ADVERTISEMENT

Nasir Little ...shots fired

A few things about this odd post.

NBA tv? I haven’t seen any NBA this year. I have seen Duke play in Canada, and Duke play some exhibition games, and Duke beat Kentucky. I don’t think Oz mentioned the league? Where did the NBA come from?

Our win percentage isn’t good? I don’t even get that. Looks good to me.

Trying to pretend like Duke fans have anything to be triggered by, with two national titles in eight years and the greatest coach in the game and being the center of the college basketball world for... what, twenty, thirty years...? That’s trying too hard.

And it’s their, showing possession, not they’re, a contraction of they and are.

Stop, Dude. You sound "triggered"

NBA tv? I haven’t seen any NBA this year. I have seen Duke play in Canada, and Duke play some exhibition games, and Duke beat Kentucky. I don’t think Oz mentioned the league? Where did the NBA come from?

Trying to pretend like Duke fans have anything to be triggered by, with two national titles in eight years and the greatest coach in the game and being the center of the college basketball world for... what, twenty, thirty years...? That’s trying too hard.

Center of the college basketball world???? RollLaugh

That sort of reminds me of the “we don’t move the needle, we are the needle” crap.

I’d say there’s a few programs that really resonate across the basketball world. To claim to be the absolute center comes off poorly.

Reactions: UNC71-00

Recruiting titles you won compared to the actual titles since K jumped into the OAD fray. That’s what I was trying to say when I mentioned percentage. Also when you guys come up short again it’ll be another #1 recruiting class under achieving.

Reactions: uncfan in ky

Yeah. Sorry if that ruffles your feathers. It’s just true. If you paid any attention to basketball from last 25 years or so, youd see it. We are the headliner everywhere. Would you have preferred if I said one of two teams at the center of the basketball universe along with Kentucky? I’m fine with that, although UK only really got back there with Cals arrival.

Recruiting titles you won compared to the actual titles since K jumped into the OAD fray. That’s what I was trying to say when I mentioned percentage. Also when you guys come up short again it’ll be another #1 recruiting class under achieving.

No idea what a recruiting title is. I don’t think that’s a thing. Surely you are not so influenced by high school rankings as to be dumb enough to believe that having the top recruiting class in the country means you should win the title? A UNC fan of ALL people should know that. Great recruits might help, but there are a million intangibles in winning a title.

Yeah. Sorry if that ruffles your feathers. It’s just true. If you paid any attention to basketball from last 25 years or so, youd see it. We are the headliner everywhere. Would you have preferred if I said one of two teams at the center of the basketball universe along with Kentucky? I’m fine with that, although UK only really got back there with Cals arrival.

No idea what a recruiting title is. I don’t think that’s a thing. Surely you are not so influenced by high school rankings as to be dumb enough to believe that having the top recruiting class in the country means you should win the title? A UNC fan of ALL people should know that. Great recruits might help, but there are a million intangibles in winning a title.
Funny that you believe that.

What a stupid comment. I understand duke at this point is gonna be known for putting on a show but to think they don’t care about winning is dumb. Especially Zion and rj. They have that will not lose mentality

I'm confused by Little's comments- didn't Duke do the same thing as UNC, which was win?

Roy always does it the same. Doesn’t start the best players, team doesn’t quite do as well as they should, eventually he changes course and team does better. Remember when he was starting Larry Drew over Kendall? Please.

Roy’s just being Roy! Trying to hold the kid back so he’ll stick around for a few years.

Reactions: ceilo77
Let me say that Roy is the ONLY coach I want at UNC. He has forgotten more about basketball than I’ve ever known.
Every “elite” coach have some sort of flaws & it’s ok to question them.
A lot of UNC fans don’t understand why the top elite recruits don’t pick UNC. Sure Roy has gotten a few from time to time but for the most part, they pick other schools.
A lot of that is the fact that Roy loves upperclassmen. His system is proven to work, so fans don’t like to question it.
People can blow smoke that it great to see former players in the NBA, nobody is believing that. Give me NCAA tournament success over watching former Tar Heels on a Wednesday night on TNT.

I brought all this up on THR over the “big name” recruits going elsewhere. Roy knows what he’s doing, he knows what will succeed & he’s not going to change. If UNC keeps winning with low 5* & high 4* recruits, I’ll take that every year over watching former renal players in the NBA.

So you’re saying Roy don’t go after elite recruits?

It's important for these kids to feel like they made the right decision. And if Little is happy where he's at, great. Personally, I don't see any real shot taken at Duke. If he was taking a shot at Duke, then it was pretty premature. Who is to say that you can't win and be showcased at the same time? Let's not pretend that he hadn't committed to play for Miller in Arizona as a likely OAD until the situation changed, so any perceived shot he was taking at Duke or any other program should be taken with a grain of salt. But at the same time, if he was taking a shot, who cares. He plays for the rival, you're supposed to take shots at your rival.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Just ask Wendell Carter, right?

Speaking of Wendell, it was great seeing him hanging out with the current Duke guys in Chicago in the ESPN all access show. Funny, also, to hear him talking about how awesome it would be to play with the current guys. Loved Wendell, and miss him at Duke!

Reactions: tw3301
Speaking of Wendell, it was great seeing him hanging out with the current Duke guys in Chicago in the ESPN all access show. Funny, also, to hear him talking about how awesome it would be to play with the current guys. Loved Wendell, and miss him at Duke!
Save your propaganda, Goebbels.

Arguing? Who’s arguing? Dook fans assumed he was talking about their program & got their feelings hurt.
UNC fans are laughing at them.
eh, when a "Clemson fan" (that only posts about Duke and UNC) starts a thread titled "shots fired" it's pretty clear what he was trying to do and some people took the bait.
UNC would have won it all with him last year.
Probably would have helped them get out of the first weekend, no doubt, but they hit a buzzsaw which happens in the tournament.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Part of what makes the Duke-UNC rivalry so great is some of the subtle jabs you see come out of both programs, intended for the other.

I do think it's hard for any reasonable-headed fan to say this wasn't one of those jabs intended for Duke. And you know what....who cares? Again....it's what makes it fun.

My only rebuttal to Nassir would be that it's possible to both win and showcase talent. It's not like this is some kind of either/or scenario.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Isn't this about the time of year that the blue devils go down for injuries to rest up for the NBA draft?

I hate that you just put the juju on Nasir Little like that.

tenor.gif

So weird to hear this being applied to another coach/school. I like it.

So damn sexy when you yell at me like that! Next time wil you use the “Caps Lock” button so if feels more real???Laughing
If you think that’s yelling, then you’re a sensitive little bitch.
Do you have anything of substance to add?

ADVERTISEMENT