ADVERTISEMENT

looking like Reid Travis may be heading to UK

Travis will go to Villanova. Does he strike anyone as a Kentucky kid? He actually has a brain for Christ sake. His college choices were Duke and Stanford. Nova falls in line with those schools aesthetically and academically. Kentucky is a whorehouse.

Last edited:
Travis is a beast offensively. Versatile college 4 who can take bigs off the dribble and muscle you on the inside. Huge get for whoever gets him. Could be an All American next year

Reactions: KisteK
Baloney move. Have no issue with players who want to jump up a tier or someone who might want to leave a bad team, but Stanford had a chance to be pretty good next season had he returned. And you just abandon them? Not a fan. And yes, get off my lawn.
Really

In the words of @Kevin Bryan only one ball to go around. Travis is a starter. Which frosh sits?
if all three stay in the draft we will only have Richards and Montgomery
so does it really matter who starts
i do think one of the three returns, if not Cal will bring in another big

I've followed Travis since he was a 6'7" Minnesota high school quarterback.
Seemingly a really good kid/guy.

Not gonna lie, was a little pissy about the possibility of Kentucky nabbing him.
Stanford is, like, 25% of the reason I watch Pacball and Reid is 75% of the reason I watch Stanford.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
In the words of @Kevin Bryan only one ball to go around. Travis is a starter. Which frosh sits?
latest

He doesn't seem the type to be scared of competition.

Don’t think he’d play now with PJ and Montgomery when you have starting time at Nova. He wont start at Uk. Could be wrong though but I thought if any came back that would steer away Travis, it’d be PJ.

IIRC UK has 8 scholarship players right now.

Baker
Green
Quickley
Herro
Johnson
Washington
Richards
Montgomery

I feel like I'm missing someone.

Gabriel, Vanderbilt still deciding, plus Maxey and Hagans.

If those still deciding and Reid comes, that would be 13.

Don’t think he’d play now with PJ and Montgomery when you have starting time at Nova. He wont start at Uk. Could be wrong though but I thought if any came back that would steer away Travis, it’d be PJ.
Right now there's only 3 players to play 2 positions. Plenty of minutes for Travis. Even if Gabriel comes back as well.

Im probably in the minority but I really don't think Montgomery is ready to play major minutes. He seems like a guy that's gonna need a year. He's a little on the slow side and plays below the rim.

I think 19/20 will be his year and he'll be paired with wiseman in the front court eventually.

I also don't see minutes for 2 of Vanderbilt/Gabriel/Travis now that Washington is back. We get one of those three(preferably Travis or Gabriel) and we seemingly have no weaknesses as long as Richards progresses.

My only question is how mad are you gonna be when we get him

Cant have a relaxed conversation without ThroughBlue thinking something stupid, lol.
Gotta keep you interested man that’s all I’m here for. I’m sure you guys are on the way up and I’ll be throwing shots your way

If we get Travis, I think this worked out about the best it could have for UK.

A healthy Vanderbilt wasn't a guarantee and out of the three, I preferred Washington over both of them. We still need another front court player IMO. Travis would be huge.

Reactions: treyforuk
If we get Travis, I think this worked out about the best it could have for UK.

A healthy Vanderbilt wasn't a guarantee and out of the three, I preferred Washington over both of them. We still need another front court player IMO. Travis would be huge.
Travis, Montgomery, and Washington should chew up all the minutes at the 4 and 5. Richards can stay on the bench...

ADVERTISEMENT