ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan rematches with North Carolina and Villanova

hailtoyourvictor

Dec 11, 2012
Double digit losses to both teams last year. Michigan is pretty similar to last year talent wise. How will UNC and Villanova be? Those are two big OOC games for us because there might not be a lot of big wins available in conference. I'd be content going 1-1.

I will be interested to see how good all 3 teams will be. Little and White were great additions for UNC, but it's not easy to replace the experience and production of Berry and Pinson. Still, I don't think UNC drops off too much, if at all. Nova lost 61 pts, 21 boards, and 11 assists a game in production along with loads of experience. They replace those departures with some really talented frosh and Cremo, but I don't see them being nearly as good as they have been the past 3 years. Michigan lost some talent, but more importantly a shit ton of experience. Got some solid recruits coming in, but nothing earth shattering. I see them taking a couple steps back this season.

I will be interested to see how good all 3 teams will be. Little and White were great additions for UNC, but it's not easy to replace the experience and production of Berry and Pinson. Still, I don't think UNC drops off too much, if at all. Nova lost 61 pts, 21 boards, and 11 assists a game in production along with loads of experience. They replace those departures with some really talented frosh and Cremo, but I don't see them being nearly as good as they have been the past 3 years. Michigan lost some talent, but more importantly a shit ton of experience. Got some solid recruits coming in, but nothing earth shattering. I see them taking a couple steps back this season.
This OOC schedule should be better than recent memory. More and more programs are playing each other. Isn't Nova playing KU @ KU?

On Michigan’s end, I think we will be about the same. Lost a lot of offense but bring back our top 3 defenders from a top 5 defensive team. Weird to think that a Beilein team could be anchored by defense, again.

love my UNC TAR HEELS.

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

On Michigan’s end, I think we will be about the same. Lost a lot of offense but bring back our top 3 defenders from a top 5 defensive team. Weird to think that a Beilein team could be anchored by defense, again.
That's true, especially with Matthews.....beast on D.

If UNC finds a high level answer at PG they will be really good. I am hoping Coby White by conference time has taken over.

If UNC finds a high level answer at PG they will be really good. I am hoping Coby White by conference time has taken over.

Yeah, it is all about a PG. The bigs won't be spectacular but will be fine. A small lineup could be pretty lethal offensively. Still, every depends on who plays point and how well they play it. They sort of lost two PGs in Berry and Pinson and don't have anyone proven to take the place of either in terms of what they did.

Yeah, it is all about a PG. The bigs won't be spectacular but will be fine. A small lineup could be pretty lethal offensively. Still, every depends on who plays point and how well they play it. They sort of lost two PGs in Berry and Pinson and don't have anyone proven to take the place of either in terms of what they did.
Yea I think you will be able to get 40 good minutes a game at the 5 from Manley , Brooks , and Huffman combined. I would actually run Little as backup to Maye more than Brooks at the 4 personally. Let Little get 10-12 MPG at 4 and another 15-18 MPG at the wing spot. If you had to be a betting man..... Who do you think is the PG ultimately?

The current Nova team just scrimmaged an Alumni team a few days ago and won. It was extremely competitive and guys were really going at each other. The alumni team had Divencenzo, Josh hart, Daniel Ochefu, Darrun Hilliard and some others.

Everyone is sleeping on Nova, as usual.

Reactions: wildbrew
The current Nova team just scrimmaged an Alumni team a few days ago and won. It was extremely competitive and guys were really going at each other. The alumni team had Divencenzo, Josh hart, Daniel Ochefu, Darrun Hilliard and some others.

Everyone is sleeping on Nova, as usual.

Imo Nova is being slept on. But you can't take anything of note away from the current vs alumni scrimmages. I've seen current KU players beat current NBA players in those scrimmages before. The alumni players play that game will little intent.

Yea I think you will be able to get 40 good minutes a game at the 5 from Manley , Brooks , and Huffman combined. I would actually run Little as backup to Maye more than Brooks at the 4 personally. Let Little get 10-12 MPG at 4 and another 15-18 MPG at the wing spot. If you had to be a betting man..... Who do you think is the PG ultimately?

Coby. Think he wins the job easily at some point during the year. I just don’t think Woods will ever be healthy again.

Coby. Think he wins the job easily at some point during the year. I just don’t think Woods will ever be healthy again.
Agreed. Damn shame Jalek was an F’ing idiot. He could’ve ran the team this year.

I am just hoping Seventh can be Nate Britt at this point. If he can be that caliber of player I am happy. Even Quentin Thomas became a solid backup PG by the time he was Jr/Sr.

Double digit losses to both teams last year. Michigan is pretty similar to last year talent wise. How will UNC and Villanova be? Those are two big OOC games for us because there might not be a lot of big wins available in conference. I'd be content going 1-1.
0-2

ADVERTISEMENT