ADVERTISEMENT

Nasir Little ...shots fired

I thought he settled on UNC after Miami.
Duke wasn't involved in the bidding war, he went to UNC after Arizona got popped. Probably like Zion went to Duke after Kansas got popped.

Duke wasn't involved in the bidding war, he went to UNC after Arizona got popped. Probably like Zion went to Duke after Kansas got popped.

I think all the above are accurate. I think the fbi scandal 100% played a roll in Zion choosing Duke.

Just like Nas. Carolina wasn’t his first choice, or second for that matter but that’s where he landed.

I think both schools are happy with the end results.

That definitely sounds like jealousy no doubt about it. Some people can’t stand when others get attention so they do and say things to get attention.

It is. Unfortunately the only recogniztion these road games against wofford and Elon get are on message boards. It is what it is.

@Matt Laurer this wasn’t your best troll thread, but it’s made 2 pages.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Scotty00
UNC sells their program and the university. Wish Kentucky would start doing the same. Tired of the draft night and nba success consolation already. Cal sold himself sort as a coach when he hitched himself to the one and done wagon.

Reactions: UNC71-00
UNC sells their program and the university. Wish Kentucky would start doing the same. Tired of the draft night and nba success consolation already. Cal sold himself sort as a coach when he hitched himself to the one and done wagon.

Yikes

I actually like UK is helping so many players and their families.

Our banners are impressive, but what's the point if we're not helping kids?

I've been thinking about this and I watched an NBA game the other night and 4 former UK players were playing in it and I thought. "how awesome is that". Am I greedy by being one of those bandwagon fans that say "I only care what they do in college"? I'm seeing the bigger picture. Players come to UK to get better and reach their dreams. We're still #1 all time so why not use our platform to help kids?

Something to think about is the Harrison twins. They hung two banners in Rupp (in two years), and some consider them failures. I don't get that line of thinking.

"final four and drafted in 2nd round"= failure
"top 10 pick and no banner" = failure

It's nuts ppl still defend the double standards.

It's funny to see how far haters will reach to hate. ie OP.

Last edited:
I actually like UK is helping so many players and their families.

Our banners are impressive, but what's the point if we're not helping kids?

I've been thinking about this and I watched an NBA game the other night and 4 former UK players were playing in it and I thought. "how awesome is that". Am I greedy by being one of those bandwagon fans that say "I only care what they do in college"? I'm seeing the bigger picture. Players come to UK to get better and reach their dreams. We're still #1 all time so why not use our platform to help kids?

Something to think about is the Harrison twins. They hung two banners in Rupp (in two years), and some consider them failures. I don't get that line of thinking.

"final four and drafted in 2nd round"= failure
"top 10 pick and no banner" = failure

It's nuts ppl still defend the double standards.

It's funny to see how far haters will reach to hate. ie OP.
Mrs Calipari, does Johnny know that you post here?

Mrs Calipari, does Johnny know that you post here?
witty. 9.5/10

It's just funny watching double standards get played to the point they become cliches'

Or should I say "if you don't like what I post, just gfy and not read it. Go back to home board loser". or something like that.

Last edited:
Anyway again, I watch Nasir Little and Reddish go toe to toe trading buckets and Little won. I really wouldn't be surprised if he ends up #1 draft pick and he should be getting more attention, and he should be starting. It's so Roy to not start him.

Anyway again, I watch Nasir Little and Reddish go toe to toe trading buckets and Little won. I really wouldn't be surprised if he ends up #1 draft pick and he should be getting more attention, and he should be starting. It's so Roy to not start him.

Rj Barrett will be the #1 pick. I am confident in saying that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

At some point Roy will stop being so damn stubborn and start Little. Kids got to much talent to be sitting on the bench. I’ve never understood the theory of playing upperclassman because they’ve been there. You put in the best 5 players and go to work. Freshman or senior I want the best players playing at Duke. Just so happens the last 7/8 years the majority have been freshman. And in 15 those freshman hung a Natty.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Roy always does it the same. Doesn’t start the best players, team doesn’t quite do as well as they should, eventually he changes course and team does better. Remember when he was starting Larry Drew over Kendall? Please.

At some point Roy will stop being so damn stubborn and start Little. Kids got to much talent to be sitting on the bench. I’ve never understood the theory of playing upperclassman because they’ve been there. You put in the best 5 players and go to work. Freshman or senior I want the best players playing at Duke. Just so happens the last 7/8 years the majority have been freshman. And in 15 those freshman hung a Natty.
I had this argument on THI the other. Would love an outsiders opinion on who the starters should be.
I posted on here months ago Little wouldn’t start.

Still triggered, eh? Lol.

Now Roy doesn’t know how to win a title, even though he has 3 to K’s 2 since arriving in Chapel Hill.

You’re not very good at this.

Roy always does it the same. Doesn’t start the best players, team doesn’t quite do as well as they should, eventually he changes course and team does better. Remember when he was starting Larry Drew over Kendall? Please.
The fact that you have to explain this to him.... maybe he’s 13. Idk.

We all know Little will eventually start, only a matter of when. Kid praises coach and even sticks up for him, and it’s seen as a bad thing. Smh.

The fact that you have to explain this to him.... maybe he’s 13. Idk.

We all know Little will eventually start, only a matter of when. Kid praises coach and even sticks up for him, and it’s seen as a bad thing. Smh.
I’m not 100% sure Little will start.
Roy loves having a true big & as long as Garrison Brooks is playing well, he’ll continue to start.
He’s not going to start over the 3 seniors.
He’s a hell of a weapon to bring off the bench, that’s for sure.

Roy loves having a true big & as long as Garrison Brooks is playing well, he’ll continue to start.

You don’t think those 5 I just mentioned would be a successful starting five?

We talked about this in another thread.
White
Williams
Luke
Cam
Little

Reactions: uncfan in ky
And while Roy isn’t building a one and done factory, bringing a top 3 draft pick off the bench all season isn’t a good look. If he wants to get one of the studs each year, he needs to let Nas be the focus. We both know he’s that good. Can he handle it? Let’s at least find out before long.

I realize it worked w Marvin but this is over a decade later. And there’s a different recruiting game being played, I’d say. However, maybe the NBA finally lets the kids in and this is all a moot point sooner than later.

Reactions: tw3301
You can't really use Larry Drew and Kendall here. There were extenuating circumstances there. Roy wanted to start KM.

Roy isn't not starting Little because he is a freshman. He has started them before. Heck, he is starting one this year over a junior. He is just trying to stay big and see if it works. I mean, if he goes big he would have to replace Maye or Johnson. That would be pretty silly. If he goes small Little will start, though he already gets starter minutes anyway. People are pretty hung up on the optics of starting.

I agree with helping kids being the main goal, though I don't agree these coaches help them much when it comes to pro success (don't feel like Dean did either back in the day). I do feel like they can help them in terms of getting them drafted though. I think there is little doubt Roy does this (helps in many ways) along with most of the other coaches.

Let me say that Roy is the ONLY coach I want at UNC. He has forgotten more about basketball than I’ve ever known.
Every “elite” coach have some sort of flaws & it’s ok to question them.
A lot of UNC fans don’t understand why the top elite recruits don’t pick UNC. Sure Roy has gotten a few from time to time but for the most part, they pick other schools.
A lot of that is the fact that Roy loves upperclassmen. His system is proven to work, so fans don’t like to question it.
People can blow smoke that it great to see former players in the NBA, nobody is believing that. Give me NCAA tournament success over watching former Tar Heels on a Wednesday night on TNT.

I brought all this up on THR over the “big name” recruits going elsewhere. Roy knows what he’s doing, he knows what will succeed & he’s not going to change. If UNC keeps winning with low 5* & high 4* recruits, I’ll take that every year over watching former renal players in the NBA.

He favors upperclassmen when he feels it helps the team. So at times they play ahead of a young guy while he learns the system. He favors whoever he feels helps the team wins the most now but also favors playing lineups and players that will help the team win later in the year. That means if a freshman struggles he can play through it but not 30 minutes a game. Generally Roy plays his roster more than any coach in the country though. Freshman, even ones who struggle, still get burn. That is what I think frustrates UNC fans. The stud isn't getting 30 minutes but the 3 star who is in over his head is getting some run. This generally amounts to a very tangible payoff in the end but the 'process' early on is sometimes painful, lol.

There have been two cases since Roy has been here of really playing a guy over someone else when he shouldn't. Like I said, one of those was the mama Drew situation and Roy handled that about as well as he could have.

OADs aren't coming because of perception, and negative talk based on that perception, regarding how successful his guys have been early on in college and also how they have done in the pros. I mean, it is perception based in some reality as well of course. He has gotten dudes drafted high. They just haven't produced. This kind of illustrates just how good he is as a coach though. He gets more out of them than anyone else can.

Yeah, remember when Roy refused to start Marvin Williams? How’d that work out?

I don’t think I was really passing judgment on the habit.

That UNC team had at least three or four players (May, Felton, McCants, Williams) more talented than anyone but Little on the current UNC team.

Still triggered, eh? Lol.

Now Roy doesn’t know how to win a title, even though he has 3 to K’s 2 since arriving in Chapel Hill.

You’re not very good at this.

Looks to me they’re focused on watching Duke players on NBA TV. I say let them win recruiting titles because so far they’re winning percentage isn’t good.

Looks to me they’re focused on watching Duke players on NBA TV. I say let them win recruiting titles because so far they’re winning percentage isn’t good.

A few things about this odd post.

NBA tv? I haven’t seen any NBA this year. I have seen Duke play in Canada, and Duke play some exhibition games, and Duke beat Kentucky. I don’t think Oz mentioned the league? Where did the NBA come from?

Our win percentage isn’t good? I don’t even get that. Looks good to me.

Trying to pretend like Duke fans have anything to be triggered by, with two national titles in eight years and the greatest coach in the game and being the center of the college basketball world for... what, twenty, thirty years...? That’s trying too hard.

And it’s their, showing possession, not they’re, a contraction of they and are.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT