ADVERTISEMENT

Laughing at Kentucky 😂

i was happy we drew auburn that year. after they lost Okeke i was pretty confident. But Cal played ultra conservative that entire tournament. We should have lost to houston if i’m being completely honest.
Yep, you guys got bailed out by Herro at the end. He came up clutch.

Answer: it is hard to beat a good team three times.

See: 1986 UK beat two really good teams twice in the SEC, beat one the third time and lost to a lesser LSU in the finals of the region. Why were three SEC teams in the same region? See answer below.

Question: Why was Auburn and Kentucky in the same region?
Answer: The NCAA selection committee is crooked as a dogs hind leg.
Lol unless ur conf only places 4 teams in the tourney, one region is guarenteed to have two teams from the same conference.

Man the ncaa really screwed over UK by putting Auburn in their region lmao.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Lol unless ur conf only places 4 teams in the tourney, one region is guarenteed to have two teams from the same conference.

Man the ncaa really screwed over UK by putting Auburn in their region lmao.
The point is that Auburn and UK were both high seeds. The SEC only have 5 teams in that year. The top four were in the top 20, Florida was 40. So my point is valid. Why were Auburn and Kentucky in the same region.

The other reference was that they had three highly seeded SEC teams in the same regional.

Sorry Villian your point is flawed.

Last edited:
The point is that Auburn and UK were both high seeds. The SEC only have 5 teams in that year. The top four were in the top 20, Florida was 40. So my point is valid. Why were Auburn and Kentucky in the same region.

The other reference was that they had three highly seeded SEC teams in the same regional.

Sorry Villian your point is flawed.
The other reference was decades ago, maybe they valued location more than seperating conf members. Idk wasnt even alive.

And again if 5 teams made it in 2019, one region had to have 2 teams. I highly doubt in a region with iirc ku and unc, the NCAA committee said to themselves, hmmmm i know how we can really stick it to UK, put Auburn in their region bc if Auburn can beat higher seeded KU and UNC they will get to play UK again and uk already beat them twice so no way they can beat them three times. Sorry man thats just laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT