ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s be real

If you pick a number between 1-9. then multiply it by 9. If you have a double digit number add the two together. then subtract 5.

Now you have a new number. If you cross reference it to a letter. ie....a=1, b-2, c-3 etc, then you come up with a letter.

then think of a country that starts with that letter.

then think of the last letter of that country, and think of an animal that starts with that last letter.

no think of the color of that animal.

brown kangaroo anyone?

Dude you just blew my mind.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I haven’t. I thought he was the only good coach out there under the Pitino tree that was good, but got screwed at OK St. because he couldn’t get it done in the dance (in which what have they done since?). I didn’t know he was a prick though. I know my aunt (who is a huge UK fan) doesn’t think much of him.

As far as Pitinos coaching tree,
mick Cronin, Billy Donovan, Kevin keates, Kevin Willard all > Travis ford
And it’s not even close. Not sure if Donovan ever was an assistant under Pitino or played for him though.

Reactions: FlynAUround
Damn an after a little google search Jeff van gundy, herb sendek, frank vogel, and Orlando Smith were all also assistants under Pitino at one time or another.

I just always heard that gingers don't have souls....
that's true. I dance to the 1st and 3rd beats.

81327662_10162695660490243_7534667866176487424_n.jpg

Last edited:
And it’s not even close. Not sure if Donovan ever was an assistant under Pitino or played for him though.
Donovan played for Pitino at Providence and was an assistant under Pitino at UK

Donovan played for Pitino at Providence and was an assistant under Pitino at UK
I have one of the original prints of "home court advantage". Apparently he painted more than one, anyway BD, Pitino, Bernadette, and Tubby are all hanging on my wall.

university-kentucky-wildcats-print_1_7fd8a2e93ff8784e01d442a605cfbe61.jpg

george-claxton-university-kentucky_1_fcf00a2af292c78ad11bedc3c9837d92.jpg

Wtf

Untitled.png

Last edited:
The question that begs asking, is how do you define a true mid-major? KB I'm sure was referencing the 1990 UNLV team. Guessing you don't see them as a true mid-major. Probably not Gonzaga, either? I could see the guy in my avatar going to the Final Four this year. I wouldn't say they have insanely high odds, but they're a capable bunch.

That’s a good question.

I was alive for many of the Tark golden years. I don’t remember them. Honestly, I barely remember Pitino at UK, though I’ve rewatched a lot of those 95-97 years once I got older.

When I think “mid major”, I think about it in the stereotypical sense, teams that by and large lack the talent and resources that high majors have, but may have great roster construction and coaching that make them good basketball teams - think Sister Jean’s Loyola squad, Shaka’s VCU Cinderella.

I forget the stat, but the correlation of having a first round prospect on your team and winning the natty is near 100% in the modern era. Thats not to say that mid majors wouldn’t have that, but it’s a high ‘barrier to entry’ for 90% of D1 programs.

There are some outliers. Gonzaga is the most obvious - and definitely not who I had in mind when I made the comment-, but Witchita State and Memphis are also others that collected high major, NBA talent and rosters in recent memory. All 3 had good chances to win, but taking less than a half dozen teams like that against the field still gives you a low probability.

Now that I’ve said this, Few will probably cut down the nets this year.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Bruh, do you ever sleep? Do you work? Live in mom's basement? You seem to be online 24/7. Laughing
If you pick a number between 1-9. then multiply it by 9. If you have a double digit number add the two together. then subtract 5.

Now you have a new number. If you cross reference it to a letter. ie....a=1, b-2, c-3 etc, then you come up with a letter.

then think of the last letter of that country, and think of an animal that starts with that last letter.

brown kangaroo anyone?
Kevin's post followed by lurker's post less than 1 minute later at 1:46 AM is perfect. Laughing

brown kangaroo anyone?
tenor.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This is the most wide open CBB has been i a long time. I have no clue who the eventual champion will be. Wouldn’t surprise me to see a Mid Major win it this season. Thoughts?
The eventual champion will likely be one of the top 3 KenPom teams when the dust settles at the end of the regular season.

I'd take Duke, KU, Baylor, Butler or MSU over the field.

The Kemba UConn team, the Napier UConn team and the Melo Cuse teams are the only exceptions.

The eventual champion will likely be one of the top 3 KenPom teams when the dust settles at the end of the regular season.

The Kemba UConn team, the Napier UConn team and the Melo Cuse teams are the only exceptions.

Looking the other way.I thought I was being smart by betting the field against three teams , and I ended up wearing a Grayson Allen avatar for a whole season. I Mean this in the nicest possible way. Go F^ck yourself.

I meant the ones that played for him at UK. Pelphrey and Masiello.

Really?

giphy.gif

Reactions: pyrrhicgorilla

Moving the goal posts I see. Don’t be surprised if you don’t see a 1 seed in the FF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT