ADVERTISEMENT

NBA 2K20

We always quit playing the game, just like we will in a few months for 2k20, and I doubt I will have all 42-43 badges.

Then you have no idea how hard the grind was because you quit early.

Yeah you could get from 85 to 86 in a couple days, but once you hit a certain rep in 2k19 moving the attribute bar become ridiculous. It takes about 100 rec games to fill 1 bar towards your overall in 2k19 and many builds got double barred every other OVR increase.

Im telling you unequivocally and undeniably that hitting 99 in 2k19 was harder than maxing out badges this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: SIhoosier26
Remember the good old days when you could just put a headband on your player because you thought a headband looked cool? And the $50 you dropped on the game was enough to cover unlimited accessories!?

Those were the days. Now it costs like $20 real dollars to change the color of your virtual socks.

2K sports makes better games than EA. EA, somehow... miraculously isn't nearly as douchey.

Madden Ultimate Team is wayyy worse in terms of pay to play than 2k is.

Just for comparison sake.

In 2k19:
1500-800 park Elite 3
135-100 rec
45 nba games

95 overall

In 2k20:
70-30 park
9-2 rec
24 nba games

23 of 50 badges

To sit there and say that the grind for max badges in 20 would take longer than the grind for max overall in 19 is asinine. The only way one could think that would be if they never hit VIP and don’t realize how ridiculous it became.

Madden Ultimate Team is wayyy worse in terms of pay to play than 2k is.

I'm just talking about franchise and exhibition modes. I don't play online much.

And, admittedly, I'm not that up to date on the games. A recent move, new job, young daughter and another on the way has cut into PS4 time quite a bit.

I'm just talking about franchise and exhibition modes. I don't play online much.

And, admittedly, I'm not that up to date on the games. A recent move, new job, young daughter and another on the way has cut into PS4 time quite a bit.

Madden Ultimate Team was ridiculous. Every week they release new and better cards and to get those new and better cards you often have to put money in. Then in a few weeks those cards that were once gems become useless. You end up buying new and better cards throughout the year.

My buddy who has money to blow and loves Madden managed to spend $2,000 on the game in 2018. That’s wild.

In 2k MyCareer you could realistically put in $50 at the start and be set with one build for the whole year.

I haven’t played MyTeam on 2K but as far as I can tell they release their elite cards early so it’s not just an endless cycle of cards becoming irrelevant.

Reactions: brooky03
Then you have no idea how hard the grind was because you quit early.

Yeah you could get from 85 to 86 in a couple days, but once you hit a certain rep in 2k19 moving the attribute bar become ridiculous. It takes about 100 rec games to fill 1 bar towards your overall in 2k19 and many builds got double barred every other OVR increase.

Im telling you unequivocally and undeniably that hitting 99 in 2k19 was harder than maxing out badges this year.

You didnt hit 99 either

You didnt hit 99 either

That’s the point. The grind to 99 was ridiculous last year. It was so ridiculous that I only got to 95 despite playing 2,500 games.

It took way more time to hit those overalls in 2k19 than it will to max badges this year.

Last edited:
Man, there are a ton of glitchers on here. Just played three straight against a bunch of 98s and shit. Really ruins it.

I strictly play offline and my league against the CPU and the gameplay is so much better than last years. I love how different players have their own dribbling and movement animations this year. I hate the green release and takeover icon showing up though. They need an option to turn it completely off like you can the shooting meter. I want my screen as clean as possible without all these arcady icons popping up.

Last edited:
There are already 99s in 2k20. You should not be able to max out your guy in a week. Almost not even fun playing against those guys. I don’t have the time some some of these dudes have.

Reactions: TheDude1
That’s the point. The grind to 99 was ridiculous last year. It was so ridiculous that I only got to 95 despite playing 2,500 games.

It took way more time to hit those overalls in 2k19 than it will to max badges this year.

Nope. U don’t know what it’s like then dingus

Markelle Fultz is soft

090-B570-C-2602-4409-8420-E306-CAE68033.jpg

I missed out on the badge glitch :(

Overall does not matter in this game. They might as well take it out. Badges definitely take longer to grind than overall ever has

Badges do not take longer to grind than 2k19 overalls. Not even fking close.

If you don’t have maxed badges yet on at least one build then you’re doing into wrong
I've had max badges on my original guy for a few months now. I think I exaggerated how hard it is to grind in this game. Really is faster than getting to 99 in 19. Hell, I could probably max out at least one other guy if I really wanted to. Probably more.

I’ve got 2 characters to 99 overall with maxed badges (another at 97) and I haven’t played the game in 2 months.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I've had max badges on my original guy for a few months now. I think I exaggerated how hard it is to grind in this game. Really is faster than getting to 99 in 19. Hell, I could probably max out at least one other guy if I really wanted to. Probably more.

Yeah, it's not THAT bad. But at the same time, the idea of tackling a totally new guy with NO badges is a bit much... I've got a SF that I just made, and I'm not sure if I really wanna suck balls for as long as it takes to get my badges halfway respectable, you know?

Just bored with it?
Yeah, slashers ruined it for me. I play a lot of 1v1 stage and I was tired of my 7"3 player getting dunked on. I still had a 75% win but slashers were busted as hell last time I played.

It's been so long though, maybe they fixed them by now.

Yeah, it's not THAT bad. But at the same time, the idea of tackling a totally new guy with NO badges is a bit much... I've got a SF that I just made, and I'm not sure if I really wanna suck balls for as long as it takes to get my badges halfway respectable, you know?
I was just thinking reading your post how many career games I played with my original guy before he was at least close to maxed out. I probably finished up the badges playing in park, but basically had to play a half of an entire season in career before I was close to being maxed out. Like you said, not sure I want to take the time to play that many career games again. Or suck in the park for that long. But it does add new value to playing, I will say. Not the same thing over and over again by playing with just one guy.

Yeah, slashers ruined it for me. I play a lot of 1v1 stage and I was tired of my 7"3 player getting dunked on. I still had a 75% win but slashers were busted as hell last time I played.

It's been so long though, maybe they fixed them by now.
Yea, they can be tough. Seems like some of the drive and dunk no matter the defense. I guess it doesn’t bother me unless they start hitting threes. Then it’s basically impossible to stop them.

Yeah, if you only have an hour or 2 to play every night the grind can be a bit tedious. I think they create the game with the mindset everyone can no life it for a period of time so they can be competitive in park.

Yea, they can be tough. Seems like some of the drive and dunk no matter the defense. I guess it doesn’t bother me unless they start hitting threes. Then it’s basically impossible to stop them.
Slashers literally were getting a drive through my body animation on the baseline, making it impossible to cut them off. If I stand in the paint they just dunk on me, if I come out at all they just get a blow by poster. There was no way to stop them so I just got tired of it.

Slashers literally were getting a drive through my body animation on the baseline, making it impossible to cut them off. If I stand in the paint they just dunk on me, if I come out at all they just get a blow by poster. There was no way to stop them so I just got tired of it.

Heh heh heh... there is a guy in our group who has a 6'10 red/blue build, and he's got the hop step down pat. He stands at the three point line, gets the pass, and just drives and hop steps. My 7'3 pure blue guy just can't stop him. I'm just too slow. If I try to go out to meet him further out, he hops right past me. If I stay too far back, he just dunks on me. I can't lock on to him if I meet him halfway; he just slips right past me. It's really disheartening:) The only upside is that the entire 2k community seems to agree that the hop step is hopelessly unbalanced this year.

Heh heh heh... there is a guy in our group who has a 6'10 red/blue build, and he's got the hop step down pat. He stands at the three point line, gets the pass, and just drives and hop steps. My 7'3 pure blue guy just can't stop him. I'm just too slow. If I try to go out to meet him further out, he hops right past me. If I stay too far back, he just dunks on me. I can't lock on to him if I meet him halfway; he just slips right past me. It's really disheartening:) The only upside is that the entire 2k community seems to agree that the hop step is hopelessly unbalanced this year.
I have no problem not being able to keep up with them on the perimeter, my character is too slow. That said, if I hang back and guard the baseline drive they shouldn’t be able to drive right through my body when I know exactly what they’re going to do. Also, I love the poster animations they get with me in the lane like I’m not 7”3 280 pounds.

Reactions: TheDude1
I have no problem not being able to keep up with them on the perimeter, my character is too slow. That said, if I hang back and guard the baseline drive they shouldn’t be able to drive right through my body when I know exactly what they’re going to do. Also, I love the poster animations they get with me in the lane like I’m not 7”3 280 pounds.

OHHH so ****ing annoying. One of the guys we play with gets on me for it constantly, and I'm like dude... I'm 7'3, max wingspan, 280+... I'm standing in the EXACT right place, I'm putting my hands up (or at least TRYING to), I'm not even the PRIMARY defender... there's only so much I can do:)

OHHH so ****ing annoying. One of the guys we play with gets on me for it constantly, and I'm like dude... I'm 7'3, max wingspan, 280+... I'm standing in the EXACT right place, I'm putting my hands up (or at least TRYING to), I'm not even the PRIMARY defender... there's only so much I can do:)
Put an elbow in his chest

Stop making offensive bigs SmokinSmile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT