ADVERTISEMENT

Maui/Kauai

Jean-Marie Josselin (Chef)

Owned several fabulous restaurants in Koloa Kauai . Anything he owns is great! (especially his tapas style restaurants.

Reactions: toonces11
Mamas Fish House on Maui. Get reservations early in your trip. You might want to go again before you leave. Duke’s is also really good. I love their macadamia encrusted ahi.

On Kaui make sure you get to a Lappert’s Ice Cream stand. Macadamia coconut is unmatched.

Wish I could help. Unfortunately I am only southern Caribbean rich.
Originally was booked for Tortola and Virgin Gorda---and then the house I rental 3bd/3 bath pool ....said they didnt see I was traveling with my two young boys (4 and 6). Tried to tell me they add $50 per kid per day to the bill. I told them to go fu** themselves out of principle. Its hard to beat the caribbean and we will be back down there in the 3rd quarter.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Originally was booked for Tortola and Virgin Gorda---and then the house I rental 3bd/3 bath pool ....said they didnt see I was traveling with my two young boys (4 and 6). Tried to tell me they add $50 per kid per day to the bill. I told them to go fu** themselves out of principle. Its hard to beat the caribbean and we will be back down there in the 3rd quarter.
I have only been to Tortola while on a cruise. So only had a few hours there. It seems really nice. But didn't get to see much of the island except for on the way to the beach. Had some good jerk chicken there. If you're okay with eating food cooked by strangers at the beach.

We stayed in the north side of the Kauai right across from Tunnels Beach for part of ours. The northern trailhead is pretty cool to see, can go as far as your body and experience will allow but at least 30-40min in there's some good spots for pictures of the north side cliffs on the island. Tubing through the old sugar field irrigation. Helicopter ride is a must. Kauai Ono near Princeville is a pretty cool farm to table outdoor dining experience. If you go to the north side past Hanalei and it starts to rain, go back if you're staying on the other side. Once the water reaches a certain point on the bridge to Hanalei they close it. We had flash floods on our trip and basically got stuck there for a few days and no electricity. There's worst places to get stuck but still be warned. Drive and sight see, get out and explore. I could almost do 7-10 days at each island to experience it all.

ADVERTISEMENT