ADVERTISEMENT

*****Maui Invitational Championship: Duke 87 Vs. Gonzaga 89 - Final*****

Not worried at all. Team is really good. You are gonna lose games during the year; losing one as a team with such prominent freshmen against a veteran team far from home in the third game in three days by two after being down by a lot the whole way, easing some of the ridiculous hype and making the new guys realize that you can lose, all while creating the motivation of not losing a “championship” again… eh, I’m fine with it. Enjoy Thanksgiving, folks!:)
Your team bunched up. Spacing was an issue on the last minutes which did not allow for any creativity. K is too smart, it will be fixed...

A UNC friend of mine posted this on Facebook. Made me laugh.
sis.jpg

72% shooting in the first half doesn't happen often. Congrats to Gonzaga they played out of their minds tonight. Hopefully that doesn't happen often this year.

I'm really not, just saying...

As far as the game went, Gonzaga was lights out... Still won by 2. Still feeling good about this team.
Indeed, Duke's comeback was impressive, especially against a Mark Few coached team with so much experience.

Reactions: tw3301
So I guess Gonzaga can beat the Cleveland Cavaliers too huh?

Anyways, I just got done watching this Classic on my DVR. Man what a game, What a freaking Game!!!

And I know Coach K loves this loss. He's gonna be on their butts now.

Reactions: tw3301
So I guess Gonzaga can beat the Cleveland Cavaliers too huh?

Anyways, I just got done watching this Classic on my DVR. Man what a game, What a freaking Game!!!

And I know Coach K loves this loss. He's gonna be on their butts now.

Love when people make the remark like "this college team could beat an NBA team". The college team they are talking about has 3-4 elite college players who are 19-23 years old. The worst NBA team has 12 elite college basketball players who are 20-30+ years old. It wouldn't be a match if the NBA team cared.

Love when people make the remark like "this college team could beat an NBA team". The college team they are talking about has 3-4 elite college players who are 19-23 years old. The worst NBA team has 12 elite college basketball players who are 20-30+ years old. It wouldn't be a match if the NBA team cared.

You must have missed Jay Will the other day. The Sparty fan you quoted was clearly making fun of his comments.

I agree with you on every point. That's why I don't understand how a seasoned guy like Jay Williams could utter such garbage that he spouted out the other day. I lost so much respect for him, the "Get Up" show, and ESPN. It's a joke of an argument only an uninformed spectator would make and for them to make such an argument in a serious tone really turned me off. 3/4's of Duke's squad aren't even NBA prospects. Doesn't Jay Williams know this??? I thought he played college Basketball once upon a time?

You must have missed Jay Will the other day. The Sparty fan you quoted was clearly making fun of his comments.

I was agreeing with his post and adding to the absurdity to even the notion a college team can beat an NBA team. When I said "they" I wasn't including the post I quoted. I knew he was joking.

Reactions: RR30 and jhmossy
While others argue over things like how x college team would be against y pro team, I'm too busy trying to figure out the logistics of such a game in the first place. Do they use international rules with the funny looking free throw lane? Y'know, stuff like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: RR30 and jhmossy
Congrats to the Zags you played a great game and deserved the win.Hope to play you again

Thanks man, glad to be back. My "Post Reply" button quit working IT fixed it
Hope things are getting back to normal for all you storm victims
Sheetrock and insulation got delivered yesterday. So there is progress. Contractor says we could be in by the middle of January. So there is light at the end of the tunnel. They said on the news that there are still over 3,000 residents in Wilmington staying in hotels and even more that have had to rent apartments. Sad part is, that's just Wilmington. Lot of other places got hit hard.

ADVERTISEMENT