ADVERTISEMENT

Murray State looks like trash tonight

Cdub2k

Jun 14, 2003
New Orleans, LA
Team
Michigan State
They cant shoot, rebound, or stop themselves from fouling St. Peter. Murray State looks like the 15 seed.

Hard to play 5 v 8. We have four big men, two have 3 and the other 2 have 2 fouls. Looks like the damn baylor game when they whistled unc every time down the floor for a stretch.

Reactions: cdbearde
They have to be able to play D without fouling for a good 10 minutes to get back into this game. And of course make some shots.

UK looked like trash, Murray State looked like trash. In sweet 16 people will be saying Purdue/Texas look like trash, and after elite 8 when they beat UCLA/UNC, they will finally realize that St.Peter's is just a very good team. I think they deserve an 11 seed, something like that VCU team in 2011.

UK looked like trash, Murray State looked like trash. In sweet 16 people will be saying Purdue/Texas look like trash, and after elite 8 when they beat UCLA/UNC, they will finally realize that St.Peter's is just a very good team. I think they deserve an 11 seed, something like that VCU team in 2011.
Wow, let's see this happen, sounds very interesting, and great entertainment.
I am all in.
👍

Reactions: Cdub2k
Wow, let's see this happen, sounds very interesting, and great entertainment.
I am all in.
👍
Well think about it, Calipari has never lost to double digit seeded teams in his career, UK as a school only did it once and it was in elite 8 against an 11 seed. If this is your average 15 seed, they wouldnt have been able to hang around with Cal's UK. Sometimes a 15 seed won because the 2 seed choked really hard, ie. 2012 Nolfolk State. Sometimes it just happened to be a very good and underseeded team.

Reactions: cdbearde
Well think about it, Calipari has never lost to double digit seeded teams in his career, UK as a school only did it once and it was in elite 8 against an 11 seed. If this is your average 15 seed, they wouldnt have been able to hang around with Cal's UK. Sometimes a 15 seed won because the 2 seed choked really hard, ie. 2012 Nolfolk State. Sometimes it just happened to be a very good and underseeded team.
I understand what you are saying. 👍
But all I will say is I would not judge them on UK's performance, we had one man play his normal game, and I don't want to coach bash, but I think to much yelling and shaming can break players confidence and making the correct play/shot, plus his play calls and so on.
But I wish Saint Peters all the luck, would love to see them make it to the final four!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: silkcitypirate
yeah cal panicked bad in that game. he came unglued on the sideline as he often does and that trickles down.

But st. peter’s did play well too. they played well today. i don’t think murray state was a bad team either.

Cal hasn’t lost in the first round since 2003. that’s 14 straight first round wins. I think only roy williams among the recent elite coaches was better in first round games.

i don’t think roy ever lost in the first round at either kansas or unc. as much as i hâte unc roy is somehow criminally underrated as a head coach.

It seems that every team that faced St.Peter’s has looked like trash, it’s not a coincidence.
Yes sir, but no excuse. if you have better talent?
God bless total dedication and effort, it is awesome, but?
Someone crapped the bed!!! And God bless them. If Arkansas wasn't still in the picture I would be all in for them!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT