ADVERTISEMENT

Nasir Little ...shots fired

Someone is jelly af that 4 freshman down the road just beat the shit out of U.K. and have been on every major sports outlet filled with nonstop Duke headlines. I love the jealously.

He should work on getting off the bench and getting a starting spot instead of running his mouth. Reeks of envy. Because honestly it is.

tenor.gif

Someone is jelly af that 4 freshman down the road just beat the shit out of U.K. and have been on every major sports outlet filled with nonstop Duke headlines. I love the jealously.

He should work on getting off the bench and getting a starting spot instead of running his mouth. Reeks of envy. Because honestly it is.

tenor.gif

Doesn’t sound like jealousy to me. Sounds like he’s keeping it real but you may not know anything about that.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Real triggered.

Think that's the first I've used that word, but it seems to fit here.

Yes. He really is. Triggered fits Nas perfectly. I’m sure a lot has to do with not starting. But hell hes got two huge road wins at wofford and Elon he should be damn happy about. Instead he’s busy worrying about he team 8 miles down the road.

I just love it.

tenor.gif
What a stupid comment to make, this isn't a Duke team I would give locker room material

Yes. He really is. Triggered fits Nas perfectly. I’m sure a lot has to do with not starting. But hell hes got two huge road wins at wofford and Elon he should be damn happy about. Instead he’s busy worrying about he team 8 miles down the road.

I just love it.
I was talking about you. Duke is being fellated by every analyst in the country, and you're fired up about this. Yikes.

Reactions: KisteK
I was talking about you. Duke is being fellated by every analyst in the country, and you're fired up about this. Yikes.

Oh gtfo. The fact that this guy already has Duke instilled in his brain and we’ve only played one game tells me all I need to know about him.

Reactions: oldsports_
What a stupid comment to make, this isn't a Duke team I would give locker room material

It’s hilarious. He should be parading around chapel hill with those road wins over Elon and Wofford. Instead he’s worried about Duke.

Unc fans can spin this however they want. They guy is already eaten up with Duke. Yet somehow he’s “keeping it real”. Hahahahaha

I just love it.

Here’s the thing though. You made the assumption it was specifically about your program. Every sure-fire one and done is probably pitched the situation to come in and showcase their abilities. The full quote is "I'm fortunate to be in a program that wants to develop me and wants to win and not just be a showcase."

Maybe it speaks to your program but it also speaks to many others. Maybe the shoe fits, but it being about yours specifically is the assumption you made.

It’s hilarious. He should be parading around chapel hill with those road wins over Elon and Wofford. Instead he’s worried about Duke.

Unc fans can spin this however they want. They guy is already eaten up with Duke. Yet somehow he’s “keeping it real”. Hahahahaha
They know what's coming..

Here’s the thing though. You made the assumption it was specifically about your program. Every sure-fire one and done is probably pitched the situation to come in and showcase their abilities. The full quote is "I'm fortunate to be in a program that wants to develop me and wants to win and not just be a showcase."

Maybe it speaks to your program but it also speaks to many others. Maybe the shoe fits, but it being about yours specifically is the assumption you made.

Here’s the thing. He’s been taking shots at Duke ever since Zion committed. So spare me the other nonsense. It was an attempted shot at Duke that came across in a pathetic jealous way.

But hey, I love that he thinks about Duke all the time.

Reactions: Quavarius

He could have been talking in generalities but I think you and I both know better. This was a shot at Duke, (I could be wrong but this isn't the first time he has taken a shot at Duke) I am okay with it, but it does seem he doesn't like that he isn't getting the attention the Duke guys are getting. Otherwise why take veiled shots at anyone?

I did enjoy the "wants to develop me" line. Especially coming from a guy that is as much a OAD as any of Duke freshman.

He could have been talking in generalities but I think you and I both know better. This was a shot at Duke, (I could be wrong but this isn't the first time he has taken a shot at Duke) I am okay with it, but it does seem he doesn't like that he isn't getting the attention the Duke guys are getting. Otherwise why take veiled shots at anyone?

I did enjoy the "wants to develop me" line. Especially coming from a guy that is as much a OAD as any of Duke freshman.

I just took it as him saying that he’s fine with his current role, which is coming off the bench and contributing. Particularly given how many internet keyboard warriors are questioning it.

Here’s the thing. He’s been taking shots at Duke ever since Zion committed. So spare me the other nonsense. It was an attempted shot at Duke that came across in a pathetic jealous way.

But hey, I love that he thinks about Duke all the time.

This reminds me a lot of when UNC fans got up in arms when Coach K said “we don’t talk about injuries like some programs” or something like that. The automatic assumption is that it was all about UNC because they had some players out. Maybe it was, but the internet fans got all butt hurt.

Same stuff, different year.

Edit to add: I suppose it’s natural for any comment from a UNC player/coach to automatically be assumed to be about Duke and vice versa. Maybe they usually are, but probably not to the extent that we all assume.

Last edited:
Reactions: tw3301 and KisteK
Little doesn't care at all about Duke. I can't believe fans still think players are also fans like they are. He probably does find it annoying that he is right there with other freshman in the country and not getting the same sort of love (and didn't really even before any of them played a game). This comments fits exactly with everything else the family has ever said. I find it odd Duke fans are so insecure about this when it is about his peers and not them. I mean, you don't see UK fans on here being all defensive and if anyone is the 'showcase' for freshman it is them. The media loves K and Duke yet he still has his fanbase convinced everyone is out to get them. Dude has Duke fans in the hive mind.

Last edited:
This reminds me a lot of when UNC fans got up in arms about when Coach K said “we don’t talk about injuries like some programs” or something like that. The automatic assumption is that it was all about UNC because they had some players out. Maybe it was, but the internet fans got all butt hurt.

Same stuff, different year.

Edit to add: I suppose it’s natural for any comment from a UNC player/coach to automatically be assumed to be about Duke and vice versa. Maybe they usually are, but probably not to the extend that we all assume.

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't understamd why UNC fans would get upset about that comment. People who follow the program knows there are many times they don't mention when guys have injuries. People take things too personally.

I don’t remember Duke being that involved in his recruitment.

Yeah, I don't think they were.

Just purchased the book "Blue Blood II" between Duke and UNC by Art Chansky. Looking forward to reading it.

He should be fully developed and ready to go pro after his JR year.
SmokinSmile

Keeping it real would be talking about his own program and not worrying about any other schools. But yea. He’s keeping it real. Real JEALOUS.

I didn’t see Duke in his comments. Thinking to much will get you every time.

Last edited:
Little doesn't care at all about Duke. I can't believe fans still think players are also fans like they are. He probably does find it annoying that he is right there with other freshman in the country and not getting the same sort of love (and didn't really even before any of them played a game). This comments fits exactly with everything else the family has ever said. I find it odd Duke fans are so insecure about this when it is about his peers and not them. I mean, you don't see UK fans on here being all defensive and if anyone is the 'showcase' for freshman it is them. The media loves K and Duke yet he still has his fanbase convinced everyone is out to get them. Dude has Duke fans in the hive mind.
This Duke fan doesn't give a ****.

tenor.gif

That definitely sounds like jealousy no doubt about it. Some people can’t stand when others get attention so they do and say things to get attention.

Reactions: LandofOzDevil
Amazing that the 6th man on UNC’s team has so many people upset & bothered by his comment.

ADVERTISEMENT