ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s be real

Agree it’s wide open, but I doubt a true mid-major wins in my lifetime. Deck is just too stacked related to roster construction.

I think it's just as likely a team from a power league flying a little off the pace that wins it, though I do get what you're saying.

Maybe a team not carrying extremely top seed pressure just from having a top seed, but still has good players. Just get hot last two weeks and go with it.

Texas Tech/Nova/Michigan/AZ

I think it's just as likely a team from a power league flying a little off the pace that wins it, though I do get what you're saying.

Maybe a team not carrying extremely top seed pressure just from having a top seed, but still has good players. Just get hot last two weeks and go with it.

Texas Tech/Nova/Michigan/AZ
Arizona? RollLaugh

I have watched Arizona play 2 or 3 times this year. Mannion is really good, which is odd. He obviously suffers for inferior genetics and is somehow able to overcome that!

I watched them play the Zags pretty tough, but it was on their home floor and the Zags were clearly better. I mean they do have talent. Mannion does make other guys better. Put them in a bracket that falls apart and who knows. But they aren't a lock to make it (the NCAAs) I get it.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I have watched Arizona play 2 or 3 times this year. Mannion is really good, which is odd. He obviously suffers for inferior genetics and is somehow able to overcome that!
Hey f'r. I resemble that remark. Not the really good, but the odd inferior genetics.

Also, dicks. Lots of ‘em, per AU fans.

giphy.gif

Agreed, and it’s made for a phenomenal season.

I would agree with you if it was wide open because the field was playing up. This year it’s wide open because the teams at the top are playing down. It’s been a competitive, but sub-par product to watch this year. I’m hoping it leads to an exciting March Madness.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
This season has been great. With all the upsets (including UK) it’s made it a lot of fun. March Madness will be crazy!!! We’ll all have fun watching our teams in the big dance!

Little older, but close.

I claim 80s.

The question that begs asking, is how do you define a true mid-major? KB I'm sure was referencing the 1990 UNLV team. Guessing you don't see them as a true mid-major. Probably not Gonzaga, either? I could see the guy in my avatar going to the Final Four this year. I wouldn't say they have insanely high odds, but they're a capable bunch.

The question that begs asking, is how do you define a true mid-major? KB I'm sure was referencing the 1990 UNLV team. Guessing you don't see them as a true mid-major. Probably not Gonzaga, either? I could see the guy in my avatar going to the Final Four this year. I wouldn't say they have insanely high odds, but they're a capable bunch.
Yep, I was referencing UNLV. Like you said, though, depends how one defines mid-major. I guess technically we would say anyone outside the power conferences. However, I doubt many consider programs like Gonzaga and Butler as mid-majors anymore due to the recent history of consistent success, regardless of conference affiliation.

If you pick a number between 1-9. then multiply it by 9. If you have a double digit number add the two together. then subtract 5.

Now you have a new number. If you cross reference it to a letter. ie....a=1, b-2, c-3 etc, then you come up with a letter.

then think of a country that starts with that letter.

then think of the last letter of that country, and think of an animal that starts with that last letter.

no think of the color of that animal.

brown kangaroo anyone?

Yep, I was referencing UNLV. Like you said, though, depends how one defines mid-major. I guess technically we would say anyone outside the power conferences. However, I doubt many consider programs like Gonzaga and Butler as mid-majors anymore due to the recent history of consistent success, regardless of conference affiliation.
Seton Hall is a team that could get hot in March like we did last year. The Iowa St loss was bad, but they were competitive in their other losses.

Seton Hall is a team that could get hot in March like we did last year. The Iowa St loss was bad, but they were competitive in their other losses.
Yeah, I think some people pretty much dropped the Big East as a "power" conference in their opinions when the realignment happened. However, they have a solid argument as the best conference in basketball right now. 4 of the 10 teams in the top 25 and all teams well over .500 right now. I think they are the best from top to bottom.

Yeah, I think some people pretty much dropped the Big East as a "power" conference in their opinions when the realignment happened. However, they have a solid argument as the best conference in basketball right now. 4 of the 10 teams in the top 25 and all teams well over .500 right now. I think they are the best from top to bottom.
Agree, they have a legit argument for best top to bottom. Granted, there's not a lot of stand out teams this year and I staying away from "down year', but this could very well be the year of the mid major. I don't want to put Big East in that category, but...

I'd go
Big Ten
Big East
Big 12
(see a pattern)

ACC
SEC
Pac

Last edited:
You are correct. I shouldn’t have posted that. I haven’t been following much mid majors schools this year. I do like what I’m seeing from Travis Ford’s squad though. They’re young and I’m hoping he can make some noise this year and land a good job somewhere.

You are correct. I shouldn’t have posted that. I haven’t been following much mid majors schools this year. I do like what I’m seeing from Travis Ford’s squad though. They’re young and I’m hoping he can make some noise this year and land a good job somewhere.

I'm guessing you've never met him. He's a complete pretentious asshole. I remember him from all the way back and especially when he coached Campbellsville University. 100% dickhead.

I will shit on him every chance I get b/c I know him and his dad. Trust me when I say, they'll shit on everyone else in return.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlynAUround
I'm guessing you've never met him. He's a complete pretentious asshole. I remember him from all the way back and especially when he coached Campbellsville University. 100% dickhead.

I will shit on him every chance I get b/c I know him and his dad. Trust me when I say, they'll shit on everyone else in return.
I haven’t. I thought he was the only good coach out there under the Pitino tree that was good, but got screwed at OK St. because he couldn’t get it done in the dance (in which what have they done since?). I didn’t know he was a prick though. I know my aunt (who is a huge UK fan) doesn’t think much of him.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I haven’t. I thought he was the only good coach out there under the Pitino tree that was good, but got screwed at OK St. because he couldn’t get it done in the dance (in which what have they done since?). I didn’t know he was a prick though. I know my aunt (who is a huge UK fan) doesn’t think much of him.
I'm too tired to tell the stories, but yeah, I've witnessed his dickheadness first hand.

It all boils back to being just plain rude. I'm a UK fan, but a dickhead is a dickhead, even if he played for UK.

ADVERTISEMENT