ADVERTISEMENT

looking like Reid Travis may be heading to UK

KU fans acting like their gonna waltz into rupp and drill. buike sucks and a team of transfers won't gel. glad self actually has to break in a new pg for the first time in 6 years.

KU fans acting like their gonna waltz into rupp and drill. buike sucks and a team of transfers won't gel. glad self actually has to break in a new pg for the first time in 6 years.

Haven't even seen any KU fans talking about that game.

A "team of transfers" won't gel but your completely new team obviously will eh? Considering KU's transfers have already spent a year in the system, it would seem they would gel better than a bunch of freshmen and a grad transfer, no?

They probably will. It’s been almost 30 years since Kentucky has beaten KU there. Win next year and us fans will probably start calling it Allen Fieldhouse East.

UNC, KU, and Duke are all looking up at the Cats, and that'll never change unless UK just shuts down its basketball program.

UNC, KU, and Duke are all looking up at the Cats, and that'll never change unless UK just shuts down its basketball program.
I hate doing the time frame argument, but as a whole, Duke and North Carolina have better resumes than Kentucky in the last 25 years or so

Crazy UK plays the other 3 OOC.

all four schools should play each other every year
CBB is just a better product when those four teams are strong
i keep my hopes up that one day KU will join the SEC
then we could have an elite SEC vs ACC challenge every year (no wannabe's allowed)

LOL.

Actually, if things continue at the current rate, Duke and UNC will both surpass Kentucky.

Even today, UNC is neck and neck with Kentucky in practically every category and better in some (three more final fours, several more 1 seeds, more 1st round picks, lead the head to head by several, etc).

I hate doing the time frame argument, but as a whole, Duke and North Carolina have better resumes than Kentucky in the last 25 years or so
and 30 years and 40 years... those damn 50's and 60's though, you know the games only Bert remembers- not even close.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
and 30 years and 40 years... those damn 50's and 60's though, you know the games only Bert remembers- not even close.
Eh, UK has 4 titles since 78 and I’m sure just as many final fours. Duke didn’t win a title until 91. So they have not been better than UK the last 40 years. 25 is correct.

Eh, UK has 4 titles since 78 and I’m sure just as many final fours. Duke didn’t win a title until 91. So they have not been better than UK the last 40 years. 25 is correct.
But if you say 40 seasons it’s 5-3 Duke. Plus they have a lot more wins and Final Fours. I’d absolutely say that they’ve been better over the last 40 seasons.

Reactions: tw3301
Duke still has 5 in the last 40 years. 5 > 4 amirite?

Sorry, not giving that to you. But yes your math is correct
I mean all I see on this board is 8 > (insert number here) until UCLA is brought up and then it's most wins or some other moving of the goal post. Anyway I was just ****ing with you because @KDcats11 has a micropenis and had to post a dumbass comment.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Since June 20, 1978, Kentucky has won a title in 1996, 1998 and 2012. That’s 3 in the last 40 years.
6EDif7.gif

Reactions: schoonerwest
So does this mean that Kentucky should win the title and the only way they lose is because of the refs? Does this also mean that we can bash on Uk if they flame out for being preseason #1 like we about started to do with Duke? Asking for a friend :D
We should win every game by 40 and if we don’t, Cal needs to go and let me coach the team

Reactions: HRTheCard
So does this mean that Kentucky should win the title and the only way they lose is because of the refs? Does this also mean that we can bash on Uk if they flame out for being preseason #1 like we about started to do with Duke? Asking for a friend :D
Considering how awful you guys will be, I doubt you'll have much else to look forward to than UK potentially "flaming out".

They won't be pre-season #1. That will be Kansas, or at least it should be. Splitting hairs between UK/Duke for #2, IMO.

Reactions: Big_Blue79

If they struggle out of the gate, we'll hear "what could you have possibly expected with this many freshmen?"

Then if they get it together and make a final four run, we'll hear "Got DAYUM Calipari is a miracle worker!"

Reactions: HRTheCard
I think the record UK vs KU is 22-9 KU on the short side. Who gives a crap about the past so and so years just to make a point. What matters now is next season. And UK will beat KU at Rupp. This team is going to be a lot like 2015 UK on defense. And I don't see much drop off from offense compared to that same team.

We have 4 coming back, a very good senior transfer, and a good haul of 5 stars. We also get pre season experience playing in the Bahamas. I'm not sure what our end of season wins/losses will be, but I'ld be willing to bet it will be more than 39 (38-1).

Considering how awful you guys will be, I doubt you'll have much else to look forward to than UK potentially "flaming out".

Go ahead and think how awful we’ll be. I’ll be looking forward to the ref complaints about 5 months from now vs Duke

Reactions: Quavarius
If they struggle out of the gate, we'll hear "what could you have possibly expected with this many freshmen?"

Then if they get it together and make a final four run, we'll hear "Got DAYUM Calipari is a miracle worker!"

The narratives of starting 1-0 or 0-1 are so drastically different it’s hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT