ADVERTISEMENT

List things more overrated than the Big 10 year after year in every sport

There are different opinions about that. I'm sure by posting this we will be the first big 12 team to lose today.
No there are no different opinions.

Inspiration for the song had come while Nivert and Danoff, who were married, were driving along Clopper Road in nearby Montgomery County, Maryland to a Nivert family reunion in Gaithersburg.[4] According to a radio interview with Nivert, the road is close to Washington, D.C., where Denver often worked. To pass the time en route, Danoff had made up a ballad about the little winding roads they were taking. He had even briefly considered using "Massachusetts" rather than "West Virginia" as both four-syllable state names would have fit the song's meter.

They have talent and I really love their coach

I called it after year 1. Pikiell was making to make Rutgers a winner. This really should be their 2nd year in a row in the NCAAT. A pretty amazing feat given the lack of support the athletic department receives from the university.

Reactions: hawkit3113
I called it after year 1. Pikiell was making to make Rutgers a winner. This really should be their 2nd year in a row in the NCAAT. A pretty amazing feat given the lack of support the athletic department receives from the university.

Exactly. NJ is a massive hotbed, and finally has the money.

And a great school too

Reactions: duckboy33
No there are no different opinions.

Inspiration for the song had come while Nivert and Danoff, who were married, were driving along Clopper Road in nearby Montgomery County, Maryland to a Nivert family reunion in Gaithersburg.[4] According to a radio interview with Nivert, the road is close to Washington, D.C., where Denver often worked. To pass the time en route, Danoff had made up a ballad about the little winding roads they were taking. He had even briefly considered using "Massachusetts" rather than "West Virginia" as both four-syllable state names would have fit the song's meter.

Well damn, guess now I'll have to go burn all my country roads memorabilia.

Last edited:
There is good reason why I believe in Shaka.
Is it the 40% conference winning percentage. Or the 50% rate of making the tourney. Is it the 1-1 record making the NIT? Is it that he has won a few games over 500 in 6 seasons? I’m being a dick....it’s obviously the fact he has lost more conference games in 6 seasons than self has in 18 yrs. help me put my finger on it

Last edited:
Exactly. NJ is a massive hotbed, and finally has the money.

And a great school too

The Big Ten opened up a lot of opportunities for Rutgers. They may finally be able to start living up to their potential.

To a lesser extent, watch what Greg Schiano is doing on the recruiting trail for 2022. He's going to land a surprising amount of 4 star talent. Rutgers football isn't going to be the laughing stock of the Big Ten for long.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Is it the 40% conference winning percentage. Or the 50% rate of making the tourney. Is it the 1-1 record making the NIT? Is that he has one a few games over 500 in 6 seasons? I’m being a dick....it’s obviously the fact he has lost more conference games in 6 seasons than self has in 18 yrs. help me put my finger on it

The type of team he is building...
He has another possible Kai Jones coming in.
I see players leaving Texas that could start and play big roles for P5 schools.

The level of talent has increased under him.

The Big Ten opened up a lot of opportunities for Rutgers. They may finally be able to start living up to their potential.

To a lesser extent, watch what Greg Schiano is doing on the recruiting trail for 2022. He's going to land a surprising amount of 4 star talent. Rutgers football isn't going to be the laughing stock of the Big Ten for long.

And BTW, I wouldn't put a dime into the RAC.

It's an amazing venue

It could use a face lift but they don't need a new arena. It's one of the best home court advantages out there.

It really is, but heard there is pressure for a new one. Because another school in the area built one better.

I love the RAC

Reactions: duckboy33
The type of team he is building...
He has another possible Kai Jones coming in.
I see players leaving Texas that could start and play big roles for P5 schools.

The level of talent has increased under him.
Texas has had an embarrassing amount of talent under penders and Barnes. Plenty under Shaka as well. I don’t see any more talent than years past. There is always plenty of talent, just no significant results.

Texas has had an embarrassing amount of talent under penders and Barnes. Plenty under Shaka as well. I don’t see any more talent than years past. There is always plenty of talent, just no significant results.

Disagree.
Will Baker would still be under the program with both
Barnes had Brad Buckman. Like I said on this message board I was worried Shaka was going to have the same issues.
But...
He gave the kid a chance. Didn't work out.

ADVERTISEMENT