ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Bubble Thread

Man, he looked good out there. Jazz look solid as anyone when Mitchell, Conley, Gobert are clicking. I still think this series goes to 7.
I love Jokic but the Nuggets do not have a viable second option and until they get one they won’t be a serious threat. Jamal Murray right now cannot he the second best player on a championship team. Him or MPJ could get there but neither are now.

Reactions: UL_1986
I love Jokic but the Nuggets do not have a viable second option and until they get one they won’t be a serious threat. Jamal Murray right now cannot he the second best player on a championship team. Him or MPJ could get there but neither are now.
Yeah, I agree. Murray has the ability to be really good he’s just inconsistent. MPJ young, but will get really good.

Reactions: MGC_07
I think the jazz broke the nuggets yesterday and the series won’t be as exciting as I’d hoped.

The nugs still intrigue me though, they are gonna be tough down the road if they can keep Murray, Jokic, Gary Harris, porter, and bol bol together and develop them. That’s a lot of young talent.

The Bucks slaughtering Orlando, currently up 30. Giannis has 26 on 10 shots, he’s shooting 90% from the field.

The Bucks slaughtering Orlando, currently up 30. Giannis has 26 on 10 shots, he’s shooting 90% from the field.
Giannis is so dominant. It’s fascinating to watch. I feel like when he dunks, his hand is leveled with the top of the backboard

Giannis is so dominant. It’s fascinating to watch. I feel like when he dunks, his hand is leveled with the top of the backboard
Giannis is insane. I would go as far to say Giannis driving to the basket is scarier than any other player driving in history, and yes, even LeBron, but LeBron is obviously better in other areas.

The stats he puts up in the minute he plays are insane. People don’t realize he only plays 30 minutes a game. He averages 30/14/6 while being 71st in minutes per game.

I like LeBron as much as the next guy, but Giannis is so clearly the MVP this year. I know the media is trying to sell LeBron for MVP, but Giannis is the best player on the best team in the NBA while also being the best defender in the NBA, he leads the league in defensive rating and defensive win shares.

LeBron is having a great year, but statistically and team performance wise, Giannis deserves the MVP.

Missed out on all the action yesterday. No cable at the lake cabin. Will be locked in today especially for Clippers and Mavericks. Although if LD doesn’t play, it won’t be very competitive

Hard to believe he was a four star kid a few years ago. He’s turned into a stud
Lotta potential with him. Developing under CP3 doesn’t hurt either. Donovan Mitchell was under his guidance in the off season and look at him.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Honestly thought they had them the other night. I was psyched to see Shai hit that 3 in the OKC game last night to get them a game.
Same. It was the best game of yesterday, but it was over as soon as Harden fouled out.

I wasn’t on the board during overtime. Wow! This kid is going to be a legend. I bet the Clippers win the next two though. Surely Paul George can’t continue to be this bad, right?

I wasn’t on the board during overtime. Wow! This kid is going to be a legend. I bet the Clippers win the next two though. Surely Paul George can’t continue to be this bad, right?
I think he's already the best player in the NBA already. Call me crazy but his defense is better than advertised and his passing and scoring ability is insane.

I would take him over Giannis if I were to pick one person to start a team with.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I think he's already the best player in the NBA already. Call me crazy but his defense is better than advertised and his passing and scoring ability is insane.

I would take him over Giannis if I were to pick one person to start a team with.
Yea, I would too

Luka with 43/17/13!!!! I’m not saying he will be better than MJ or Bron, but I’m not sure anyone has been this good in their 2nd year in recent memory.

Luka with 43/17/13!!!! I’m not saying he will be better than MJ or Bron, but I’m not sure anyone has been this good in their 2nd year in recent memory.

He was so polished and experienced coming into the league. I laughed my ass off when Sacramento picked Bagley over him. Just a colossal mistake. Ayton isn’t better than Luka but at least he’s a difference maker and the Suns already had Booker.

I told a buddy a couple years ago Luka would be a top 3 player in the world by age 24. Looks like I underestimated him haha.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
He was so polished and experienced coming into the league. I laughed my ass off when Sacramento picked Bagley over him. Just a colossal mistake. Ayton isn’t better than Luka but at least he’s a difference maker and the Suns already had Booker.

I told a buddy a couple years ago Luka would be a top 3 player in the world by age 24. Looks like I underestimated him haha.
I for sure underestimated coming in. I didn’t think he could match his level of production in the euro league because of his lack of high end athleticism and him not being an elite shooter. I thought Jaren should be drafted ahead of him. Jaren has exceeded expectation so far and has been a great player, but boy was I wrong about Luka.

I for sure underestimated coming in. I didn’t think he could match his level of production in the euro league because of his lack of high end athleticism and him not being an elite shooter. I thought Jaren should be drafted ahead of him. Jaren has exceeded expectation so far and has been a great player, but boy was I wrong about Luka.

Luka lacks explosiveness but not necessarily athleticism. He’s a big dude. 6’7 and 230, maybe 235. We aren’t talking about someone Morant or Westbrook size. So for him to have the small space quickness and incredible balance he has, that’s pretty athletic at his size.

Folks seem to confuse explosiveness as the only form of athleticism. But Steph Curry isn’t explosive. James Harden isn’t explosive. And yet those guys are ballers.

Luka Doncic knows positioning. He knows angles. He plays with brilliant pace and uses his size to bully smaller guards like Reggie Jackson. And of course his desire to be great is elite.

Reactions: UL_1986 and MGC_07

How has JJJ exceeded expectations? Not counting Luka, he had the highest upside in the draft along with Trae. He's played well and is on his way to being a very good player. I wouldn't call him great yet by any means. He still can't rebound or stay out of foul trouble.

How has JJJ exceeded expectations? Not counting Luka, he had the highest upside in the draft along with Trae. He's played well and is on his way to being a very good player. I wouldn't call him great yet by any means. He still can't rebound or stay out of foul trouble.
I would say 17.4 points on 54% from 2 and 40% from 3 while being a good to great defender is exceeding expectations for this early in his career. Everyone is obsessed with Ja I know but man JJJ has had a great year.

Doing all this on what should have been a playoff team had he not got hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT