ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville tried covering their tracks

It's not just UK fans.

giphy.gif

Reactions: KYtotheCore
when the NCAA gets the go ahead from the FBI to start their investigation i think UL is in some deep trouble and probably also Arizona

New rules says they don't have to start an investigation. They can use findings from other sources. ie FBI.

i think the FBI investigation is why this new rule became reality
awhile back ago i read that the FBI told the NCAA to step back until they were done with their investigation
i am sure with this new rule that the NCAA will ask and probably get any evidence that the FBI has
IMHO the only schools/coaches that get into trouble are going to be the ones that had direct involvement in paying or seeing over the paying of players

I thought a judge dismissed it...
"Court documents made public Wednesday in a civil suit of former head coach Rick Pitino show that official paperwork was changed to keep Christian Dawkins' presence on a visit with prized high school recruit Brian Bowen in May 2017 unknown. "

i think the FBI investigation is why this new rule became reality
awhile back ago i read that the FBI told the NCAA to step back until they were done with their investigation
i am sure with this new rule that the NCAA will ask and probably get any evidence that the FBI has
IMHO the only schools/coaches that get into trouble are going to be the ones that had direct involvement in paying or seeing over the paying of players
I’m sure that there are schools that are involved that the NCAA will turn their heads to. They raided just one agent, and three Kentucky players names were involved. Louisville might have cheated, but so has everyone else.

I’m sure that there are schools that are involved that the NCAA will turn their heads to. They raided just one agent, and three Kentucky players names were involved. Louisville might have cheated, but so has everyone else.

did these other schools have coaches directly involved and named by the FBI

And they’re all gone, so what’s new with you guys?
Doesn't matter, they committed the acts while they were at UL.
They cleaned it up too late.
You and all your other UL cronies were too busy talking about how slimey and dirty Cal is, but you didn't realize your whole administration was dirty.

Reactions: RonEJones
I mean from my understanding, this is Pitino showing that they hid it from him, right?

And yes, NC State.

i am not sure what you mean by "understanding"
the FBI named at least one UL coach in it's public report
that report shows that at least one UL coach and maybe even Pitino was deeply involved in a player(s) getting paid

Is that not what this thread is about? Isn’t it what Pitino showed to the judge in his civil suit? HIS side?

I don’t know thats why I was asking, the article didn’t say. I just doubt Pitino used the NCAA doc to see who was with Bowen rather than maybe meeting with Bowen and his family in person.

What exactly do you think KU has done that other schools recruiting top players haven't?

I'm honestly curious.
I'm honestly curious if you believe all these other Adidas schools were funneling hundreds of thousands of dollars for pedestrian players such as Brian Bowen while THE Adidas flagship school was operating on the up and up?

I'm honestly curious if you believe all these other Adidas schools were funneling hundreds of thousands of dollars for pedestrian players such as Brian Bowen while THE Adidas flagship school was operating on the up and up?

Define "up and up." Camby at Umass? Derrick Rose? Bam Adebayo?

Please don't make me laugh.

Ku plays second fiddle to UK and Duke. It’s possible to throw in UNC.

Some of the high profile recruits adidas funnled :
Frank Mason, Devonte graham, legarld Vick, svi, and Landen Lucas

Possibly
Josh Jackson maybe but u of a and MSU were involved as well.

Preston never played.

Ku plays second fiddle to UK and Duke. It’s possible to throw in UNC.

Some of the high profile recruits adidas funnled :
Frank Mason, Devonte graham, legarld Vick, svi, and Landen Lucas

Possibly
Josh Jackson maybe but u of a and MSU were involved as well.

Preston never played.

Are you just throwing out random names?

Landen Lucas and a guy who had committed to Towson were high profile recruits? Are you being serious?

If Landen effing Lucas were paid, then everyone's getting paid.

Are you just throwing out random names?

Landen Lucas and a guy who had committed to Towson were high profile recruits? Are you being serious?

If Landen effing Lucas were paid, then everyone's getting paid.

Sarcasn

KU gets a few top 5 guys here and there. While UK and Duke fight over the top 5 guys every year. I’m not implying guilt of those two schools just stating the facts. While most of those players I listed were second or third options because KU whiffed.

Sarcasn

KU gets a few top 5 guys here and there. While UK and Duke fight over the top 5 guys every year. I’m not implying guilt of those two schools just stating the facts. While most of those players I listed were second or third options because KU whiffed.

I'm not sure if the holier than thou Kentucky fans who attack KU and others are in denial or simply delusional. You would think that people whose lives revolve around college basketball wouldn't be oblivious to what's going on.

I mean, I truly don't get the logic. Yes, the FBI probe discovered that Jackson, De Sousa and Preston had improper dealings with Adidas. Yet no one on the KU staff was accused of anything (in fact, they were labeled "victims" in the report).

I'm not naive enough to think that they're truly "victims." When coaches get involved in the recruitment of a Josh Jackson, they know that he's taking money. Just as we all know that Anthony Davis did (and probably almost every other recruit in Calipari's time at UK). The top players are getting paid. Shouldn't be a revelation to anyone.

Do I think that Bill Self, Calipari, Roy or K are hand delivering envelopes of cash? No. I don't believe any of them are foolish enough to get involved and most wouldn't want to. But they're also not foolish enough to think that a John Wall isn't getting paid and paid a lot. They look the other way.

Is it conveniently forgotten that several Kentucky players have been accused too? Adebayo, Knox, Noel. Again...not saying Calipari is out there personally making deals. He doesn't need to. He can look the other way and let it happen. Now at Umass and Memphis? Maybe a different story.

Oh, and that Pitino guy that Kentucky fans love to attack? Where did he used to coach again? What about Eddie Sutton (who literally DID send envelopes of cash)?

Just cut the high and mighty shit already.

Last edited:
Reactions: wesr
I'm not sure if the holier than thou Kentucky fans who attack KU and others are in denial or simply delusional. You would think that people whose lives revolve around college basketball wouldn't be oblivious to what's going on.

High and Mighty is our motto. Our pockets are deep. You should've chosen a better program...one that the NCAA deems untouchable... Sorry about your luck....

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

I mean, I truly don't get the logic. Yes, the FBI probe discovered that Jackson, De Sousa and Preston had improper dealings with Adidas. Yet no one on the KU staff was accused of anything (in fact, they were labeled "victims" in the report).

I'm not naive enough to think that they're truly "victims." When coaches get involved in the recruitment of a Josh Jackson, they know that he's taking money. Just as we all know that Anthony Davis did (and probably almost every other recruit in Calipari's time at UK). The top players are getting paid. Shouldn't be a revelation to anyone.

Do I think that Bill Self, Calipari, Roy or K are hand delivering envelopes of cash? No. I don't believe any of them are foolish enough to get involved and most wouldn't want to. But they're also not foolish enough to think that a John Wall isn't getting paid and paid a lot. They look the other way.

Is it conveniently forgotten that several Kentucky players were cited in the investigations too? Adebayo, Knox, Noel? Again...not saying Calipari is out there personally making deals. He doesn't need to. He can look the other way and let it happen. Now at Umass and Memphis? Maybe a different story.

Oh, and that Pitino guy that Kentucky fans love to attack? Where did he used to coach again? What about that Eddie Sutton dude (who literally DID send envelopes of cash)?

UK has never had any bust either because the player wasn’t coachable.

High and Mighty is our motto. Our pockets are deep. You should've chosen a better program...one that the NCAA deems untouchable... Sorry about your luck....

Ah, is that how it works?

In that case, the program that brings in far and away the most revenue must be doubly untouchable, right? Err...wait a minute...

Maybe I need to become a...Louisville fan? Wait. Oy, I just don't know what to do.

In that case, the program that brings in far and away the most revenue must be doubly untouchable, right? Err...wait a minute...

Maybe I need to become a...Louisville fan? Wait. Oy, I just don't know what to do.

If that's the team you want to follow.... UofL 20th College Sports Revenue, UK 15th

Clearly.

It really is amazing how little it takes to get you rustled. "A UK fan said...." seems to be all it takes.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
ADVERTISEMENT