ADVERTISEMENT

More likely 3 peat next year?

mcnicKY91

Aug 6, 2021
Thought this would be an interesting topic...what do y'all think is more likely for the 2024-25 season:

Chiefs 3 peat, or UConn 3 peat?!

NFL and college basketball, in my unprofessional opinion, are the two hardest sports to repeat in, let alone 3 peat in.

There are so many injuries that can derail a team's season in the NFL, while in college basketball, the one and done nature of the tournament makes it extremely difficult to repeat.

Both UConn and KC are in a position to 3 peat...I would lean toward KC, because as long as Mahomes stays healthy, he is just an absolute machine in January.

Both UConn and KC are in a position to 3 peat...I would lean toward KC, because as long as Mahomes stays healthy, he is just an absolute machine in January.

Probably my thinking as well. This last season was supposed to be the time to get them, and Buffalo and Baltimore just gagged on the chance. Same with Frisco. You all had your best shot and he STILL beat you lol. I think our team will still be really good this season and has a chance to do some damage in the tournament. But I like Mahomes chances better.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
Chiefs by a mile. This is the best roster Mahomes has ever had.
I haven't kept up to date with any roster changes the Chiefs have made thus far in the off-season.

Their first Super Bowl team (2019) was pretty loaded as well. Not sure how this upcoming season compares...

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I haven't kept up to date with any roster changes the Chiefs have made thus far in the off-season.

Their first Super Bowl team (2019) was pretty loaded as well. Not sure how this upcoming season compares...

I don't know if the offense will be quite as good as 2019, but the defense should be far better. I think this will be Mahomes' most balanced team.

They kept everyone that mattered except Sneed, and they're pretty deep at his position. Added Hollywood Brown and then drafted Xavier Worthy in the 1st round (fastest 40 time ever). Also signed a really good punter and Carson Wentz to back up Mahomes.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
Kansas City Chiefs. Easily.

Patrick Mahomes has been the starting quaterback for 6 years. The Chiefs have made the AFC Championship Game all 6 years.

It's a lot easier for KC to go the AFC Title Game than it is for UConn to advance to the Final Four, especially given such a high roster turnover for UConn.

Also, look at the follow-up years for UConn's prior 4 national titles. The year following their other titles, they failed to make the Sweet 16 each time.

1999: National Champs
2000: Lost in 2nd Round

2004: National Champs
2005: Lost in 2nd Round

2011: National Champs
2012: Lost in Round of 64

2014: National Champs
2015: Missed NCAA Tournament

Patrick Mahomes has been the starting quaterback for 6 years. The Chiefs have made the AFC Championship Game all 6 years.

It's a lot easier for KC to go the AFC Title Game than it is for UConn to advance to the Final Four, especially given such a high roster turnover for UConn.

Also, look at the follow-up years for UConn's prior 4 national titles. The year following their other titles, they failed to make the Sweet 16 each time.

While I agree that I would give the nod to KC, I wouldn't necessarily say easily.

It is darn hard to repeat in the NFL, as only the Chiefs and Pats have done it in the past 30 years. There are just way too many injuries that occur each and every yr in the NFL, derailing team's seasons. Sucks to be honest.

While I agree that I would give the nod to KC, I wouldn't necessarily say easily.

It is darn hard to repeat in the NFL, as only the Chiefs and Pats have done it in the past 30 years. There are just way too many injuries that occur each and every yr in the NFL, derailing team's seasons. Sucks to be honest.

Generally, I think it's way easier to repeat in the NFL than CBB. CBB champs usually lose most of their top players (like UConn is), and they have to win twice as many games. UConn made it look easy this year, but we know it's far from it.

Losing even 1-2 players in basketball can be a killer, but it generally isn't in football unless it's the QB. Two yrs ago, KC traded Tyreek Hill and played a bunch of rookies on defense and got better as a team.

Whether it's their strength/conditioning program or whatever it is, the Chiefs just don't have a lot of injuries. Rival fans are always bitching about KC's luck w/ injuries.

But the biggest thing is that KC has a better roster than either of the last two seasons, while UConn's roster looks to be a fairly big step down from the last two years.

Let's assume KC doesn't get the 1 seed in the playoffs. They'd have to win 4 games to win the Super Bowl. If UConn advances to the Sweet 16, they'd have to win 4 games.

What's more likely to happen - Kansas City making the playoffs, or UConn making the Sweet 16? That's where it gets to be an easy choice for me.

And here's one more stat that makes it an easy choice. Only 32 Teams can qualify for the Super Bowl. 60 different schools have played in the NCAA Title Game... The number of teams that are capable of a Final Four run each year likely exceeds the number of teams even in the NFL.

Kinda off topic. Hope my Panthers don't repeat on last years performance since I renewed my PSL.

The Chiefs got it going on so they have the best chance to repeat. The college basketball landscape with the portal and NIL is way more volatile than the NFL. In CBB you can build a team in a matter of weeks, the NFL takes a few years.

Last edited:
Chiefs 3-Peat is basically a lock unless injuries hit them hard, UConn hasn’t even reloaded their rosters yet from portal so any discussions about their title odds is kinda pointless until then.

I don't follow the sport of hand-egg so I'll go with UConn.
29bZnzi.gif

The Detroit Lions will be winning the Superbowl this year so the answer is UConn.

• Love
Reactions: Sparty_57
The Detroit Lions will be winning the Superbowl this year so the answer is UConn.

I will forever root against the Detroit Lions as punishment for how royally the fvked up having Barry Sanders for 10 years. I say this as Barry's biggest fan and someone who followed him to Detroit and watched every game he ever played there.

F that shit bag franchise for squandering the greatest running back the game has ever seen. They don't deserve success.

I will forever root against the Detroit Lions as punishment for how royally the fvked up having Barry Sanders for 10 years. I say this as Barry's biggest fan and someone who followed him to Detroit and watched every game he ever played there.

F that shit bag franchise for squandering the greatest running back the game has ever seen. They don't deserve success.
Barry > Emmitt.

Reactions: Sparty_57

So you're going with Uconn then? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: WeAreDePaul

So Barry's biggest fan doesn't follow football?

Shit, Barry's not as popular as I thought...

Yep. Chiefs could have home field advantage to get to the Super Bowl too.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yep. Chiefs could have home field advantage to get to the Super Bowl too.

People that pick UConn are the same ones who buy lottery tickets because, "somebody has to win it!"

They've got "a good feeling" about it... Which, I suppose, justifies wildly unlikely odds.

People that pick UConn are the same ones who buy lottery tickets because, "somebody has to win it!"

They've got "a good feeling" about it... Which, I suppose, justifies wildly unlikely odds.

I think the logic goes something like this:

“UConn’s going to win every title until the end of time!”

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
cement shoes McNeeley, aiden mahoney and tarris reed, lmao Chiefs by a mile

Fvck off.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT