ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Bubble Thread

Screen-Shot-2020-08-12-at-9.02.33-AM-1536x533.png

West-scenarios.jpeg

NBA really screwed up with the schedule in the bubble. They should've anticipated that teams already in the playoffs would start mailing it in the last few games. They should've had all the west teams vying for the 8 seed play each other exclusively over the past few games.

How much better would it be if the NBA could promote national tv games tomorrow between Portland/Memphis/SAS/PHX as opposed to watching these teams playing teams that couldn't care less what happens.

Big opportunity missed by the NBA.

NBA really screwed up with the schedule in the bubble. They should've anticipated that teams already in the playoffs would start mailing it in the last few games. They should've had all the west teams vying for the 8 seed play each other exclusively over the past few games.

How much better would it be if the NBA could promote national tv games tomorrow between Portland/Memphis/SAS/PHX as opposed to watching these teams playing teams that couldn't care less what happens.

Big opportunity missed by the NBA.
True

I thought Portland would run away with this game. Nets hanging in there.
Was just about to say the same thing. Levert is on fire tonight. Nets have a squad with their superstars not playing. Portland needs to step up their defense big time. Their offense is elite but damn their perimeter d is meh. I love watching Shaq and Barkley bitch at eachother during the halftime segment lol.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Huge 37-24 3Q by the Nets. 50% from 3 for the game.

30 pts thru 3Q by Lillard.
Insane offense. I think Portland will make some runs in the 4th. Can never count out Dame. This game is a toss up for me. Idk who’s gonna win, but the Nets can’t miss it seems like.

This game is really good. Impressed with both teams. Portland needs to rebound better.

Trying to keep the politics out, don't want this one to get nuked.

So someone explain this idea that the 8 and 9 have a play in game in the west only? Why isn't the 8 automatically in like every other year?

So someone explain this idea that the 8 and 9 have a play in game in the west only? Why isn't the 8 automatically in like every other year?

it was the same in the east, but the rule was that the #9 team had to finish within 4 games of the #8 seed to trigger the play in game. Only teams who had a chance at doing that were invited. Washington was the only east team that mathematically had a chance so they were the only team invited, but they ended up outside those 4 games of Orlando.

In the west, 5 teams had a chance so they were all invited.

And the reason they are doing it is because it was a shortened season so they gave the teams that might've had a chance of catching up in a normal season a chance to do it with the play in game.

Reactions: UL_1986
What are you gonna do when it happens in college sports as well? You gonna be done with that as well? What you gonna do when Kentucky players kneel or wear tshirts with slogans? you outta here?
He’ll cry his eyes into his Dunkin Donuts napkin.

Seems like their records were too close to call, and the emergence of PHX winning 8 in a row really shook things up. Memphis and Portland had to lose for them to have even a chance at the play in. It sucks, but they should’ve sucked less during the regular season.

it was the same in the east, but the rule was that the #9 team had to finish within 4 games of the #8 seed to trigger the play in game. Only teams who had a chance at doing that were invited. Washington was the only east team that mathematically had a chance so they were the only team invited, but they ended up outside those 4 games of Orlando.

In the west, 5 teams had a chance so they were all invited.

And the reason they are doing it is because it was a shortened season so they gave the teams that might've had a chance of catching up in a normal season a chance to do it with the play in game.
I don't like it. Why not just let the 8 seed be the 8 seed? You knew you had 8 games to make the playoffs, the better team shouldn't lose their spot just because they had a bad night.

I don't like it. Why not just let the 8 seed be the 8 seed? You knew you had 8 games to make the playoffs, the better team shouldn't lose their spot just because they had a bad night.

because the season was shortened so they wanted to give a fighting chance to the teams that were chasing #8, but wouldn't have enough time to catch them because of the shortened season.

Also Memphis had an unfair advantage in that they played the easiest schedule in the West prior to the shutdown. It was a great move by the NBA to allow the teams below them a fighting chance to catch up. Also led to some very interesting games.

Why wouldn't you be a fan of something that resulted in more exciting games????

Reactions: UL_1986
because the season was shortened so they wanted to give a fighting chance to the teams that were chasing #8, but wouldn't have enough time to catch them because of the shortened season.

Also Memphis had an unfair advantage in that they played the easiest schedule in the West prior to the shutdown. It was a great move by the NBA to allow the teams below them a fighting chance to catch up. Also led to some very interesting games.

Why wouldn't you be a fan of something that resulted in more exciting games????
Because even though its awesome for fans doesn't mean its fair for the teams. If Portland won fair and square after the set number of games, I feel like that should be it.

Because even though its awesome for fans doesn't mean its fair for the teams. If Portland won fair and square after the set number of games, I feel like that should be it.

Fairness should not be mentioned at all. There's nothing fair about any of this virus stuff. It's not fair that 8 teams didn't even get to participate in the Bubble. It's not fair that Portland was able to save their season because the shutdown allowed them to bring back Nurcic and Collins who both would've been out the rest of the season otherwise.

So if any team has no business complaining about fairness it's 100% Portland.

Leave fairness out of this. It has no place in this discussion.

Fairness should not be mentioned at all. There's nothing fair about any of this virus stuff. It's not fair that 8 teams didn't even get to participate in the Bubble. It's not fair that Portland was able to save their season because the shutdown allowed them to bring back Nurcic and Collins who both would've been out the rest of the season otherwise.

So if any team has no business complaining about fairness it's 100% Portland.

Leave fairness out of this. It has no place in this discussion.
Agree to disagree. The play in game is pointless other than fan happiness.

I’m hyped for the game tomorrow regardless. Hope Portland wins, but I wanna see a close a game. Ja Morant is special.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’m hyped for the game tomorrow regardless. Hope Portland wins, but I wanna see a close a game. Ja Morant is special.
I think Portland could give LA trouble. We have a legitimate chance of a 8 seed upsetting a 1 seed. The Lakers have had an atrocious offense in the bubble and the Blazers have had an amazing one.

I still think Lakers win, I don’t think the Blazers have a LeBron or Davis stopper and when push comes to shove talent wins out, but it wouldn’t shock me if Portland won.

I think Portland could give LA trouble. We have a legitimate chance of a 8 seed upsetting a 1 seed. The Lakers have had an atrocious offense in the bubble and the Blazers have had an amazing one.

I still think Lakers win, I don’t think the Blazers have a LeBron or Davis stopper and when push comes to shove talent wins out, but it wouldn’t shock me if Portland won.
Your second paragraph sums it up. LeBron will destroy them. They have no answer.

I think the Clippers beat the Lakers in 6 in the WCF. That’s my prediction. Clippers are healthy at the right time and PG13 looks unguardable
Denver is starting to come alive too though. Still with you on the Clipps.

Reactions: JimboBBN
RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

Charlie Villanueva still alive? Because if so Joe will give him a max deal.

So heartbroken my Suns didn't get in. Booker was playing lights out. Go 8-0 and not make it while the Memphis Turds get in. If Ayton doesn't miss 20 games at start of season who knows...

Reactions: GE Nole and UL_1986
So heartbroken my Suns didn't get in. Booker was playing lights out. Go 8-0 and not make it while the Memphis Turds get in. If Ayton doesn't miss 20 games at start of season who knows...
Ayton was playing great in the bubble. Y’all look to have a bright future. I like Rubio on PHX too. It’s good to have a pure point with Booker and Ayton.

Love that team but I don’t think they’re ready for the next step. Give them another year or two and they might win the west
We shall find out. The unknowns regarding this post-season are thrilling imo. Idk how anyone can say it’s “boring”.

Nerds probably watch baseball and find it interesting.

We shall find out. The unknowns regarding this post-season are thrilling imo. Idk how anyone can say it’s “boring”.

Nerds probably watch baseball and find it interesting.

Unfortunately I think the East first round is going to be about as interesting as watching a baseball doubleheader. But when it gets to the second round and the seeds hold we'll get Mil/Miami and Tor/Bos and both of those are going to be epic.

Every series in the West all the way through will be epic.

Kinda glad the east first round sucks cause I can skip those games. No way I can do 4 games per day with work. But, 2 games per day is perfect.

On a related note, my new 4K home theater is being installed next Friday. So fired up for that! Hopefully some of these games are in 4k, not sure how that works.

Unfortunately I think the East first round is going to be about as interesting as watching a baseball doubleheader. But when it gets to the second round and the seeds hold we'll get Mil/Miami and Tor/Bos and both of those are going to be epic.

Every series in the West all the way through will be epic.

Kinda glad the east first round sucks cause I can skip those games. No way I can do 4 games per day with work. But, 2 games per day is perfect.

On a related note, my new 4K home theater is being installed next Friday. So fired up for that! Hopefully some of these games are in 4k, not sure how that works.
Agree with everything. And congrats on theater!

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
ADVERTISEMENT