ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Bubble Thread

Lillard might be in my top 5 in the league

In order for an average defender to be in the top 5 in the league, they basically have to be among the best shooters ever to play the game. Lillard is a career 37% shooter from 3.

Is he top 16? Yes. He’s not top 5.

So heartbroken my Suns didn't get in. Booker was playing lights out. Go 8-0 and not make it while the Memphis Turds get in. If Ayton doesn't miss 20 games at start of season who knows...

I would be mad too if that was my team. But it’s gonna end up working out great for Phoenix, though. Now you get a lottery pick. Use it on a stud role player who can contribute immediately, like Devin Vassell, and the Suns will be a top 5 team in the West next year.

In order for an average defender to be in the top 5 in the league, they basically have to be among the best shooters ever to play the game. Lillard is a career 37% shooter from 3.

What point guards are you taking over him at this point? Harden if you consider him a PG. Maybe Luka, too. Other than that?

Reactions: dtgold88

I just said he’s in my top 5 currently.

Donovan Mitchell stepped the **** up, even though the Jazz lost. Missing bogie and Conley is crucial. 57 points 9 rebounds 7 assists. Like I’ve said earlier, Denver is for real. With Murray back, they’re top 3 easy for me. I’m glad Utah is at least making it competitive.

Reactions: duckboy33
What point guards are you taking over him at this point? Harden if you consider him a PG. Maybe Luka, too. Other than that?
He’s just damn good. It’s always impressive to watch him play.

This is just my opinion as of right now, but top 5 for me personally are:

1. Lebron
2.Giannis
3. Kawhi
4. KD (when healthy)
5. DAME DOLLA

As for top ten...
6-10 is super tough for me because there’s so many interchangeable players that are deserving. FWIW my number 6 would be AD, and I’d throw Steph and James Harden in there for sure. The last two it’s just too tough of a call idk

He’s just damn good to me. It’s always impressive to watch him play.

1. Lebron
2.Giannis
3. Kawhi
4. KD (when healthy)
5. DAME DOLLA

As for top ten...
6-10 is super tough for me because there’s so many interchangeable players that are deserving. FWIW my number 6 would be AD, and I’d throw Steph and James Harden in there for sure. The last two it’s just too tough of a call idk
Steph Curry is number 5 when healthy for sure.

I just said he’s in my top 5 currently.

And I just disagreed with you. You can’t be an average defender and a very good but not elite shooter and be top 5. Basketball is about more than just making tough shots. Rebounding, playmaking, defense, etc.

1. Lebron
2.Giannis
3. Kawhi
4. KD (when healthy)
5. DAME DOLLA

As for top ten...

No way Steph is below Dame. Steph has just torched the Blazers when they have played in the playoffs. They are both average defenders but Steph is a FAR superior shooter.

Top 10 players if there was an active player NBA draft for next season

1. Freak
2. Lebron
3. Kawhi
4. Steph
5. Luka
6. Jokic
7. PG13
8. Embiid
9. AD
10. Harden

No way Steph is below Dame. Steph has just torched the Blazers when they have played in the playoffs. They are both average defenders but Steph is a FAR superior shooter.

1. Freak
2. Lebron
3. Kawhi
4. Steph
5. Luka
6. Jokic
7. PG13
8. Embiid
9. AD
10. Harden
I can agree with this. Steph is probably one of the if not best shooters the league has ever seen. His percentages are insane for how long he’s been in the league. I just like Dames game more right now, and that’s why I have him a slot higher.

He wasnt for most of the season.

He wasn’t, but he did come back before COVID. So he is healthy. I think I was just confused because you have KD listed with the “when healthy” caveat, but KD is still coming back from one of the most debilitating injuries a basketball player can have. There’s no way I can comfortably include KD in a top 10 list right now until he proves he’s able to play at a high level again.

Then you say you would have Steph listed “when healthy,” but unlike KD he actually is healthy. So it’s just odd wording or something to me.

I can agree with this. Steph is probably one of the if not best shooters the league has ever seen. His percentages are insane for how long he’s been in the league. I just like Dames game more right now, and that’s why I have him a slot higher.

Dame is scoring really well right now in the bubble, that’s for sure. He’d certainly make the All-Bubble team.

As for Steph, you can take “probably” out of your sentence lol. He’s unequivocally the best shooter in the history of the NBA. He literally changed the geometry and spacing of the game.

1. Lebron
2.Giannis
3. Kawhi
4. KD (when healthy)
5. DAME DOLLA

As for top ten...

1. Freak
2. Lebron
3. Kawhi
4. Steph
5. Luka
6. Jokic
7. PG13
8. Embiid
9. AD
10. Harden
Am I wrong in saying it finally seems somewhat justified to start dropping bron down some of these lists?

Am I wrong in saying it finally seems somewhat justified to start dropping bron down some of these lists?

He averaged 25/8/10 this season while playing fantastic defense and leading his team to the best record in the West.

Where would you rank him?

I'm a little shocked at how good Jason Tatum has turned out to be. Dude is playing at a high level right now.

He’s very very good. I would have him in my 11-20 range.

Bam Adebayo is another guy who has totally surprised me with how well and quickly he’s developed.

Reactions: Big ol arms
What are you gonna do when it happens in college sports as well? You gonna be done with that as well? What you gonna do when Kentucky players kneel or wear tshirts with slogans? you outta here?
I will be done with that as well. The Covid lockdowns has shown me I don't need to watch sports. I have played a ton of golf. Did projects around the house. Sports teams that go WOKE, will go BROKE.

He averaged 25/8/10 this season while playing fantastic defense and leading his team to the best record in the West.

Where would you rank him?

I would rank Lebron 3rd behind Kawhi and the Freak at #1. He has played great before the bubble this season and i have no problem with anyone putting him first. The playoffs will determine if i keep him at 3. I know he hasn't needed to look great so far in the bubble but he really has looked pretty bad. I'm wondering if he is one of those players that just doesn't play nearly as well without a big arena of fans. He did always say the fans is what motivates him in game.

And I just disagreed with you. You can’t be an average defender and a very good but not elite shooter and be top 5. Basketball is about more than just making tough shots. Rebounding, playmaking, defense, etc.

But in the very next post you put Luka in your top 5 despite him being an "average defender and very good but not elite shooter". In fact, Luka isn't even a very good shooter, he's less than that.

So why the double standard when judging Dame?

But in the very next post you put Luka in your top 5 despite him being an "average defender and very good but not elite shooter". In fact, Luka isn't even a very good shooter, he's less than that.

So why the double standard when judging Dame?

All these guys are so insanely talented at some point your splitting hairs.

But I noticed the irony in that as well, no way dame can be top 5, regardless of how good he is on offense bc he sucks at defense. Then mention that Luka should be ahead of him. And it’s not that I really disagree but Luka, Steph, nor Harden bring much on the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited:
I will be done with that as well. The Covid lockdowns has shown me I don't need to watch sports. I have played a ton of golf. Did projects around the house. Sports teams that go WOKE, will go BROKE.

Lol.

I would rank Lebron 3rd behind Kawhi and the Freak at #1. He has played great before the bubble this season and i have no problem with anyone putting him first. The playoffs will determine if i keep him at 3. I know he hasn't needed to look great so far in the bubble but he really has looked pretty bad. I'm wondering if he is one of those players that just doesn't play nearly as well without a big arena of fans. He did always say the fans is what motivates him in game.

Gotcha. So you really aren’t saying drop him down any yet. Just that you might if his play starts to fall off. (Which would make sense for any player, Lebron or otherwise).

***EDIT—my bad, I thought you were the person who said we should start dropping Lebron down.

So, why are you in this thread? Go play golf.

Reactions: GE Nole
Here’s who I’m going with today:

Bucks>Magic
Heat>Pacers
Thunder>Rockets
Lakers>Trailblazers

Here’s who I’m going with today:

Bucks>Magic
Heat>Pacers
Thunder>Rockets
Lakers>Trailblazers

Seems fair. I do think the Trailblazers have a little edge in that they have already been forced to “flip the switch” into playoff mode.

I think the Lakers win the series but I could see the Blazers winning game 1.

Reactions: UL_1986
Seems fair. I do think the Trailblazers have a little edge in that they have already been forced to “flip the switch” into playoff mode.

I think the Lakers win the series but I could see the Blazers winning game 1.
Initially I thought it would be a sweep, but I’m thinking the Blazers will steal 2 games and it’ll go to 6. Lakeshow obv winning.

Reactions: GE Nole
ADVERTISEMENT