ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Avenetti naming names...

I mean...best case scenario for the top Nike schools is that K, Calipari and Roy don't personally get involved. But does it really matter? Is looking the other way and continuing to recruit the same types of players any better?
Just from a lurker's aspect. I always love when Calipari and/or UK gets brought up.

Using Duke as an example here. A player who went to Duke can be paid and not by Duke. Or even to the knowledge of Duke. So the argument that some programs have to pay, but Duke doesn't, is not the smartest way of looking at it.

Whether or not the programs are involved directly, aware and turn a blind eye or not aware at all is all speculation at this point.
You're so great at putting my feelings into words. Thanks for that.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
This confuses me because I am not even good at putting my own feelings into words.
giphy.gif

When posters make unproven allegations against a program, what should the response be?

Please enlighten us oh message board expert.

There's proof that Zion's family had a list of demands, both cash and occupational.

Do ya need a briefcase full of benjamins to hit you in the face to put two and two together?

There's proof that Zion's family had a list of demands, both cash and occupational.

Do ya need a briefcase full of benjamins to hit you in the face to put two and two together?
But not presented to Duke to anyone's knowledge. I would also like to hear the tape of Zion's family making the demands. If yes, and they couldn't wait 9 months to collect on his successes, shame on them.

As I always say, since as a Duke fan I have been hearing of Duke's supposed cheating from AFAM U fans for years, show me some proof and I will be the first one to criticize and say they should be punished.

Until then, nothing but speculation.

This again? Refresh my memory. Because third party hearsay is not proof. And I don't doubt that there is at least some truth if it is not all true. But he saying that they are saying to someone else is not proof.

Gassnola was asked a leading question and he said he could call Cal because he had his number. If the guy had something on UK and Cal... he would of said so right then. Gassnola isnt helping UK or Cal... thats obvious... he made it well known that Kansas is where he was getting recruits for.

Using Duke as an example here. A player who went to Duke can be paid and not by Duke. Or even to the knowledge of Duke. So the argument that some programs have to pay, but Duke doesn't, is not the smartest way of looking at it.

Whether or not the programs are involved directly, aware and turn a blind eye or not aware at all is all speculation at this point.

I think for the most part programs are not involved tbh. Why does a shoe company need to involve them? They can go directly to the handlers and parents, and maybe even players, and deal with them.

Hey...couldn't agree more!
Point. Just because Kansas is dirty doesn't mean others are. I don't recall Duke having to sit anyone out due to recruiting concerns like Kansas the last few years.

You sound like an AFAM U fan. Well, we are dirty, so you must be as well.

Sorry, doesn't work like that.

I think for the most part programs are not involved tbh. Why does a shoe company need to involve them? They can go directly to the handlers and parents, and maybe even players, and deal with them.
I am on the same page. Especially when it comes to the top programs. And in most cases, I don't see why they would care which Nike school they go to.

Gassnola was asked a leading question and he said he could call Cal because he had his number. If the guy had something on UK and Cal... he would of said so right then. Gassnola isnt helping UK or Cal... thats obvious... he made it well known that Kansas is where he was getting recruits for.

Wait...what? He's an Adidas rep. Why would he be discussing specifics of other schools? There was absolutely no reason for him to go into any detail. The topic was De Sousa.

This. And in most cases, this is the way things probably go down. As a UK fan, with Cal's past rep, he'd be a fool to be directly involved with any of this shit.

This again? Refresh my memory. Because third party hearsay is not proof. And I don't doubt that there is at least some truth if it is not all true. But he saying that they are saying to someone else is not proof.

You're seriously going to dismiss this and ask for more "proof" of their demands? This is exactly what I'm talking about.

The discussion turned to KU’s recruitment of Williamson, a top-five national recruit out of South Carolina. Mark Moore, one of the attorneys for Code, read a transcript of the call.

Townsend: “Hey, but between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know? And I said, ‘Well, we’ll talk about that, you decide.’ ”

Code: “I know what he’s asking for. He’s asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he’s asking for cash in the pocket and he’s asking for housing for him and his family.”

Townsend: “I’ve got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that’s what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we’re going to have to do it some way.”

You're seriously going to dismiss this and ask for more "proof" of their demands? This is exactly what I'm talking about.

The discussion turned to KU’s recruitment of Williamson, a top-five national recruit out of South Carolina. Mark Moore, one of the attorneys for Code, read a transcript of the call.

Townsend: “Hey, but between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know? And I said, ‘Well, we’ll talk about that, you decide.’ ”

Code: “I know what he’s asking for. He’s asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he’s asking for cash in the pocket and he’s asking for housing for him and his family.”

Townsend: “I’ve got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that’s what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we’re going to have to do it some way.”
In regards to Duke, yes. Sorry, you have nothing that brings Duke into the question. The other thing is that it wasn't even down to Duke and Kansas. Clemson or USC were the other schools under consideration.

I was being recruited by two Big 4 firms out of grad school. I had a clear #1 choice and received an offer from them. I used that offer and told my #2 choice that I'd go with them for a 30% higher offer. They came back with 15% and I declined. Went with my #1 choice. Just because I made that demand to my #2 choice doesn't mean my #1 also received the same demand. I was willing to accept less to go to my #1 choice. I just wanted to be compensated if I was going to accept a lesser choice.

Do you not understand the difference between proof and hearsay? I already acknowledged that I believe that there were some demands.

I was being recruited by two Big 4 firms out of grad school. I had a clear #1 choice and received an offer from them. I used that offer and told my #2 choice that I'd go with them for a 30% higher offer. They came back with 15% and I declined. Went with my #1 choice. Just because I made that demand to my #2 choice doesn't mean my #1 also received the same demand. I was willing to accept less to go to my #1 choice. I just wanted to be compensated if I was going to accept a lesser choice.
They don't understand logic and/or business.

Do you not understand the difference between proof and hearsay? I already acknowledged that I believe that there were some demands.

Hearsay = rumor.

A transcript of a taped conversation involving a coach who had been personally recruiting Zion (in which he says "he asked about stuff") is not rumor.

So instead of cash, a house, and a job, they settled for cash?

So instead of cash, a house, and a job, they settled for cash?
They decided passing up Duke wasn't worth it for KU.

People turn down full rides at state schools all the time, even solid ones, for the top Ivies like Harvard and Princeton.

Zion didn't want to turn down a chance to play for the GOAT.

Hearsay = rumor.

A transcript of a taped conversation involving a coach who had been personally recruiting Zion (in which he says "he asked about stuff") is not rumor.
There is no proof that the Williamsons asked for those demands. Only the word of someone who said they did. You are one dense fool.

Point. Just because Kansas is dirty doesn't mean others are. I don't recall Duke having to sit anyone out due to recruiting concerns like Kansas the last few years.

You sound like an AFAM U fan. Well, we are dirty, so you must be as well.

Sorry, doesn't work like that.

You love bringing up UNC in every discussion you have, what a loser!!!! Laughing

Wait...what? He's an Adidas rep. Why would he be discussing specifics of other schools? There was absolutely no reason for him to go into any detail. The topic was De Sousa.

You said it yourself an ADIDAS rep. he's not going to help UK, Cal and Nike.

There is no proof that the Williamsons asked for those demands. Only the word of someone who said they did. You are one dense fool.

Why would that person be lying to the KU assistant coach on a wire tap when they didnt know they were being recorded?

Im very thankful this stuff didnt come out 5 years ago because I'm sure Wall , Cousins and Davis all got money from Nike too...

I wish the NCAA death penalty on any program with fans who bury their heads and say "Any proof?!?"

Agreed. And I wish the same death penalty for any programs caught up in this who has fans who have blasted other programs for cheating in the past year.

You're right. Townsend and Code probably made it all up. Brilliant.

Let me guess...you were in favor of OJ's acquittal?

Reactions: FFWhite
Why would that person be lying to the KU assistant coach on a wire tap when they didnt know they were being recorded?

Im very thankful this stuff didnt come out 5 years ago because I'm sure Wall , Cousins and Davis all got money from Nike too...

And he's throwing the word "dense" around. Jesus.

So you're saying Zion asked for less stuff from Duke? Like a worse car? Or only one briefcase full of 100s?

You guys completely ignore the fact that I never questioned whether it was true or not. I even said I believe they asked for demands. But one person saying to another person what a different person said is not proof. It is hearsay.

Agreed. And I wish the same death penalty for any programs caught up in this who has fans who have blasted other programs for cheating in the past year.

Congrats. Your school is one that just might be in the clear. Although the guy in the other thread went into detail about his friends at Nebraska, Missouri and K-State under Woolridge who took dough. So...maybe not?

ADVERTISEMENT