ADVERTISEMENT

LSU is turning into a beautiful mess

Whatever helps the fans of cheating programs sleep better at night. Talking about a fantasy land when only one of our arguments is based on 100% conjecture.
Everyone who brings in 4 and 5 star recruits pays. It’s the same way in football. So yes, UK pays basketball players. So does FSU, or anybody else who is trying to compete at a high level. You can keep living in your imaginary lollipop and rainbow land.

THIS is the epitome of wishful thinking. UK lives under the microscope. Not one blip on the NCAA radar since Cal became coach. Wade, however.... much different story.
It’s literally like I’m arguing with children or flat-earthers.

Everyone who brings in 4 and 5 star recruits pays. It’s the same way in football. So yes, UK pays basketball players. So does FSU, or anybody else who is trying to compete at a high level. You can keep living in your imaginary lollipop and rainbow land.
There is a big difference between kids taking money from agents or shoe companies and the coaches of a school being involved. If you argument is that every school that attracts high level talent has taken kids who have taken some sort of impermissible benefits I'd probably agree. If you think every coaching staff and/or school that lands those players is involved then I think your entire argument is a lazy generalization. Most schools actively try to keep those kinds of folks away from their players.

It’s literally like I’m arguing with children or flat-earthers.
I can easily prove the Earth is round with tangible evidence. Where is your evidence to back up your claim? TIA...

Prove it ...... 0 evidence that Cal and UK pay players. if we had paid players, K. Whitney wouldnt of quit the team last week.. he'd ride it out due to being paid.

Reactions: JC for 3

Does Whitley have to forfeit his cash?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
There is a big difference between kids taking money from agents or shoe companies and the coaches of a school being involved. If you argument is that every school that attracts high level talent has taken kids who have taken some sort of impermissible benefits I'd probably agree. If you think every coaching staff and/or school that lands those players is involved then I think your entire argument is a lazy generalization. Most schools actively try to keep those kinds of folks away from their players.

I can easily prove the Earth is round with tangible evidence. Where is your evidence to back up your claim? TIA...
It’s the worst kept secret in sports. Continue keeping your head in the sand. What do I care. If you would like to delve in, read the following:

https://www.bannersociety.com/2014/4/10/20703758/bag-man-paying-college-football-players

Last edited:
Prove it ...... 0 evidence that Cal and UK pay players. if we had paid players, K. Whitney wouldnt of quit the team last week.. he'd ride it out due to being paid.
It’s non-refundable money in an attempt to secure their signature. Sometimes kids get paid by multiple schools during their recruitment. They don’t give the money back if they sign elsewhere.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Exactly. Using the same logic. Since Gilbert and Wooden were paying players, (citing UCLA's players' own admission), everyone back in the 60's/70's were paying players. In the late 80's with the UK/Emory scandal, proves, everyone in the 80's were paying players. Everyone in the history of college athletes have been paying players. Who needs proof when it's easier to just lump everyone in together?

Everything everyone has done, they weren't the only ones. UNC had fake classes, everyone had fake classes. Betting on games, everyone were betting on games. It's just silly to suggest the teams who were caught were the only ones doing it.

Villanova and UConn has two recent titles, they were clearly paying players, while having fake classes.

"insert personal insult here to anyone who disagrees"

*I actually like this line of thinking. All the times UK messed up, it feels good knowing we weren't the only ones doing it.

Last edited:
Exactly. Using the same logic. Since Gilbert and Wooden were paying players, (citing UCLA's players' own admission), everyone back in the 60's/70's were paying players. In the late 80's with the UK/Emory scandal, proves, everyone in the 80's were paying players. Everyone in the history of college athletes have been paying players. Who needs proof when it's easier to just lump everyone in together?

Everything everyone has done, they weren't the only ones. UNC had fake classes, everyone had fake classes. Betting on games, everyone were betting on games. It's just silly to suggest the teams who were caught were the only ones doing it.

Villanova and UConn has two recent titles, they were clearly paying players, while having fake classes.

"insert personal insult here to anyone who disagrees"

*I actually like this line of thinking. All the times UK messed up, it feels good knowing we weren't the only ones doing it.
UK fans are a sensitive bunch. Believe what you want.

Anyone with at least a half of damaged brain would know that by now many, many disgruntled players and coaches (assistant, fired) would have already come forth with admissions of paying players, offering fake classes etc etc.

This conspiracy theory is up there with the faked moon landing, aliens, bigfoot and the dem server lmao.

4d9f250573d56576280345c97ddb0425450ab148342e0978e002b2abaae5218c.jpg

Reactions: Random UK Fan
It must be tough having your coach admit to cheating to get players on tape and still never having success in March.

Reactions: JC for 3
If Will Wade can stay out of his own way (stop with the phone calls, take a page out of the elder Nike coaches playbook), he can make quite the name for himself.

You guys are on a roll, no doubt. Wade is a hell of a young coach.

I didn't see this coming.., not sure many did but here we are.
At the beginning of the season I had my doubts but they still have lots of talent on this team even with 3 big departures. Williams has stepped his game up and Fr. Wadford and Hyatt are legit players.

Will let you know after the AU / UK games as that will tell the story but right now they are on a roll. Lots of BB left in Feb and March but feels good to have that 2 game lead thanks to AU !

told my wife 2 days ago that there was no way LSU was going to beat Vanderbilt. Very easy to read the writing on the wall. Big game coming up Saturday at Auburn so of course they're gonna lose the game before vs some crap team. Story of the life of the shitty teams I root for.

No one is on salary, it’s a lump sum to sign, now I have no idea if Whitney was paid a dime but that logic doesn’t add up. And there’s no way for any school in that situation to reclaim the cash without sticking a knife in their own back.

Anyone with at least a half of damaged brain would know that by now many, many disgruntled players and coaches (assistant, fired) would have already come forth with admissions of paying players, offering fake classes etc etc.

This conspiracy theory is up there with the faked moon landing, aliens, bigfoot and the dem server lmao.

4d9f250573d56576280345c97ddb0425450ab148342e0978e002b2abaae5218c.jpg

Not unless they want to implicate themselves to the fbi and irs, which is obv not a smart move.

told my wife 2 days ago that there was no way LSU was going to beat Vanderbilt. Very easy to read the writing on the wall. Big game coming up Saturday at Auburn so of course they're gonna lose the game before vs some crap team. Story of the life of the shitty teams I root for.
Vanderbilt is the best 1-8 team in the SEC.

Actually, that team has some talent. Saban Lee is no joke. He was getting to the rim at will last night and did the same thing to UK in Rupp. Then they had Evans go for 31 in addition to Lee's 33.

I'm not feeling very good about UK's chances in Nashville next week. Those dudes know they can beat UK.

Reactions: Tigerocker
Of course when I parlay Seton Hall, Louisville and LSU MLs its LSU that screws me, go figure.

Repeat after me: parlays are sucker bets no matter how much of a lock they appear to me before games start SmokinSmile

Of course when I parlay Seton Hall, Louisville and LSU MLs its LSU that screws me, go figure.

Repeat after me: parlays are sucker bets no matter how much of a lock they appear to me before games start SmokinSmile
I won lots in football with parlays in bowl season because I watched all the teams all year and knew who was good and who wasn't.

BB is a whole notha ball game and probably better off just playing straight up. I would never have played LSU last night and never felt good about the game.

Granted didn't see Evans shooting like he did as he's never shot like that before. They were fired up and fresh and Jerry did a nice job with his defensive scheme. LSU was flat and just looked tired out there. You will see a different team Sat.

Vanderbilt is the best 1-8 team in the SEC.

Actually, that team has some talent. Saban Lee is no joke. He was getting to the rim at will last night and did the same thing to UK in Rupp. Then they had Evans go for 31 in addition to Lee's 33.

I'm not feeling very good about UK's chances in Nashville next week. Those dudes know they can beat UK.

Agreed.

Saban Lee is the truth. He can score anytime he touches it if he wants. Vandy has had terrible injury luck the last two years, but has recruited some absolute studs.

Reactions: kyjeff1
No one is on salary, it’s a lump sum to sign, now I have no idea if Whitney was paid a dime but that logic doesn’t add up. And there’s no way for any school in that situation to reclaim the cash without sticking a knife in their own back.

Hmmmm you mean like how we found out in the FBI stuff guys like Bowen were to be paid in several installments over the course of a year? You think people are dumb enough to give them all the money up front so they can get their money and screw you over? nah... not a chance in france. You pay in installments so the player keeps listening and working hard to keep getting that pay day.

ADVERTISEMENT