ADVERTISEMENT

Most reasonable/level headed poster regarding politics.

I like Bert. But I've had the pleasure of talking with him. Totally different. Very intelligent. He's stuck inhis ways. That is for sure. But very level-headed, fair and TBH, a very interesting person.
My old man is nearing 70. And he’s also stuck in his ways. I’m sure I will be too at that age. It’s all good by me.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I like Bert. But I've had the pleasure of talking with him. Totally different. Very intelligent. He's stuck inhis ways. That is for sure. But very level-headed, fair and TBH, a very interesting person.

I would never use the term “level headed” to describe Bert. He seems to be the opposite of that.

Dude is stuck on repeat. Not sure how he has access to internet. It's great he does and he's nothing but positive.
Getting old has a funny way of mellowing you out and making you more appreciative I think. Imagine Bert before he got old? I bet he was a total red ass.

Its me. Its me b/c I'm not a democrat. Not a republican. Not a right/left winger. Conservative, nor a liberal. I do not support a party. I never have. IMO the only difference between a republican and a democrat is.........Well ones a republican,. The others a democrat. Both tell you they are out for your best interest.

Both are lying.

Our government has became to big; something our forefathers warned about. And not only that, but its became BIG MONEY. Its all about how much can I put in my pockets. TBH, I cannot recall the last time a President was actually running for the betterment of this country; Maybe Reagan? Its all about getting the power. Its all about the money. Its about getting what's best for you and your party. Be damned whom it may harm.

I absolutely loathe politicians. Most are pure garbage. And when I say "politician", Im not talking about your local Mayor, etc, etc...I'm talking about these dudes who have become cemented in the Senate, and or the House. They are garbage. Liars.

So....you see, its me. I'm level headed about it because, well...I don't have a "side". Honestly to me, they all suck.
Twain_DenialAintJust.jpeg

Really? So you know how I register....How I vote? Interesting. Show me ONE.....just ONE statement where I've ever stated I support Trump? I mean not sure how many times I have to say this, but I will say it again--------DID NOT vote for Trump. DID NOT vote for Clinton. MOF, I didn't vote at all. I supported neither one of them. I'm not defending Trump. I'm simply making fun of you people who cannot stand him, and let it control your lives.
Some of you...NO, most of you, turn everything this guy does into a world ending, dooms day, armageddon type of scenario. I mean yes, some of the things he's done are, well----head scratching to say the least. But Jesus........Its everyday. Its utterly amazing.

If I were you, I'd worry about the next scandal coming from UL, instead of the White House. Those are alot more common anyways..Laughing

Reactions: treyforuk
I would never use the term “level headed” to describe Bert. He seems to be the opposite of that.
He's different on here, just like the most of us are. As I said, he's stuck in his ways, beliefs. And from what I've gathered through our conversations, he's always came off as being level-headed.

Really? So you know how I register....How I vote? Interesting. Show me ONE.....just ONE statement where I've ever stated I support Trump? I mean not sure how many times I have to say this, but I will say it again--------DID NOT vote for Trump. DID NOT vote for Clinton. MOF, I didn't vote at all. I supported neither one of them. I'm not defending Trump. I'm simply making fun of you people who cannot stand him, and let it control your lives.
Some of you...NO, most of you, turn everything this guy does into a world ending, dooms day, armageddon type of scenario. I mean yes, some of the things he's done are, well----head scratching to say the least. But Jesus........Its everyday. Its utterly amazing.

If I were you, I'd worry about the next scandal coming from UL, instead of the White House. Those are alot more common anyways..Laughing

Yup....I've been saying this exact same thing for the past year. Actually, we're pretty similar when it comes to politics it seems. The only difference is about the voting. I didn't vote for either of them also, but I do feel it's important no matter what to vote for someone, so I voted for the best possible person......myself.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Yup....I've been saying this exact same thing for the past year. Actually, we're pretty similar when it comes to politics it seems. The only difference is about the voting. I didn't vote for either of them also, but I do feel it's important no matter what to vote for someone, so I voted for the best possible person......myself.
I vote for the person. ALways have. Voted democrat and republican. Voted for a few independents as well.

Reactions: KisteK and npreston
He's different on here, just like the most of us are. As I said, he's stuck in his ways, beliefs. And from what I've gathered through our conversations, he's always came off as being level-headed.
Bert and his wife are a blessing.Life is about meeting people. I'm glad got to meet them.

Reactions: npreston
My man...How ya been?
Great, brother! Staying busy at the hospital (working ICU primarily), trying to keep the kids outta trouble this summer, drinking plenty of delicious beer (wife got a new job at Lefthand Brewery), lots of 4 wheeling and a few camping trips.

Yourself? How’s your daughter and grandchild?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What great was they didn't expect us.They wasn't sure, and then we showed up....and stayed the night. I wish everyone could meet them.

What great was they didn't expect us.They wasn't sure, and then we showed up....and stayed the night. I wish everyone could meet them.

Okay, so if you’ve met him... if he is such a warm and welcoming guy in person, what’s your take on why he is so over the top and aggressive here?

Okay, so if you’ve met him... if he is such a warm and welcoming guy in person, what’s your take on why he is so over the top and aggressive here?
I don't think he has always been that aggressive. He has his opinions, a lot of which I agree with, some not really. But I think he became increasingly insulting and aggressive towards certain people after being called a dumb redneck, moron, idiot, stupid old man, etc etc etc...over and over. We can't control how people respond to insults, but we shouldn't place the blame soley on them when they respond to insults with... insults.

We also shouldn't judge other people for being aggressive and insulting when we, ourselves are aggressive and insulting.

I don't think he has always been that aggressive. He has his opinions, a lot of which I agree with, some not really. But I think he became increasingly insulting and aggressive towards certain people after being called a dumb redneck, moron, idiot, stupid old man, etc etc etc...over and over. We can't control how people respond to insults, but we shouldn't place the blame soley on them when they respond to insults with... insults.

We also shouldn't judge other people for being aggressive and insulting when we, ourselves are aggressive and insulting.
Well said. You may need to name names. I don't think they are aware they are assholes. Me? I know I am,and will show it when necessary.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301

Not everyone is the same level of aggressive and insulting. Some are far worse than others.

And Bert tends to be the first to lash out, not the last.

It’s just odd to me.

You seem like you aren’t telling the truth. But that’s okay, go ahead and deflect to an irrelevant cbb statement regarding UL. Next time you write a novel in response to a meme, make sure to at least seem genuine. You don’t.

Oh please, he’s not some young kid getting berated in middle school. He’s said some atrocious things on this board, he deserves every response that comes his way.

Oh please, he’s not some young kid getting berated in middle school. He’s said some atrocious things on this board, he deserves every response that comes his way.
Sure. I am not suggesting that he is reasonable and level headed. I just don't think he has always been as aggressive as he is now. I am also not trying to suggest that he is a victim. Just gave my opinion on why he is the way he is.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
You seem like you aren’t telling the truth. But that’s okay, go ahead and deflect to an irrelevant cbb statement regarding UL. Next time you write a novel in response to a meme, make sure to at least seem genuine. You don’t.
So let me guess, your the guy who always has, "the better story"? You caught a fish thiiiiiiiiiiiiis big........Right? You know nothing of my political affiliation; even though I've tried to tell some 100x's now. Again...I didn't vote for Trump. Did not vote for Clinton. MOF---I did not vote---At all. And TBH, I couldn't care less WTF you think. And I'm not deflecting at all. My goodness dude I've repeatedly told you I didn't vote for either candidate; BOTH SUCK. So I have nothing more for you. Hope things get better at UL. But who knows, before long, you guys will probably have to rename the Yum! as well.RollLaugh

Not to my knowledge. Its funny how you paint someone as a racist, just b/c they lay blame were it sometimes belongs.

So, this was all just a joke, right? o_O Yikes you're dumb..

Bert HigginbothaWell-Known Member
Gold Member

Hell no. They are going to Kentucky for a real damned job. Build the damned wall. Keep them out. There are not enough jobs in Texas and Arizona and California and Florida............ they keep coming to my area. I don't want them. I am racist and want AMERICANS. Screw MEXICANS. I am an American.

Geeze, the only Mexican that I know I have learned at Wal Mart in Kentucky. Keep the friggin's Mexicans out of my state.

I was a Mayor of a little town and my taxes had to pay for the friggin' translators in court so your good friendly Mexicans could go to court and get freed again so they could rack up another crime. Fvck um.

409 Bert Higginbotha, Feb 24, 2017

Reactions: KisteK
So let me guess, your the guy who always has, "the better story"? You caught a fish thiiiiiiiiiiiiis big........Right? You know nothing of my political affiliation; even though I've tried to tell some 100x's now. Again...I didn't vote for Trump. Did not vote for Clinton. MOF---I did not vote---At all. And TBH, I couldn't care less WTF you think. And I'm not deflecting at all. My goodness dude I've repeatedly told you I didn't vote for either candidate; BOTH SUCK. So I have nothing more for you. Hope things get better at UL. But who knows, before long, you guys will probably have to rename the Yum! as well.RollLaugh
Still fos I see. Keep the deflection rolling. "I didn't vote for either, I promise"!!!
I guess if you tell yourself a lie enough times, it becomes true. That's cute.

Still fos I see. Keep the deflection rolling. "I didn't vote for either, I promise"!!!
I guess if you tell yourself a lie enough times, it becomes true. That's cute.
Your trolling is solid. I guess if you keep claiming that title, it still coumts, huh??RollLaugh
Couldn't care less what you thinlk. Not gonna lose any sleep over a UL fan not believing me.Laughing

Oh, Borden doesn't mind, they talk on the phone about college hoops so it's all good. Plus, he's white..so no biggie. Laughing
Do I mind that someone doesn't like the fact that illegal immigrants are coming into our country? If that is what you mean, then yes, you are coreect. I have zero issue with those wh9 come here and go through the proper procedures. For those who dont? I absolutely mind. I agree with Bert on the status of illegal immigrants.

Do I mind that someone doesn't like the fact that illegal immigrants are coming into our country? If that is what you mean, then yes, you are coreect. I have zero issue with those wh9 come here and go through the proper procedures. For those who dont? I absolutely mind. I agree with Bert on the status of illegal immigrants.
I didn’t realize all Mexicans were illegal? You really are a moron. Laughing

Lolololll my lord
Did I miss something [in his post]? I've spoken with Bert many of times. He's never once came across as being a racist. Certainly against illegal immigrants. That I already knew.

ADVERTISEMENT