ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Avenetti naming names...

You guys completely ignore the fact that I never questioned whether it was true or not. I even said I believe they asked for demands. But one person saying to another person what a different person said is not proof. It is hearsay.

If you were on the OJ jury, would you have voted Not Guilty?

I guess we're all just supposed to throw our hands up in the air and give our favorite programs the finger because some dude on a message board says everyone is cheating.

Why in the hell would I say UK is paying players or is working with Nike to pay players when I have no proof of any of that?

One thing I do know is the compliance department at UK us headed up by a former NCAA compliance department employee that knows her shit and is extremely aggressive. Nobody gets a scholarship offer from UK without her clearing the kid first.

But I'm supposed to forget all that and call Cal and UK cheaters because some schmuck on a message board hates that his program is in the crosshairs and he just knows that everyone is cheating.

GTFOH with that crap. If something comes out about UK and there is legit proof that it happened, that's different, but until then, you can go get bent for all I care.

He says he’s got evidence that make it clear as day. I assume, at some point, he’s going to show some of that evidence

I guess we're all just supposed to throw our hands up in the air and give our favorite programs the finger because some dude on a message board says everyone is cheating.

Why in the hell would I say UK is paying players or is working with Nike to pay players when I have no proof of any of that?

One thing I do know is the compliance department at UK us headed up by a former NCAA compliance department employee that knows her shit and is extremely aggressive. Nobody gets a scholarship offer from UK without her clearing the kid first.

But I'm supposed to forget all that and call Cal and UK cheaters because some schmuck on a message board hates that his program is in the crosshairs and he just knows that everyone is cheating.

GTFOH with that crap. If something comes out about UK and there is legit proof that it happened, that's different, but until then, you can go get bent for all I care.

Well, we have Gassnola's texts pointing the finger at Kentucky and Nike, and we know that UK players have taken money from agents.

We also know that previous coaches have cheated, and another previous coach cheated his ass off at Louisville.

And now you have a coach who reels in more talent than any of them could've dreamed of. You do the math. Or don't. I don't care.

To be fair, many of the people in this thread claiming their school is innocent also consider allegations and twisted information as proof when it came to UNC.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Congrats. Your school is one that just might be in the clear. Although the guy in the other thread went into detail about his friends at Nebraska, Missouri and K-State under Woolridge who took dough. So...maybe not?

My school is definitely not in the clear. We tried to pay all sorts of players, but they ended up taking less money go elsewhere.

My other school is LSU and we all know how guilty they are.

I wasn't directing that response at you, just at anyone in general who rips another school for cheating now that it's obvious that literally everyone is doing it.

Reactions: kl40504
To be fair, many of the people in this thread claiming their school is innocent also consider allegations and twisted information as proof when it came to UNC.
Actually I consider actual emails between parties as facts.

And Bill Self.

But hey...consistency is overrated. And no, I'm not saying that Self is innocent. I'm saying that Zion's family wanted compensation.

Last edited:
My school is definitely not in the clear. We tried to pay all sorts of players, but they ended up taking less money go elsewhere.

My other school is LSU and we all know how guilty they are.

I wasn't directing that response at you, just at anyone in general who rips another school for cheating now that it's obvious that literally everyone is doing it.

It's apparently not obvious to the majority of this board. They're holding onto hope til the bitter end. You'd think that someone were denying the existence of their God.

Does no one here have any connections? I have zero connections to the college basketball world, and even I know a former AAU coach who was very open about how this works and how prevalent it is. Every little anecdote or piece of evidence is just further confirmation of the obvious.

Well, we have Gassnola's texts pointing the finger at Kentucky and Nike, and we know that UK players have taken money from agents.

We also know that previous coaches have cheated, and another previous coach cheated his ass off at Louisville.

And now you have a coach who reels in more talent than any of them could've dreamed of. You do the math. Or don't. I don't care.
Gotta link to the bolded parts? Sounds like you're exaggerating things that were said again. Eyeroll.

Also, I don't care what Pitino did at Louisville, what does that have to do with Kentucky?

I don't expect you to provide links, because this here is how you are, make accusations based on rumors. Sad thing is, you think internet rumors are legit sources of information. That's how pathetic you are.

Links or STFU

Good god dude. Just give it up. You are resorting to ridiculous comparisons that make zero sense.
This was the idiot* Duke/UK crowd about the Carolina exoneration, fwiw. And it also was pathetic.

*not all Duke and UK fans are idiots, in fact most aren't, but the ones that are, oh boy...

This was the idiot* Duke/UK crowd about the Carolina exoneration, fwiw. And it also was pathetic.

*not all Duke and UK fans are idiots, in fact most aren't, but the ones that are, oh boy...
I mean. His comparison might be less ridiculous when referring to the unc deal. Not saying it is a good one or anything. But that is a discussion about whether you think someone is guilty of something or not. This dipshit thinks that because someone gets accused of something, that is proof.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I mean. His comparison might be less ridiculous when referring to the unc deal. Not saying it is a good one or anything. But that is a discussion about whether you think someone is guilty of something or not. This dipshit thinks that because someone gets accused of something, that is proof.
Point taken. My point is more, "What's next, a Hitler comparison?" People are dumb.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301

This was the point of the comparison:

No rational person could have thought OJ innocent without suspending common sense and/or incredible bias. Likewise, it requires incredible bias/suspension of common sense to think that the Williamson family made no demands. We don’t need hard evidence.

No rational person could have thought OJ innocent without suspending common sense and/or incredible bias. Likewise, it requires incredible bias/suspension of common sense to think that the Williamson family made no demands. We don’t need hard evidence.

No rational person thinks John Beilein has dirt on his hands. You aren’t the bastion of rational thought.

You're not improving at all here. This is not about your opinions on who is guilty or not guilty. You presented hearsay as proof. There is no proof that the Williamsons asked for demands. That doesn't mean they didn't, or that my common sense tells me that they likely did. It just means that the word of another party saying that they had a list of demands is not proof. You dense fool.

Reactions: sgrooms
I don’t know if there’s anyone innocent in this situation. I think pretty much anyone he steps on here is at least somewhat guilty.

Maybe I’m just jaded at this point. Is it time to bring back the “does your school cheat” poll?
That is where the twist come in. His victims think they are in league for some misdemeanor and the master mind has destruction of the world in mind.

Gotta link to the bolded parts? Sounds like you're exaggerating things that were said again. Eyeroll.

Also, I don't care what Pitino did at Louisville, what does that have to do with Kentucky?

I don't expect you to provide links, because this here is how you are, make accusations based on rumors. Sad thing is, you think internet rumors are legit sources of information. That's how pathetic you are.

Links or STFU

I already provided the texts in a post yesterday, but it shouldn’t be necessary, considering that everybody has read them. If you’re the only one who hasn’t, you can probably figure it out.

I love how you run and hide from anything that might burst your little fantasy bubble. Still haven’t gotten your take on the YouTube interview w/ the former AAU coach. Of course you ran and hid from Turinturumbar‘s post in the Self thread. Likewise, you have nothing to say about WeareDepaul’s post in this thread.

Hey, I get it. Some people are weak and need to bury their heads and live in lala land to avoid reality. Even when it only concerns a sporting event.

I just want the ncaa to treat programs equally. Skal was investigated for the better part of a year over heresay. And there was even less reason to believe the people saying it(jilted Memphis scout).

That shouldn’t have happened. But if you’re going to do that to one kid you gotta do it to all of them.

Idk. Maybe the fact they just kind of brushed the Zion stuff off will be a turning point and they’ll stop wasting resources investigating every 18 year old that got an extra slice of cheese on their quarter pounder. I doubt it though.

I already provided the texts in a post yesterday, but it shouldn’t be necessary, considering that everybody has read them. If you’re the only one who hasn’t, you can probably figure it out.

I love how you run and hide from anything that might burst your little fantasy bubble. Still haven’t gotten your take on the YouTube interview w/ the former AAU coach. Of course you ran and hid from Turinturumbar‘s post in the Self thread. Likewise, you have nothing to say about WeareDepaul’s post in this thread.

Hey, I get it. Some people are weak and need to bury their heads and live in lala land to avoid reality. Even when it only concerns a sporting event.
You are the weak one. Get used to seeing Kansas in the news and it will not be good news.

Are you talking about yourself?

Everyone knows UNC cheated for 20 years. It is the Carolina Way.

Keep hoping and praying.
Again, heresay isn't proof.
Something tells me you're going to be very disappointed when this is all said and done.

ADVERTISEMENT