ADVERTISEMENT

*****Maui Invitational Championship: Duke 87 Vs. Gonzaga 89 - Final*****

Man, Gonzaga tried to give that one away at the end.

Awesome game though, could easily see a final four rematch.

Reactions: rockycard
Barrett played me ball the last 2 minutes.

When he spun and got blocked by Rui he had the wide open lay in for the big man.

5dimes has duke undefeated odds. Was -2100. If I had a big wad of money laying around I would’ve gotten on that.

I was pulling for Duke, but Gonzaga deserved that win so I'm happy they got it. Plus, this gives Coach Krzyzewski the green light to raise holy hell on his players next practice.

Barrett should of gave it up the zags we’re begging to give duke the game. 3 times 3 blocks, unacceptable

Great game! Zags tried to give it away with missed free throws but they earned this one.

Best part is that their second best player didn’t even play. Imagine when the Zags get to start Clark, Hachimura, and Tillie at the same time. They are going to be really really good.

That's on K! I would have put the ball in Trey Jones hands in a PNR situation

Yep I would've done the same. Jones is and has been Duke's primary facilitator so far and for him to not put Duke in the best possible position to tie or win, K stuck with Barrett.

Might be the worst play calling I have ever witnessed as a Duke fan. Barrett shit the bed over and over, yet he gets the last 3 plays of the game. Time to stop showcasing players and call plays that will win the game.

Congrats to Gonzaga. Totally outclassed Duke today. Very impressed by them. Honestly, it is a moral victory for me. And as a Duke fan, you are never supposed to celebrate moral victories. But I think this game is exactly what this team needed.

I think this game should make everyone a little more optimistic.
Duke and non-Duke fans tbh.

Zags need to practice FT or this isn't even real close in the end. Duke is so good you just can't give a team like that chances like they did and were fortunate. Would have gone for the 3 at the end and the win.

That was a hell of a comeback by Duke. I thought Gonzaga was gonna pull a Memphis-KU. I think Barrett got blocked about 14 times in the last 40 seconds or so though.

Lol ok Tripoda. Hows Big ZIMM doing in the G League?
Price of rice? You're thinking Duke this Duke that...experience will Trump talents. Mark Few aint no slouch. That Japanese kid...does he remind you UK fans of somebody?

Price of rice? You're thinking Duke this Duke that...experience will Trump talents. Mark Few aint no slouch. That Japanese kid...does he remind you UK fans of somebody?

I think the reason I like you so much is you remind me of Giligan.

What I don’t get is why K didn’t give the ball to Zion and let him get to the hole at the end of the game when it was a 1 point game. Could be the worst play calling I’ve ever seen out of coach K. Barrett looked the part of a freshman most of the night which should be expected becaue that’s exactly what he is but he’ll be fine. End of the game I’m giving it to Zion and sending him to the hole but then again I’m not a HOF coach! Duke will be fine.

And at the same time while Duke was losing, Kentucky fans was so happy they were trying to mount their first cousins and siblings or whatever sit nearby...

Not worried at all. Team is really good. You are gonna lose games during the year; losing one as a team with such prominent freshmen against a veteran team far from home in the third game in three days by two after being down by a lot the whole way, easing some of the ridiculous hype and making the new guys realize that you can lose, all while creating the motivation of not losing a “championship” again… eh, I’m fine with it. Enjoy Thanksgiving, folks!:)

Not worried at all. Team is really good. You are gonna lose games during the year; losing one as a team with such prominent freshmen against a veteran team far from home in the third game in three days by two after being down by a lot the whole way, easing some of the ridiculous hype and making the new guys realize that you can lose, all while creating the motivation of not losing a “championship” again… eh, I’m fine with it. Enjoy Thanksgiving, folks!:)
You aren't allowed to use such legitimate excuses! As the UK fans know, there is no counter to the question, "how can you lose with all that talent?!" I guess K just can't coach. :D

Reactions: Blue_White_KY
ADVERTISEMENT