ADVERTISEMENT

NBA 2K20

TOTALLY based on microtransactions.

So far I'm a bit undecided. It's tough, coming from a jacked up 3 star elite and going to a chumpy 80 something. The overall movement and feel is pretty good. There doesn't seem to be enough of a penalty for the really big players, in terms of speed... a lot of 7'3 guys running as fast as 6'10 guys. Not sure I love the new badge system. Bugs and glitches out the ASS.

Most importantly, the grind is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. Like, terrible. I'm a dad with kids and wife who works and a job... by the time everyone is in bed and the guys I play with are done with 9:00 trivia, I get maybe an hour and a half of time to play, and I just don't feel like spending it playing against the dumbass AI. But you HAVE to, to get the things you need to compete with human players. And that sucks. You should never have a game where you have to play vs both AI and humans if you don't want to.

Gonna take some getting used to, no doubt. Think it has potential, though. The grind is really bad. Wish they would have changed the neighborhood up

Gonna take some getting used to, no doubt. Think it has potential, though. The grind is really bad. Wish they would have changed the neighborhood up

The grind being bad is overrated. I’m up to 92 after the first week and am up to half my badges.

It took me a year to get to 95 overall in 2k19 and probably 2 weeks or so to max badges.

They made boosting attributes and overall wayyy easier but getting badges a bit harder. Still better this year IMO.

TOTALLY based on microtransactions.

So far I'm a bit undecided. It's tough, coming from a jacked up 3 star elite and going to a chumpy 80 something. The overall movement and feel is pretty good. There doesn't seem to be enough of a penalty for the really big players, in terms of speed... a lot of 7'3 guys running as fast as 6'10 guys. Not sure I love the new badge system. Bugs and glitches out the ASS.

Most importantly, the grind is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. Like, terrible. I'm a dad with kids and wife who works and a job... by the time everyone is in bed and the guys I play with are done with 9:00 trivia, I get maybe an hour and a half of time to play, and I just don't feel like spending it playing against the dumbass AI. But you HAVE to, to get the things you need to compete with human players. And that sucks. You should never have a game where you have to play vs both AI and humans if you don't want to.

No you don’t have to. I rep up just fine in the park. If you are a center again this year and don’t suck you should be getting getting ALOT of points in park and rec center because of how hard the shooting is for people.

I’m averaging something like 5 points 8 rebounds in the park as opposed to 2k19 where it’s like 4 points 3 rebounds because 2k19 was a 3 point contest where both team scramble would shoot 7 for 9 or something dumb.

Won’t buy. Based on micro transactions.

While true, it’s wayyyy better than other games. After the initial purchase of VC I don’t think I’ll need to put any more money into the game. I didn’t last year and this year they are more generous with VC and discounts.

The grind being bad is overrated. I’m up to 92 after the first week and am up to half my badges.

It took me a year to get to 95 overall in 2k19 and probably 2 weeks or so to max badges.

They made boosting attributes and overall wayyy easier but getting badges a bit harder. Still better this year IMO.
Idk man, I have my quarters at 12 minutes and even a full game sometimes I don’t get a whole lot. Granted I’m a shooter so if I have a bad game doing that it’s going to show in my results. I was telling my guys I just need to take a couple days or so and do nothing but grind in career. I feel like once I get some of the more important badges up then the rest will come a little easier

While true, it’s wayyyy better than other games. After the initial purchase of VC I don’t think I’ll need to put any more money into the game. I didn’t last year and this year they are more generous with VC and discounts.
I agree with this. I spent 50 bucks when I bought the game on VC and don’t plan on buying anymore going forward. Don’t think it will necessary at all

Idk man, I have my quarters at 12 minutes and even a full game sometimes I don’t get a whole lot. Granted I’m a shooter so if I have a bad game doing that it’s going to show in my results. I was telling my guys I just need to take a couple days or so and do nothing but grind in career. I feel like once I get some of the more important badges up then the rest will come a little easier

Your two most important badges, especially for now, are quick draw and flexible release.

My badges at the moment:

7’0 glass cleaning lockdown

Rebounding/Defense:
HOF intimidator
Gold box out
Gold rebound chaser
Gold rim protector
Silver brick wall

Finishing:
Gold contact finisher
Silver consistent finisher
Bronze slithery finisher

Playmaking:
Silver break starter
Bronze unpluckable

Shooting:

@JimboBBN you can share this with @TheDude1. I like sharing my tips with inferior centers.

Reactions: JimboBBN
In 2007 or 2008, I went into GameStop because I was interested in buying the new NBA PlayStation game that had come out. I approached a young man who worked there who couldn’t be older than 20. I asked him about the game and if he would recommend it and he replied “I don’t play sports games”.

Lol. It’s like, dude you work for and represent GameStop! You’re supposed to atleast lie to me and tell me how good the game is. Customers don’t care that you’re above playing any sports related game for whatever nerd reason you have.

There’s really no reason a rebounding center should feel the need to play MyCareer with the game dynamics right now. The Rec is a rebounding centers paradise right now. In 11 games I’ve probably got 3 triple doubles and grab 15-25 rebounds a game.

My badges at the moment:

7’0 glass cleaning lockdown

Rebounding/Defense:
HOF intimidator
Gold box out
Gold rebound chaser
Gold rim protector
Silver brick wall

Finishing:
Gold contact finisher
Silver consistent finisher
Bronze slithery finisher

Playmaking:
Silver break starter
Bronze unpluckable

Shooting:

@JimboBBN you can share this with @TheDude1. I like sharing my tips with inferior centers.
I tried to get him to be 7 feet, but his guy is still pretty big. I think he chose finishing and rebounding/defense as his primary types. You seem to be pretty far along though, still waiting for you to get xbox :)

In 2007 or 2008, I went into GameStop because I was interested in buying the new NBA PlayStation game that had come out. I approached a young man who worked there who couldn’t be older than 20. I asked him about the game and if he would recommend it and he replied “I don’t play sports games”.

Lol. It’s like, dude you work for and represent GameStop! You’re supposed to atleast lie to me and tell me how good the game is. Customers don’t care that you’re above playing any sports related game for whatever nerd reason you have.

I’d rather not have a GameStop worker lie to me about a game to sell me on it. F that.

He should have been able to give an honest opinion on it based on reviews or what other customers have said, though. When you work at GameStop it’s kind of expected that you are familiar with games even if you don’t play them.

I tried to get him to be 7 feet, but his guy is still pretty big. I think he chose finishing and rebounding/defense as his primary types. You seem to be pretty far along though, still waiting for you to get xbox :)

Why would you make a center under 7 feet? Seems dumb. He’s probably a glass lockdown like I am and I’ve done a lot of reading / sampling of badges. He should focus on the badges I suggested.

No need I’ve got a good crew on PS4. Been playing a lot with @SIhoosier26.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
I’d rather not have a GameStop worker lie to me about a game to sell me on it. F that.

He should have been able to give an honest opinion on it based on reviews or what other customers have said, though. When you work at GameStop it’s kind of expected that you are familiar with games even if you don’t play them.
It’s just funny that was his immediate response. I’m sure in his nerd world they look down on people who play sports games and he brings that mentality to work. He was more interested in protecting his image than selling the product for the company he works for.

It’s just funny that was his immediate response. I’m sure in his nerd world they look down on people who play sports games and he brings that mentality to work. He was more interested in protecting his image than selling the product for the company he works for.

I bet he gets all the gamer chicks

Why would you make a center under 7 feet? Seems dumb. He’s probably a glass lockdown like I am and I’ve done a lot of reading / sampling of badges. He should focus on the badges I suggested.

No need I’ve got a good crew on PS4. Been playing a lot with @SIhoosier26.
Just got my 7"3 post scorer to 92 overall, been grinding, up to 5 HOF badges already.

He's becoming a god

I missed out on the badge glitch :(

Overall does not matter in this game. They might as well take it out. Badges definitely take longer to grind than overall ever has

90 post fade with the badge on HOF, would be toxic but enjoyable.

I've never found the post fade to be reliable enough:( But I've usually gone with a rebounding finisher, so it might just be that I don't have it up high enough.

I've never found the post fade to be reliable enough:( But I've usually gone with a rebounding finisher, so it might just be that I don't have it up high enough.
Yeah, it’s really for post scorers and stretches. But it’s a MUST if you want to win on the 1v1 court.

Reactions: TheDude1

Overall does not matter in this game. They might as well take it out. Badges definitely take longer to grind than overall ever has

Lol no. It took me all year to get to 95 in 2k19. I’ll be max badged in about a month total.

Badges definitely matter more in terms of player performance, this year is all about park rep, “the road to 99” is a thing of the past.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Badges definitely matter more in terms of player performance, this year is all about park rep, “the road to 99” is a thing of the past.

Yeah I don’t get anyone that could say grinding badges takes longer than grinding overall did in 2k19. After I hit 93 it took about a month to fill a single attribute cap bar. The grind for overalls last year was insane.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
You guys need to give this game up and play FIFA. I don't care if you think soccer is gay, it's the best sports game on market.

Troof.

There is zero chance you hit 99 overall in 2k19 faster than you’ll max badges in 2k20.

When did you hit 99?

We always quit playing the game, just like we will in a few months for 2k20, and I doubt I will have all 42-43 badges.

Remember the good old days when you could just put a headband on your player because you thought a headband looked cool? And the $50 you dropped on the game was enough to cover unlimited accessories!?

Those were the days. Now it costs like $20 real dollars to change the color of your virtual socks.

2K sports makes better games than EA. EA, somehow... miraculously isn't nearly as douchey.

Reactions: bkingUK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT