade for a stud?
stand pat and just bring back Kyrie/Heyward?
trade Kyrie and go with Rozier?

Things still look good for a Kyrie return.....and is he expected to stay past next season?

Big trade for a stud?

Things still look good for a Kyrie return.....and is he expected to stay past next season?

JMO, but if I'm the Celtics I run it back, unless they can steal Kawhi from San Antonio. Tatum & Brown make me wonder about Hayward, but that contract ain't gonna be tradeable after his leg exploded last year. I wouldn't trade either of them guys for someone with so many questions like Kawhi does. Now AD on the other hand...

JMO, but if I'm the Celtics I run it back, unless they can steal Kawhi from San Antonio. Tatum & Brown make me wonder about Hayward, but that contract ain't gonna be tradeable after his leg exploded last year. I wouldn't trade either of them guys for someone with so many questions like Kawhi does. Now AD on the other hand...
Agree with that 100%. Only area I might not agree - well, I agree, just see it as highly unlikely - would be acquiring AD. Not sure why NO gets rid of him with 2 years left.

Agree with that 100%. Only area I might not agree - well, I agree, just see it as highly unlikely - would be acquiring AD. Not sure why NO gets rid of him with 2 years left.

I don't think they would. Just saying he would be someone I would trade one of those for. The only way it happens is if he explicitly told them he wasn't resigning, which doesn't make sense after the year they just had.

Big trade for a stud?

At this point I could see anything happen. I want no part of giving up Brown or Tatum. Outside of that I’m all ears if I’m Danny Ainge. If they do stand pat, I like what they have with a few smaller moves. They have the pieces, if healthy, to do something. I’m hoping for that instead of one year with Leonard. I would also not get rid of Rozier at all and be actively working to extend him beyond this season.

At this point I could see anything happen. I want no part of giving up Brown or Tatum. Outside of that I’m all ears if I’m Danny Ainge. If they do stand pat, I like what they have with a few smaller moves. They have the pieces, if healthy, to do something. I’m hoping for that instead of one year with Leonard. I would also not get rid of Rozier at all and be actively working to extend him beyond this season.
All due respect but good thing you are not the Cs GM. You are committing the sin many do in fantasy leagues and are falling in love with your own players.

As a fan, that's fine. Brown and Tatum are very good players (I especially like Tatum). Rozier? I'd say good, but cannot see him ever being in the upper echelon of PGs. I could even see not wanting to move Brown/Tatum in a deal for Kawhi, especially not knowing the severity of his injury or if he'd stay.

But no part of moving them? Not even one of them in a deal for AD?

Before hearing about Kyrie asking for a trade I have to believe I thought the same of his skill as you do those players, but I was more than intrigued by the rumor of moving him in a deal that would get the Cavs Bledsoe and PG.

All due respect but good thing you are not the Cs GM. You are committing the sin many do in fantasy leagues and are falling in love with your own players.
The Celtics have on the of the best starting 5s I've ever seen in my life and perhaps the greatest bench unit in NBA history.

I can understand @denniden optimism.

The Celtics have on the of the best starting 5s I've ever seen in my life and perhaps the greatest bench unit in NBA history.

Not sure I said he should not be optimistic, nor that they don't have one of the best starting units (or bench). But falling in love with your own players can be a cardinal sin (The Cardinal Sin is lying about sports, BTW).

NO comes a calling and offers AD, and you are hanging up if they say Brown must be in the deal? That was my only hang-up....saying Ainge should not even listen to any deal involving Brown or Tatum.

Last edited:
Not sure I said he should not be optimistic, nor that they don't have one of the best starting units (or bench). But falling in love with your own players can be a cardinal sin (The Cardinal Sin is lying about sports, BTW).

NO comes a calling and offers AD, and you are hanging up if they say Brown must be in the deal? That was my only hang-up....saying Ainge should not even listen to any deal involving Brown or Tatum.
If Leonard said he would sign an extension with the Celtics, every player is on the table if it was me. Same with AD. If not I am reluctant to trade Brown and Tatum for a player who will most likely be in town one year. That’s where I am coming from.

Ainge will listen any deal. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t understand how NBA front offices operate.

Hard not to have optimism as a Celtic fan. They could go in any direction they want. Part of that is building up assets to try and get a player like Davis, Leonard, etc...(top 5 guys) when they become available via trade. Don’t fool yourself into believing if a deal that can be beneficial to the team that Ainge won’t do it. I think he is in a great position to not have to do anything that isn’t a no brainer either.

tenor.gif
This avatar is growing on me

Reactions: tw3301

Hard not to have optimism as a Celtic fan. They could go in any direction they want. Part of that is building up assets to try and get a player like Davis, Leonard, etc...(top 5 guys) when they become available via trade. Don’t fool yourself into believing if a deal that can be beneficial to the team that Ainge won’t do it. I think he is in a great position to not have to do anything that isn’t a no brainer either.

Im not a Cs or NO fan but I'd give up both for a locked up AD but that's something that that neither team could do even if they both wanted to make the trade.

Question is as Cs fan would you trade your chips to get Leonard/Butler this year or hold off till next summer when you could trade for AD? I think AD is a better fit and better player but you'd be wasting a year of Irving's and others prime waiting on AD.

Im not a Cs or NO fan but I'd give up both for a locked up AD but that's something that that neither team could do even if they both wanted to make the trade.

Question is as Cs fan would you trade your chips to get Leonard/Butler this year or hold off till next summer when you could trade for AD? I think AD is a better fit and better player but you'd be wasting a year of Irving's and others prime waiting on AD.
Not a Cs fan but good questions. Thinking with no deal made they are the favorites in the East. Not even sure making a deal gets them by GS.

Like most proposed trades, I would listen to anything, but guess it depends what the cost is to get either. AD is definitely what they need most...if they need anything.

Reactions: denniden

As a fan of the Celtics, I don’t trade a lot for Leonard or Butler unless there is a contract extension. Davis will always be the guy I want in Boston. So I’d go heavy for him. If the Celtics stand pat, I don’t believe there would be any wasting of guys in their prime. I believe they are in a good spot as is.

ADVERTISEMENT