ADVERTISEMENT

Lil' Bit of ACC Talk . . .

So you think that a coach like Padgett who’s never ran a team in his life up until the ‘17-18 season had no bearing on the performance of our players?

i don't think it mattered enough to really matter
with an experienced HC UL might have made the NCAAT, but would probably went out the first round

this year the talent is just not there
not bashing UL or Mack, both are in a tough spot this year

i don't think it mattered enough to really matter
with an experienced HC UL might have made the NCAAT, but would probably went out the first round

this year the talent is just not there
not bashing UL or Mack, both are in a tough spot this year
I don’t like Pitino at all as you know, but with last years squad, we would of been a tourney team, and probably made it to at least second round/sw 16. Coaching matters man. Conditioning matters too. With Enoch and Williams running the front court, and king/sutton/Nwora on the wing with Perry and McMahon running the point with a few other players we’ve added to roster, there’s really not that much of a drop off at all, imo. I think we will be decent. Not sunshine pumping this team at all, but we won’t be as bad as you and some others think. Time will tell, and I can’t wait to get the season started. I’m already extremely bored now that the playoffs are over.

I don’t like Pitino at all as you know, but with last years squad, we would of been a tourney team, and probably made it to at least second round/sw 16. Coaching matters man. Conditioning matters too. With Enoch and Williams running the front court, and king/sutton/Nwora on the wing with Perry and McMahon running the point with a few other players we’ve added to roster, there’s really not that much of a drop off at all, imo. I think we will be decent. Not sunshine pumping this team at all, but we won’t be as bad as you and some others think. Time will tell, and I can’t wait to get the season started. I’m already extremely bored now that the playoffs are over.

I like Chris Mack a lot. FSU has played Xavier the last two seasons and I watched him make some great adjustments.

But I think it would be very impressive, even for a guy of Mack’s quality, if he can guide Louisville to a top 6 finish in the ACC. Heck, even top 7 would be impressive. The league is just so deep and talented.

Now, more than 7 ACC teams will likely make the Tourney, so y’all could finish 8th or 9th and definitely still dance. And that seems like a realistic expectation.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
you and I both

Are you saying that if Calipari was coaching our team last season, we wouldn’t have made the tournament?

i think Cal or any other elite coach would have had a chance to get you in the NCAAT
this upcoming year i am not even sure an elite coach cab get you into the NCAAT

you guys still have no answered me on if King has lived up to his H.S. ranking
why is that?

i think Cal or any other elite coach would have had a chance to get you in the NCAAT

9-10 ACC teams will make the Dance. How low do you think Louisville finishes?

you guys still have no answered me on if King has lived up to his H.S. ranking
why is that?

Well year 1 he couldnt play defense and you and I both know how Pitino was if you couldnt play defense. Year 2 he had David Padgett as his coach. The players said practices were “fun.” That’s not coaching. Im sorry but it’s not. He averaged 9 and 3 though. Quite honestly i think he’ll flourish under Mack’s system bc Pitino and Padgett both had him at the 2. Idc what they say he never was and will never be a 2. He’ll play the wing. Also quite honestly, I think Adel held him back. With him gone I’m excited to see what he brings to the table. He’s been putting in the most work apparently. He’s up to 215 when he was at 195 all last season

Well year 1 he couldnt play defense and you and I both know how Pitino was if you couldnt play defense. Year 2 he had David Padgett as his coach. The players said practices were “fun.” That’s not coaching. Im sorry but it’s not. He averaged 9 and 3 though. Quite honestly i think he’ll flourish under Mack’s system bc Pitino and Padgett both had him at the 2. Idc what they say he never was and will never be a 2. He’ll play the wing. Also quite honestly, I think Adel held him back. With him gone I’m excited to see what he brings to the table. He’s been putting in the most work apparently. He’s up to 215 when he was at 195 all last season

9 and 3 screams elite RollLaugh
from what he has shown so far, if he is your best player UL is in more trouble then i thought

You’re basing that off of last year though. You can’t compare Pagett to Cal or Padgett to Mack. Cal would’ve easily made the tourney last year. Any other coach with college D1 experience would have. We started off in the Top 15-25 for a reason. Out of everyone we lost this season, our biggest loss is Spalding. Q was never consistent. Mahmoud didnt give a crap half the time. Adel was me ball. Which is why I think he held King back. Adel was a terrible decision maker.

9 and 3 screams elite RollLaugh
from what he has shown so far, if he is your best player UL is in more trouble then i thought

PJ washington averaged 10 and almost 6 and some of your buddy’s thinks he’s gonna be an AA next year. Can you point to me where I said 9 and 3 is elite? Just curious. Can you also point to me where I said I think he’ll be our best player?

Seriously, your troll job has gotten so weak my dude. Can’t even have a conversation around this park

You’re basing that off of last year though. You can’t compare Pagett to Cal or Padgett to Mack. Cal would’ve easily made the tourney last year. Any other coach with college D1 experience would have. We started off in the Top 15-25 for a reason. Out of everyone we lost this season, our biggest loss is Spalding. Q was never consistent. Mahmoud didnt give a crap half the time. Adel was me ball. Which is why I think he held King back. Adel was a terrible decision maker.

i agree losing Spalding is a huge loss
every guy you mentioned showed flashes last year
you both have told me that the returning guys have shown slashes and are basing what you think this team will do because of those flashes
UL lost a lot and are bringing in almost nothing

i am being totally honest, i do not think UL has the talent to make the NCAAT
that is why if i were the UL head coach i would have taken all the scholarship reductions this year and start new next year with some good-great talent

PJ washington averaged 10 and almost 6 and some of your buddy’s thinks he’s gonna be an AA next year. Can you point to me where I said 9 and 3 is elite? Just curious. Can you also point to me where I said I think he’ll be our best player?

Seriously, your troll job has gotten so weak my dude. Can’t even have a conversation around this park

he averaged 10-6 as the third or fourth option, BTW anyone that thinks ne will be an AA next year is touched in the head
King will be option #1 this year
he may score more points this year but it will only be because he shoots a much higher volume

you seem to have a hard time with people not agreeing with you or wearing red colored glasses

I was done when he said the ACC was a 3 team race, showed me right there he’s not as smart as he think he is.

Reactions: HRTheCard
to begin with i think it will be closer to 7 ACC teams making the NCAAT
i think UL is NIT bound

It would be shocking if only 7 ACC teams made the dance next year. 9 teams made it both of the last two years and next year should be as strong or stronger.

really
name me ONE team you think WILL win the ACC besides UVA, Duke and UNC

I’d say it’s a good bet that one of those 3 finish first during the regular season.

But any one of probably 5-6 teams could realistically win the ACC Championship.

really
name me ONE team you think WILL win the ACC besides UVA, Duke and UNC

Overall you said the ACC was weak which is false and after your top 3 the conference is garbage. Like I said you don't know what you're talking about. Clemson, Syracuse, NC State and FSU are going to be good and I'm not going to count out UL and Notre Dame even though they have some work to do.

Okay, it’s a deal.

giphy.gif

Overall you said the ACC was weak which is false and after your top 3 the conference is garbage. Like I said you don't know what you're talking about. Clemson, Syracuse, NC State and FSU are going to be good and I'm not going to count out UL and Notre Dame even though they have some work to do.

Hello Alice, do you enjoy your rabbit hole?
those teams are just like some of our SEC teams, they have almost ZERO chance of winning the ACC or the NCAAT

those teams are just like some of our SEC teams, they have almost ZERO chance of winning the ACC or the NCAAT

FSU, Clemson, and Syracuse could all realistically win the ACC championship next year. Heck, it’s only been 5 or so years since FSU won the ACC.

What SEC teams have a legit chance of winning the national title? Kentucky and...

FSU, Clemson, and Syracuse could all realistically win the ACC championship next year. Heck, it’s only been 5 or so years since FSU won the ACC.

What SEC teams have a legit chance of winning the national title? Kentucky and...
that is exactly my point
the SEC has 1 maybe 2 teams every year that have a legit shot
the ACC normally has 2 sometimes 3 teams that have a shot
once you get past the top then you are left with a lot of teams that can not win a mid-major conference
a lot of P-5 teams make the NCAAT that are not deserving, but they bring in money to the NCAA

hey i get it, you are an ACC homer and will fight for your conference no matter how weak that fight is

Not a homer Junior. I just recognize BS when I see it. There are more quality teams in the ACC than the SEC which means anything can happen. Trying to compare the 2 is laughable.

I also don't think the ACC will be "stronger" this upcoming season.. and my phone's dead

that is exactly my point
the SEC has 1 maybe 2 teams every year that have a legit shot
the ACC normally has 2 sometimes 3 teams that have a shot
once you get past the top then you are left with a lot of teams that can not win a mid-major conference
a lot of P-5 teams make the NCAAT that are not deserving, but they bring in money to the NCAA

hey i get it, you are an ACC homer and will fight for your conference no matter how weak that fight is

Just because a team isn't a top 5-8 team, doesn't mean they aren't strong. Look at last year: teams like Clemson and FSU would have probably won any mid-major conference in the country, with the possible exception of the WCC.

There are 68 spots in the NCAAT. How do you propose we fill all those spots if teams like UF, FSU, Clemson, Seton Hall, Miami, etc. didn't make the Dance?

Just because a team isn't a top 5-8 team, doesn't mean they aren't strong. Look at last year: teams like Clemson and FSU would have probably won any mid-major conference in the country, with the possible exception of the WCC.

There are 68 spots in the NCAAT. How do you propose we fill all those spots if teams like UF, FSU, Clemson, Seton Hall, Miami, etc. didn't make the Dance?

they normally fill them with teams that are not very good and some even have a losing conference record

Okay, it’s a deal.

Haha, Brooky, I love the confidence! Here's my thoughts on the bet. The way the bet is set up is a little stacked against the Orange, with Cuse having to BOTH finish in the top 5 AND finish ahead of FSU, I'd give GE Nole a 60-40 chance of winning the bet. I think Cuse has a better than 50-50 chance of finishing in the top 5 (hell Athlon has Cuse ranked 10th in the country, and almost everyone has us top 25) and Cuse has a better than 50-50 chance of finishing ahead of FSU in the ACC standings. But I think the chance of both happening gives GE Nole the edge.

I think Va Tech, Cuse, FSU, and Clemson could finish in any order from 4th to 7th. That being said, I wouldn't sleep on NC State, Louisville, Notre Dame, or Miami. I could see any one of them sneaking into the top 6 or 7 in the ACC. I think Pitt, Ga Tech, and Wake are the only teams safely in the ACC basement with no shot at the tournament. Even BC could be a bubble team and surprise this year with a strong finish in the top 10 of the conference.

Last edited:
Haha, Brooky, I love the confidence! Here's my thoughts on the bet. The way the bet is set up is a little stacked against the Orange, with Cuse having to BOTH finish in the top 5 AND finish ahead of FSU, I'd give GE Nole a 60-40 chance of winning the bet. I think Cuse has a better than 50-50 chance of finishing in the top 5 (hell Athlon has Cuse ranked 10th in the country, and almost everyone has us top 25) and Cuse has a better than 50-50 chance of finishing ahead of FSU in the ACC standings. But I think the chance of both happening gives GE Nole the edge.

I think Va Tech, Cuse, FSU, and Clemson could finish in any order from 4th to 7th. That being said, I wouldn't sleep on NC State, Louisville, Notre Dame, or Miami. I could see any one of them sneaking into the top 6 or 7 in the ACC. I think Pitt, Ga Tech, and Wake are safely in the ACC basement and are the only teams with no shot at the tournament. Even BC could be a bubble team and surprise this year with a strong finish in the top 10 of the conference.

I think Cuse is going to finish 2nd in the ACC, so I'm okay with GE Nole getting the better odds. Injuries could derail the bet for both of us, obviously, but a healthy Cuse team will have a top 5 defense in the nation next year. There are more question marks around the offense, but we know it will at least be better than it was last season.

Reactions: robamartin
By how many games do you think UVA will win the ACC this year?

Try to answer without using "UMBC", "1-seed", "16-seed", or "NCAA tourney"

By how many games do you think UVA will win the ACC this year?

Try to answer without using "UMBC", "1-seed", "16-seed", or "NCAA tourney"

1. I think the ACC is going to be more top heavy next season than it has been in recent history.

ADVERTISEMENT