ADVERTISEMENT

Maui Invitational offical countdown.

Honestly don't have a read on this game. Just know that Duke is expected to win. How good is Gonzaga, really?

They struggle with ball control and perimeter shooting. They have multiple playmakers, but they do get sloppy and times. Just need to disrupt their flow as much as possible. I think Hachimura has an excellent shot at being 1st Team All-American. He's a big-time talent with an excellent mid-range game and he can certainly finish with the best of them around the basket.

Their inside game is solid. I think we'd be best if we force them with perimeter shots as Perkins and Norvell have the tendency to be streaky. I think they're still a top 10 team right now, but they may not be deserving of the #3 ranking without Tillie. Gonzaga seems to have a lull of 4-5 minutes where they seemingly forget how to play basketball. If Duke can get out during transition during one of those lulls, I think we could win this by 15+.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Honestly don't have a read on this game. Just know that Duke is expected to win. How good is Gonzaga, really?

Gonzaga looked like two different teams last night. They won’t be able to come back on duke if they start the game tonight like they did last night. I think duke will get a lead and hold on like normal. Think Gonzaga will learn not to go at bolden as much as auburn did as well

They struggle with ball control and perimeter shooting. They have multiple playmakers, but they do get sloppy and times. Just need to disrupt their flow as much as possible. I think Hachimura has an excellent shot at being 1st Team All-American. He's a big-time talent with an excellent mid-range game and he can certainly finish with the best of them around the basket.

Their inside game is solid. I think we'd be best if we force them with perimeter shots as Perkins and Norvell have the tendency to be streaky. I think they're still a top 10 team right now, but they may not be deserving of the #3 ranking without Tillie. Gonzaga seems to have a lull of 4-5 minutes where they seemingly forget how to play basketball. If Duke can get out during transition during one of those lulls, I think we could win this by 15+.
Kind of excited about it being a 5 o'clock game. Getting off work early and looking forward to having a night out ahead of a 4 day weekend. Hopefully the game doesn't stress me out much. Haha.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Kind of excited about it being a 5 o'clock game. Getting off work early and looking forward to having a night out ahead of a 4 day weekend. Hopefully the game doesn't stress me out much. Haha.

I always like it when Duke plays earlier because I get too antsy watching all of the other games on DVR... and I usually fast-forward to the final 4-5 minutes. Because I ain't got time/patience to watch an early game all the way through when Duke is playing a late one.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Bolden is going to be why duke wins it all this year.

He's much more confident and instinctive when playing this year. Looks like a different player altogether. Hope he keeps the intensity up, because he will certainly be huge for national title aspirations.

Gonzaga looked bad in the first half, didn't see the second half but apparently they were polar opposite. Should be a good game.

Good tournament and good start for Auburn overall. Quality wins over Washington, Xavier and Arizona and a competitive loss to Duke .
Ill take that all day

Definitely enjoyed the tourney and know we can gain a lot from that. Maui will be extremely helpful for us down the road, especially once Purifoy and Wiley get settled in more.

Still have nonconference games vs NC State, Dayton, Murray St, UAB etc coming up...

Definitely our best nonconference slate in years with Washington, Xavier, Duke, Arizona etc with those mentioned above.

So thankful basketball is fun again...

Happy thanksgiving, bud. Hope you’re having a good one. WDE.

Zags still have UW, Creighton, Tennessee and UNC. If Zags can come away with only one loss from these games, then they will be a lock for a number 1 seed. Idk if they can do it, especially without Tillie.

Reactions: olsonab
Definitely enjoyed the tourney and know we can gain a lot from that. Maui will be extremely helpful for us down the road, especially once Purifoy and Wiley get settled in more.

Still have nonconference games vs NC State, Dayton, Murray St, UAB etc coming up...

Definitely our best nonconference slate in years with Washington, Xavier, Duke, Arizona etc with those mentioned above.

So thankful basketball is fun again...

Happy thanksgiving, bud. Hope you’re having a good one. WDE.
Happy Thanksgiving .
War Eagle!

Reactions: olsonab
ADVERTISEMENT