ADVERTISEMENT

Most Embarrassing Sports related Scandal?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
One stands out, but I'm watching this game and I have to bring up Marv Albert.

Albert became embroiled in a sex scandal in 1997. A 42-year-old woman named Vanessa Perhach[19] accused Albert of throwing her on a bed, biting her, and forcing her to perform oral sex after a February 12, 1997 argument in his Pentagon City hotel room. DNA testing linked Albert to genetic material taken from the bite marks and from semen in Perhach's underwear.[20] During the trial, testimony was presented from another woman, Patricia Masden, who told the jury that Albert had bitten her on two different occasions in 1993 and 1994 in Miami and Dallas hotels, which she viewed as unwanted sexual advances.[21] Masden claimed that in Dallas, Albert called her to his hotel room to help him send a fax, only for her to find him wearing "white panties and garter belt".[22] Albert maintained that Perhach had requested that he bite her and denied her accusation that he'd asked her to bring another man into their sexual affair. He described the recorded conversation of hers with the police on the night of the incident as "an Academy Award performance".[19] After tests proved that the bite marks were his, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery charges, while the sodomy charge was dropped.[23][24] Albert was given a 12-month suspended sentence.

It's far worse, but "embarrassing" isn't the first word that comes to mind.
You don't think getting caught of a jealous rage is embarrassing?

Then pretending to be a victim while melting down in a low speed car chase.

As Dat said... embarrassing isn’t the first word to come to mind, when it comes to OJ;)

The rest of Patricia Masden's story would be interesting. Did he just bite her on two occassions and nothing else happened? I mean, there was no sex, just a dude walking up in panties, taking a nibble, then walking away? Or did she have sex with the middle aged guy who wears women's underwear and garter belts? Assuming the latter, that's pretty embarrassing for her. Assuming the former, how'd that happen twice?

I believe both womens' accounts, but as they say, "bite me once, shame on you. Bite me twice..."

Last edited:
Tiger is easily top three. Even though the man looks like a badly balding turtle...his net worth should have afforded him some 9's and 10's---yet he went with slump busters nearly every time. Not to mention the whole incident in the front yard. Dude was the face of the sport and spiraled out of control for 15 yrs.

One stands out, but I'm watching this game and I have to bring up Marv Albert.

Albert became embroiled in a sex scandal in 1997. A 42-year-old woman named Vanessa Perhach[19] accused Albert of throwing her on a bed, biting her, and forcing her to perform oral sex after a February 12, 1997 argument in his Pentagon City hotel room. DNA testing linked Albert to genetic material taken from the bite marks and from semen in Perhach's underwear.[20] During the trial, testimony was presented from another woman, Patricia Masden, who told the jury that Albert had bitten her on two different occasions in 1993 and 1994 in Miami and Dallas hotels, which she viewed as unwanted sexual advances.[21] Masden claimed that in Dallas, Albert called her to his hotel room to help him send a fax, only for her to find him wearing "white panties and garter belt".[22] Albert maintained that Perhach had requested that he bite her and denied her accusation that he'd asked her to bring another man into their sexual affair. He described the recorded conversation of hers with the police on the night of the incident as "an Academy Award performance".[19] After tests proved that the bite marks were his, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery charges, while the sodomy charge was dropped.[23][24] Albert was given a 12-month suspended sentence.
What’s interesting to me is he was able to force Vanessa into giving him a bj. I can't imagin jamming my most prized possession in the mouth of a woman that I'm basically raping.
Unless she lost all her teeth in some horrible accident, I'm not doing that.

Tiger is easily top three. Even though the man looks like a badly balding turtle...his net worth should have afforded him some 9's and 10's---yet he went with slump busters nearly every time. Not to mention the whole incident in the front yard. Dude was the face of the sport and spiraled out of control for 15 yrs.
What’s funny is he's still the face of golf, even as good as Speith, DJ, Day and Phil are, they never caught our attention the way Tiger did.

Now Tiger is back to winning majors, so that scandal is fully in the rearview mirror.

But you better believe that new gf of his will be joining him on every road trip.

"Oh I trust you honey, I just enjoy all this quality time in the gallery watching you play"

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What’s interesting to me is he was able to force Vanessa into giving him a bj. I can't imagin jamming my most prized possession in the mouth of a woman that I'm basically raping.
Unless she lost all her teeth in some horrible accident, I'm not doing that.
What's crazy is he reported bit her a dozen times prior to the bj.

"An attorney for Vanessa Perhach, who testified that Albert bit her back more than a dozen times and then forced her to perform oral sex,"

Pete Rose is also embarrassing. The guy was a first ballot HOF inductee, and then he screws it up.

Speaking of gambling, MJ's stint in the minor leagues got mostly buried under the rug.

What’s funny is he's still the face of golf, even as good as Speith, DJ, Day and Phil are, they never caught our attention the way Tiger did.

Now Tiger is back to winning majors, so that scandal is fully in the rearview mirror.

But you better believe that new gf of his will be joining him on every road trip.

"Oh I trust you honey, I just enjoy all this quality time in the gallery watching you play"
He could be in 113th place and they still didn't talk about who was winning the damn thing. His new GF probably wont give a damn what he does b/c like i said----the man isn't attractive and sure doesn't seem like "husband material", but he does have an endless supply of money and .......stamina lol.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Having Lavar Ball as your dad is also pretty high up there---you know, failing to lock in a $$$nike contract b/c you want to launch your own brand, with the worst name, with the worst design, with the worst spokesman, for an over the top excessive price, that ended up losing an epic amount of money and imploding.

Now Tiger has won one more major, so that scandal is fully in the rearview mirror.
Fixed that first part for you.
On that last part, I remember sports radio talk about a year later saying winning would put it behind him just like Kobe's commitment to Team USA (and winning) put his alleged rape behind him.

Having Lavar Ball as your dad is also pretty high up there---you know, failing to lock in a $$$nike contract b/c you want to launch your own brand, with the worst name, with the worst design, with the worst spokesman, for an over the top excessive price, that ended up losing an epic amount of money and imploding.
At least his son will be the only uncommitted top 50 recruit.

Reactions: toonces11

What a moron.

The Pitino 15 second thing is REALLY really bad, too.

For Pitino, which was more embarrassing, cheating on his wife on a pizza parlor table or sweating through that white suit?
The testimony of the situation had to be next level embarrassing.

Fixed that first part for you.
On that last part, I remember sports radio talk about a year later saying winning would put it behind him just like Kobe's commitment to Team USA (and winning) put his alleged rape behind him.
I think Tiger wins one more major this year, but you're correct, he has only won one recent major, but it was the last one and the only one this year.

Reactions: Dattier
For Pitino, which was more embarrassing, cheating on his wife on a pizza parlor table or sweating through that white suit?
To me, the 15 seconds on a restaurant table with Karen Sypher is, by far, the worst Pitino screw up. I mean, how dumb was that?

If I were him, I would never show my face in public, but dude is so high on himself that he justified it in his mind somehow.

Glad he did that during his Louisville stint and not while he was at KY.

IIRC Bruce Pearl's ex wife has a hair salon named "Alimony's".

Not his wife.

9641942778b87d176e4a1f1707b82f0f_brucepealhotties.jpg

Reactions: tw3301
Pitino was on the freshmen team when Julius Erving was a Senior. Couldn't find a pic of the two of them together, so I'll settle for this one (Pitino is #22):

RG141-0008975.png

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT