ADVERTISEMENT

Lil' Bit of ACC Talk . . .

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
Which team(s) do you think will challenge Duke this year in the conference. What about out of conference too, for that matter?

SEC talk a little slow.

Which team(s) do you think will challenge Duke this year in the conference. What about out of conference too, for that matter?

SEC talk a little slow.

I believe UNC is the team to beat in the ACC regular season. Experienced talent in the 3 returning Seniors, another year for the Sophomore bigs and two 5 Star Frosh that I believe will start from DAY 1.
Also UNC benefits from the unbalanced ACC schedule this year, as opposed to fighting an up hill battle last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: shun1
ACC is gonna be tough. Virginia, the Holes, and Syracuse will be contenders. My Devils could finish fourth.

the conference is going to be pretty weak

my top 3
Duke
UNC
UVA

after that very little

ACC is gonna be tough. Virginia, the Holes, and Syracuse will be contenders. My Devils could finish fourth.
Hokies too. ACC loaded as ever.
Doubt Dook finishes below 2-3 . Their floor is higher than most just due to the talent they can put on the floor.

my top 3
Duke
UNC
UVA

after that very little
Ok..........of course there will be a drop off AFTER 3 top 10 teams Nationally.
10 teams will vie for Dance tickets,.

my top 3
Duke
UNC
UVA

after that very little

No weaker than the SEC. Also if we're going by history then comparing the 2 isn't even worth talking about. We'll see how it plays out and then we can revisit this argument.

We might catch some people next year. Very experienced team especially at the guards

Yeah, not sure where the ACC is going to be weak talk is coming from. I think there will be 9 quality teams, which doesn't include Notre Dame, Louisville, or Miami, who could all not be as bad as some think.

Reactions: GE Nole
No weaker than the SEC. Also if we're going by history then comparing the 2 isn't even worth talking about. We'll see how it plays out and then we can revisit this argument.

this about next year
huge drop off after the top three

this about next year
huge drop off after the top three

Like the SEC is going to be a mine field this year? Also you may wanna do some reading on the bottom feeders in the ACC. From top to bottom the ACC will be better, you'll see.

my top 3
Duke
UNC
UVA

after that very little

Disagree. NCState and Syracuse are going to be good. Syracuse at least. We're unpredictable, but I wouldn't count us out. Our guys are getting strong and apparently practicing very well. We've added another bench player today and will add another one next week to give us 11 players. I'd put us at 5-7 in ACC.

Yeah, not sure where the ACC is going to be weak talk is coming from. I think there will be 9 quality teams, which doesn't include Notre Dame, Louisville, or Miami, who could all not be as bad as some think.
Well it doesn’t include Louisville because they’re not going to be a quality team

Reactions: HRTheCard
There will be 7 or 8 ACC teams that spend time in the top 25 next year. UVA, UNC, Duke, VT, FSU, Syracuse, and Clemson all have the potential to make a Sweet 16 or deeper run.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Well it doesn’t include Louisville because they’re not going to be a quality team

Right, which is why they aren't in my top 9. They still may not be as bad as some think though. I mean, who is the ninth best SEC team, A&M maybe? The 10th or 11th ACC squad could be better.

I like the SEC next year though. I think the conference has done a great job improving its profile, mainly because they have done a great job getting quality coaches. I watch a ton of SEC basketball.

Right, which is why they aren't in my top 9. They still may not be as bad as some think though. I mean, who is the ninth best SEC team, A&M maybe? The 10th or 11th ACC squad could be better.

I like the SEC next year though. I think the conference has done a great job improving its profile, mainly because they have done a great job getting quality coaches. I watch a ton of SEC basketball.

Gonna shock some people. I love it how some are just counting us out. We do have a lot of question marks, but I trust Mack and I trust the guys buying into him (they are). They are getting strong and tough.

Gonna shock some people. I love it how some are just counting us out. We do have a lot of question marks, but I trust Mack and I trust the guys buying into him (they are). They are getting strong and tough.

I think Louisville could be a tournament team. Maybe a 9-11 seed. But I don’t see y’all finishing in the top 6 of the league. Gonna be brutal again.

I think Louisville could be a tournament team. Maybe a 9-11 seed. But I don’t see y’all finishing in the top 6 of the league. Gonna be brutal again.

We have plenty of challenges in the Non conference to help us get ready. Not sure where we'll be but we'll find out quick.

malik Williams should have a big year. can't believe how little he did last season. was a punk in game mackey. he'll be a good one

Just not a good coach behind him. Malik is a stretch 5. I'm not old enough to remember how Padgett played. I was a UK fan when I was young (unfortunately), but I've been a UofL fan since I was like 10 or so.

Malik was very raw with little muscle and toughness last year. So far, he's gotten a good amount of muscle on him and will hopefully like to play in the post more. He loved to shoot 3's last year. Of course he can hit them, but hope he plays kind of like Omari Spellman did and only take good 3's while mainly playing in the post and get boards/post shots. He'll be way better if he plays that way. Spellman from Nova was the perfect example of how Malik should play. He'll be headed to the NBA if he does. He has a ton of talent just needs to use it right. Was 4-5* #27 in his class. He was listed at just 200 lbs last year. Needs to be 220-225 imo

Disagree. NCState and Syracuse are going to be good. Syracuse at least. We're unpredictable, but I wouldn't count us out. Our guys are getting strong and apparently practicing very well. We've added another bench player today and will add another one next week to give us 11 players. I'd put us at 5-7 in ACC.
really?
not bashing UL, but you guys are not going to be very good
if you win 7 conference games then the ACC is in deep trouble

UL does not have one player that would start at UK, DUKE, KU, UNC, UVA and many many more schools

Last edited:
19 PPG looks good on paper, until you realize he has horrible shooting percentages and can't rebound or distribute either.

He's a SG, rebounding and distributing were not his job. He was basically the only scoring option on a team that really struggled to put scorers on the court. Of course his shooting numbers were going to suffer, he got all of the defense's attention.

Aside from returning everybody, Syracuse is adding a talented transfer, Elijah Hughes, and Jalen Carey at Guard. Frank and Tyus won't have to play 39.9 minutes per game anymore (another reason their efficiency suffered).

With Hughes on the court and Sidibe healthy, Syracuse will jump up from 2 scorers on the court to 5. The experience helps the zone more than people realize, too.

Cuse should be good. They're getting top 25 preseason votes by most.

Duke will most likely finish between 3rd and 6th. ACC has a lot of talent coming back and Duke will be trying to bring 5 freshman up to speed. I just don’t see any of them having the impact Bagley did last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT