ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville - 2 wins, 17 losses

Crums Bald Spot

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2001
UL is 2-17 after getting their ish pushed in by UNC today. And the crazy thing, most of these losses are not even close.

Two questions -

1. Does UL win another game this year - if so, how many?
2. What case can you make for retaining Kenny Payne losing 20+ games during year 1 with a roster of talent much better than the W/Ls? He hasn't recruited worth a ish. He doesn't have any real talent coming in for 2023-24. Early return is that he can't coach or motivate a HS team.

Not sure how you justify keeping him even though he's black (super, duper protected group with the MSM -aka, cancel culture mob), a former player, and only 1 year in.

Reactions: Yet Another UK Fan
The guy seems like a derelict. Every saeson you keep someone that inept, it will set your program back 3 years. Hopefully they paid him what he was worth at the time (minimum wage)

This season is as bad as the ACC as a whole has been in a long time too and the bottom third is REALLY bad. If Louisville is going to get any more wins their best chance is in the stretch they have coming up @ BC, @ ND, vs GT.

Is this Louisville’s worst team in their history?

There were Kentucky fans that wanted to give Kenny Payne a chance once Cal hung it up.

I’m thankful UofL killed that idea for us because that’s something i 100% could have seen Mitch Barnhardt going for and Cal would have lobbied for it.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
As bad as we are, I think us vs South Carolina would be a pickem.

Pretty dang close to it. Y’all are the worst P5 team by every metric and south carolina is the second worse by nearly every metric.

This guy is just a huge fan of the game and wants to watch some real bball.

FmuKyrgWQAMu_yP

I just watched L’ville throw and outlet pass of one of their bigs back that led to an easy dunk . In HS my sophomore year, literally like the first week of practice, I threw an outlet pass to a big.

Coach blows the whistle and says, “what fücking offense do we run that involves a 4 or 5 initiating a fast break into one of our sets?” I answer none Coach. He said, “good don’t ever do it again, you or anyone else ever does it again we run for the rest of practice.”

My question is what kind of shit show is being run at Louisville at this point?

I just watched L’ville throw and outlet pass of one of their bigs back that led to an easy dunk . In HS my sophomore year, literally like the first week of practice, I threw an outlet pass to a big.

Coach blows the whistle and says, “what fücking offense do we run that involves a 4 or 5 initiating a fast break into one of our sets?” I answer none Coach. He said, “good don’t ever do it again, you or anyone else ever does it again we run for the rest of practice.”

My question is what kind of shit show is being run at Louisville at this point?
The play in question. Just one example of the complete lack of basketball IQ and plain common sense these players exhibit under Payne. Throwing an outlet pass off a big man’s turned back instead of to the wide open point guard asking for the ball. SMFH.

The play in question. Just one example of the complete lack of basketball IQ and plain common sense these players exhibit under Payne. Throwing an outlet pass off a big man’s turned back instead of to the wide open point guard asking for the ball. SMFH.
Thanks for finding the clip, exact play I was talking about. That shit Wouk have gotten me chewed out and told to stand on the sideline during practice.

I’ve watched a few loserville games and have no clue what they are doing at any point in any situation.

Pitt play like ass tonight and won by 20 or whatever. Kenny Payne needs to go

You act like the UL player wasn't falling out of bounds and would have been able to see the guard basically behind him before going out. It's the guy he threw the ball to that was at fault on the play actually.

Thanks for finding the clip, exact play I was talking about. That shit Wouk have gotten me chewed out and told to stand on the sideline during practice.

I’ve watched a few loserville games and have no clue what they are doing at any point in any situation.

Pitt play like ass tonight and won by 20 or whatever. Kenny Payne needs to go
LOL, I thought only UK fans did this.

You have to find positive with everything.
If I was being prison raped by 5 dudes with large c*cks, I could still overcome it by saying to myself "chin up Jeff, at least you're not a Louisville fan".

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
UL is 2-17 after getting their ish pushed in by UNC today. And the crazy thing, most of these losses are not even close.

Two questions -

1. Does UL win another game this year - if so, how many?
2. What case can you make for retaining Kenny Payne losing 20+ games during year 1 with a roster of talent much better than the W/Ls? He hasn't recruited worth a ish. He doesn't have any real talent coming in for 2023-24. Early return is that he can't coach or motivate a HS team.

Not sure how you justify keeping him even though he's black (super, duper protected group with the MSM -aka, cancel culture mob), a former player, and only 1 year in.
Interesting that you choose to leverage race, into a basketball discussion. Payne is horrible, and wholly unqualified to lead a Power five basketball team. THAT'S the issue. There are a million BASKETBALL reasons to get rid of him as soon as possible, none of which has to do with race.

Interesting that you choose to leverage race, into a basketball discussion. Payne is horrible, and wholly unqualified to lead a Power five basketball team. THAT'S the issue. There are a million BASKETBALL reasons to get rid of him as soon as possible, none of which has to do with race.
He's right though. Fair or not they would be facing a lot more criticism for firing a black man.

Because it's a reality in today's climate. It's huge in all walks of life much less high profile positions and will definitely play a factor in the decision - especially if they fire him after one season.

Unfortunately, there's a large contingent of "journalists" where facts are optional if it involves a black person or someone from the alphabet mafia.

Its more like the opposite. There may be a million basketball reason to get rid of Kenny Payne, but the one race reason is what they may be reluctant to fire him. We are in an era in which political correctness has gone way too far, its not unthinkable that Kenny Payne will be playing his race card to avoid sacking. It may sound silly but why not? If I have such a trump card that can save my job, Id use it any day.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Thought the cards was gonna pull one out tonight. Looked to be in control of the game but just checked the score and they lost by ten.🤦🏼‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
They weren’t your superbowl…..

It took a winning streak to get you back here? Welcome back
I've been around. Ask Della. As far as "Super Bowl", even you don't believe that. You were the Super Bowl for Lenoir-Rhyne, Bellarmine, Wright State, App State....damn it's hard to keep a straight face...But I really love using UL fans as punching bags, even though I realize it's punching down. By the way, Kenny won those (2) games.

Debating whether Tony Bennett should take one for the team and intentionally lose to UL.

UL might give him a contract extension if he beats UVA in Year 1.

Last edited:
Look at KP's roster.... he's going into every battle with nothing to fight with.
When was kp hired? Did he not have a chance at the transfer portal?

A lot of teams turn shit around in year 1 with use of the portal.

Iowa St, Texas, Texas Tech, and many others did it last year with first year coaches, K st this year.

When was kp hired? Did he not have a chance at the transfer portal?

A lot of teams turn shit around in year 1 with use of the portal.

Iowa St, Texas, Texas Tech, and many others did it last year with first year coaches, K st this year.
How many good players in the portal do you think would have wanted to go to a program that at the time was still awaiting further NCAA punishment? Or to a program in a true 'rebuilding' process?

How many good players in the portal do you think would have wanted to go to a program that at the time was still awaiting further NCAA punishment? Or to a program in a true 'rebuilding' process?
I think nil could've negated some of that though. Surely ul could have out bid the Iowa St's of the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT