ADVERTISEMENT

Knicks hire World Wide Wes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...memphis-revisited-in-coach-cal-30-for-30/amp/

As the documentary reminds us, there were numerous red flags surrounding the Derrick Rose SAT. He took it in Detroit for some reason, and right after ward he was at a Pistons playoff game where William Wesley, a.k.a. World Wide Wes was “running the show.”

You forgot this part of that article.

“The NCAA never even attempted to prove that Derrick Rose cheated on the SAT, nor did they ever even bother to try and verify that Memphis knew about any supposed malfeasance. While there were plenty of reason for doubt regarding the Derrick Rose SAT score, the NCAA acted as sole judge, jury and executioner, without even bothering to give Memphis a trial to begin with.”

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Do you have a link to "Rose being with www at the pistons game the day after he took the test"? tia, but I curious if you can find any link anywhere besides homersites/message boards.

It was never proven Rose didn't take/cheated on the test btw. *Memphis fans are still pissed about that....and Rose for not cooperating with the NCAA (who cleared Rose twice (before and during the season)). Since Rose didn't bother, UM games were vacated.

Local Memphis fans share your hate for UK and Calipari, but they would disagree with you on your opinion.

Tubby didn't have the off court issues at UK like he did in Memphis as well. That in itself should tell you something.

Sorry I’m not following what opinion Memphis fans wouldn’t agree with???

Im also not sure what kind of off the court issues Tubby had at Memphis besides not getting along with the Lawson brothers., I’m not denying he had any, I just don’t remember what they were. But I also don’t remember him catching any flack for keeping players on the team who were involved in domestic violence or handing down an indefinite suspension for domestic violence that only lasted 1 game bc their was only one game left until the conference tourney started. Or any of Tubbys players initially reporting to the police that 40k worth of fur coats were stolen after the players dorm or whatever they call it was broken into.

But even so, nothing like that has happened during Cals tenure at UK, so I can definitely understand why UK fans wouldn’t care. I’m just simply pointing out that there was a reason Cal had a bad reputation and people that are very plugged into the college basketball scene “couldn’t respect the way Cal ran his program” at Memphis, ala Matt Jones, and it had nothing to do with the Rose or Camby ordeal. Hell that jewel by jones was before any of the Rose stuff came out anyways.

I do agree with the premise that if Memphis was landing a lot of players from the city of Memphis it’s not surprising that some would get in legal trouble since they stayed in the city and likely had life long friends there that were bad influences, regardless of who the HC is/was. That totally makes sense If that was the point you were trying to make.

And it adds up, as again Cal hasn’t really had any kind of issues like at UK, period. Hell id say the only things that were even questionable in his UK tenure were Bledsoe’s grades, the AD story that got quickly pulled, and Hagans flashing his shoebox money on social media. And btw I was just guessing on the amount, assuming it wasn’t a bunch of 1s based on the size of the wads in his hands it was definitely more than just a couple thousand (unless of course it was fake money lmao like kids flex on social media with fake money, or that counterfeit money is easy to get ur hands on and not extremely illegal). That’s about as believable as LSU fans claiming OBJ was passing out fake money at the national championship game lol.

And as far as Rose cheating on his act, it would have been very easy for him to prove he didn’t cheat if he would have chosen to cooperate. Conversely it would have been very easy to prove that he did cheat if he did and would have cooperated. I kinda feel like anyone being accused of something they didn’t do would do anything in their power to prove their innocence but I obv don’t know D Rose so who knows. Guess anyone can believe whatever they want as far as that goes.

“The NCAA never even attempted to prove that Derrick Rose cheated on the SAT, nor did they ever even bother to try and verify that Memphis knew about any supposed malfeasance. While there were plenty of reason for doubt regarding the Derrick Rose SAT score, the NCAA acted as sole judge, jury and executioner, without even bothering to give Memphis a trial to begin with.”
The NCAA didn’t have to prove anything because Rose refused to cooperate or speak to them.

Doesn’t it say it was in Cals 30 for 30 on ESPN?
I’ve never seen it so I couldn’t tell you.
I’m not digging for any more links, you’re not going to admit it happened no matter what site I link.

Gotta love it when the truth seekers demand a link to believe what’s common knowledge at this point, then when you give em one the site is not good enough to be believed lol.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Gotta love it when the truth seekers demand a link to believe what’s common knowledge at this point, then when you give em one the site is not good enough to be believed lol.
I just asked for a link. I went back and just watched the part on 30 for 30 and its it was reported he was at the game, not with www, but it was reported he attended a Piston game.

And everyone asks for links sometimes.

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com/derrick-rose-lied-world-will-never-pay-price/

Derrick Rose failed the SATs three times in Chicago, while attempting to validate a score for himself that would have made him eligible to play basketball at Memphis. For his 4th try, he went to Detroit to take the test, but was seen at a Pistons playoff game with William Wesely, right after the test was over. Wesley, who is one of the biggest powerbrokers in the NBA, is based out of Detroit and he led Derrick Rose into John Calipari’s arms at Memphis.

Ya I know, this link isn’t good enough either.

Reactions: Villian07
Sorry I’m not following what opinion Memphis fans wouldn’t agree with???

Im also not sure what kind of off the court issues Tubby had at Memphis besides not getting along with the Lawson brothers., I’m not denying he had any, I just don’t remember what they were. But I also don’t remember him catching any flack for keeping players on the team who were involved in domestic violence or handing down an indefinite suspension for domestic violence that only lasted 1 game bc their was only one game left until the conference tourney started. Or any of Tubbys players initially reporting to the police that 40k worth of fur coats were stolen after the players dorm or whatever they call it was broken into.

Did you stop following Memphis after Calipari left?

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com/derrick-rose-lied-world-will-never-pay-price/

Derrick Rose failed the SATs three times in Chicago, while attempting to validate a score for himself that would have made him eligible to play basketball at Memphis. For his 4th try, he went to Detroit to take the test, but was seen at a Pistons playoff game with William Wesely, right after the test was over. Wesley, who is one of the biggest powerbrokers in the NBA, is based out of Detroit and he led Derrick Rose into John Calipari’s arms at Memphis.

Ya I know, this link isn’t good enough either.
He actually "failed" (you can't fail a ACT or SAT) the ACT 3 times in Chicago and had a high enough score on the SAT.

"The player in the report was accused of having another person take his SAT so he would be eligible to play at Memphis. He had failed the ACT on three occasions in Rose's hometown of Chicago, but the SAT was taken in Detroit, the report said."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2009-08-21-0908210085-story.html

Last edited:
Don’t know... don’t care but his ass was at a Pistons game with WWW
Again, It doesn't say anywhere he was "with WWW". The 30 for 30 documentary didn't I've not seen any links saying he was.

But again, it's all speculation WWW had anything to do with Rose SAT.

Rose took the test in Detroit and went to a game, got cleared, and then didn't cooperate with the NCAA. (which none of this has anything to do with the thread).

The NCAA didn’t have to prove anything because Rose refused to cooperate or speak to them.
Well that sounds familiar.
img20290131.jpg

Again, It doesn't say anywhere he was "with WWW". The 30 for 30 documentary didn't I've not seen any links saying he was.

But again, it's all speculation WWW had anything to do with Rose SAT.

Rose took the test in Detroit and went to a game, got cleared, and then didn't cooperate with the NCAA. (which none of this has anything to do with the thread).

let’s try this one more time , from the link above :
For his 4th try, he went to Detroit to take the test, but was seen at a Pistons playoff game with William Wesely, right after the test was over.

let’s try this one more time , from the link above :
For his 4th try, he went to Detroit to take the test, but was seen at a Pistons playoff game with William Wesely, right after the test was over.
OK, lets say he was. He had ties with WWW prior to Calipari/UM (mentioned in the 30 for 30). Still doesn't mean he didn't take the test or WWW set something up. It's speculation to assume he did and no need arguing someone's opinion.

Andy Katz said it's nothing but speculation.

OK, lets say he was. He had ties with WWW prior to Calipari/UM (mentioned in the 30 for 30). Still doesn't mean he didn't take the test or WWW set something up. It's speculation to assume he did and no need arguing someone's opinion.
Sure it makes sense for a poor kid from the ghetto of Chicago to fail his SAT 3 times in his hometown only to get the money to travel to Detroit where he magically passes & ends up at a Pistons playoff game.
Yep it all seems logical, no clue why he wouldn’t talk to the NCAA to straighten all that out.

Sure it makes sense for a poor kid from the ghetto of Chicago to fail his SAT 3 times in his hometown only to get the money to travel to Detroit where he magically passes & ends up at a Pistons playoff game.
Yep it all seems logical, no clue why he wouldn’t talk to the NCAA to straighten all that out.
Like I said, it may not look good, but it's still just speculation.

Thanks for the first link btw. I forgot how good Calipari's 30 for 30 was.

Did you stop following Memphis after Calipari left?

I stopped following them when Louisville got to the Big East and they weren’t in our conference anymore, plus they started sucking and became irrelevant under pastner and tubby. But Memphis and Cincy were our two biggest conference rivals back in the CUSA days.

So yea I guess all that happened when Cal left. Which granted I did my hw on cal when he became Louisville’s in state rivals/masters coach, the same way UK fans did when he became the UK coach.

Last edited:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...memphis-revisited-in-coach-cal-30-for-30/amp/

As the documentary reminds us, there were numerous red flags surrounding the Derrick Rose SAT. He took it in Detroit for some reason, and right after ward he was at a Pistons playoff game where William Wesley, a.k.a. World Wide Wes was “running the show.”

I've never heard of "The sports Bank" blog before, and it doesn't say Rose was with www.

Any other link...from a reputable site?

Is this the funniest shit ever or what?Laughing Remember when I posted a link with a NCAA guy saying Cal was cleared but Sugar Tits said he wouldn’t read it because of who wrote the story but he wants us to read something buy “The Sports Bank”LaughingLaughing. I read it Shugs and all it really says is that Rose was never found guilty of cheating on his test.

And there’s that also!

Prolly the same reason UNc players wouldn’t provide transcripts you think?

Like I said, it may not look good, but it's still just speculation.

Thanks for the first link btw. I forgot how good Calipari's 30 for 30 was.

True, but innocent people tend to want to cooperate to clear their name, as opposed to being assumed guilty bc they refused to cooperate.

But who really knows, like I said earlier what really happened still hasn’t come out and likely never will. But regardless it’s pretty much all moot at this point. Memphis has to vacate, cal was cleared, and everyone involved has moved on to bigger and better things.

Prolly the same reason UNc players wouldn’t provide transcripts you think?
UNC players were never asked to provide transcripts, not sure what the hell you’re talking about but that’s normal.

Last edited:
So can we consider strippergate speculation as well, since everyone involved refused to cooperate with the ncaa and were just assumed guilty, not proven guilty.

The ones that did cooperate were cleared (bc they weren’t involved and had nothing to hide), the ones that didn’t were assumed guilty and ruled ineligible and banned by Louisville from being around program.

Guess the whole scandal is all here say and speculation as well since the ncaa didn’t actually prove that any of the players that didn’t cooperate were guilty or in attendance?

Thats pure sarcasm by the way but it makes about as much sense as saying the D Rose scandal is all speculation bc the ncaa didn’t “prove him guilty”

So can we consider strippergate speculation as well, since everyone involved refused to cooperate with the ncaa and were just assumed guilty, not proven guilty.

The ones that did cooperate were cleared (bc they weren’t involved and had nothing to hide), the ones that didn’t were assumed guilty and ruled ineligible and banned by Louisville from being around program.

Guess the whole scandal is all here say and speculation as well since the ncaa didn’t actually prove that any of the players that didn’t cooperate were guilty or in attendance?

Thats pure sarcasm by the way but it makes about as much sense as saying the D Rose scandal is all speculation bc the ncaa didn’t “prove him guilty”

Sure, if not for the pictures. ;)

Also, send Andy Katz a twitter response as he said it was all speculation.

You are really slow. Don’t forget your helmet

Why the hell would he care? He was long gone. They couldn’t do a damned thing to him personally. Rashad McCants cooperated and look where it got him.
Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
The NCAA asked McCants to come speak with them about his accusations & he refused.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Why the hell would he care? He was long gone. They couldn’t do a damned thing to him personally. Rashad McCants cooperated and look where it got him.
I mean, call me crazy...But I'd care if the school/coach that recruited me , gave me an opportunity to play CBB, could face sanctions if I didn't cooperate...Not to mention, well, I wouldn't want my name "tainted". ....

The score was invalidated....Rose was given multiple opportunities to cooperate. He did not. SO the NCAA kept his score invalid. THus making him ineligible. Its really not that hard to figure out..

Reactions: AWilli6995
True, but innocent people tend to want to cooperate to clear their name, as opposed to being assumed guilty bc they refused to cooperate.

But who really knows, like I said earlier what really happened still hasn’t come out and likely never will. But regardless it’s pretty much all moot at this point. Memphis has to vacate, cal was cleared, and everyone involved has moved on to bigger and better things.

the street has a saying
if you are innocent "keep your mouth shut"
if you are guilty "keep your damn mouth shut"

he was going to become a millionaire, do you really think he cared what the NCAA or rival fans thought

you sound like "Q" when he was saying the same thing
then his tone changed when the Lance Thomas situation came up (amazing how that works)

I mean, call me crazy...But I'd care if the school/coach that recruited me , gave me an opportunity to play CBB, could face sanctions if I didn't cooperate...Not to mention, well, I wouldn't want my name "tainted". ....

The score was invalidated....Rose was given multiple opportunities to cooperate. He did not. SO the NCAA kept his score invalid. THus making him ineligible. Its really not that hard to figure out..

Cal told him to concentrate on his career and do what he felt was best. He didn’t alienate anybody.

And ineligible. After being declared eligible. Twice. Can’t say as I blame him.

Cal told him to concentrate on his career and do what he felt was best. He didn’t alienate anybody.

And ineligible. After being declared eligible. Twice. Can’t say as I blame him.

That’s the one thing that’s so weird to me. I get the ncaa initially ruled him eligible, but why did they have to or decide to rule him eligible twice? Seems very redundant, but it is the NCAA we are talking about.

But seriously I’ve never heard of the ncaa ever clearing any other player twice, just seems odd. I could understand if they initially ruled him eligible then went back and decided he was ineligible, but the whole initially ruled him eligible twice confuses me.

And I don’t really blame Rose for not cooperating with the NCAA either, as he was already in the NBA, but at the same time I don’t understand why he wouldn’t want to clear his name and validate his teams accomplishments that year if he did indeed get the qualifying score on his own. But again the ncaa has set the precedent that if you choose not to cooperate you will be considered guilty, regardless. It’s pretty much the only way they can get anyone who is no longer under the ncaa umbrella to cooperate with any investigation.

I wonder if Memphis would have won the title if Rose would have cooperated, as there’s obv a big difference in vacating a title as opposed to a Final Four.

Last edited:
Turns out the ncaa ruled dozier eligible twice as well. I was trying to see how common it was for the ncaa to rule a player eligible twice.

Georgia actually made Dozier retake his SAT bc they didn’t believe he got a qualifying grade, and he retook the test and got less than half of the score of the test that made him qualified.

Makes me think this is probably more common than I realized, bc high profile recruits being academically ineligible for college admission seems to be a thing of the past. I can’t even remember the last time a top tier recruit was deemed academically ineligible for D1

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That’s the one thing that’s so weird to me. I get the ncaa initially ruled him eligible, but why did they have to or decide to rule him eligible twice? Seems very redundant, but it is the NCAA we are talking about.

But seriously I’ve never heard of the ncaa ever clearing any other player twice, just seems odd. I could understand if they initially ruled him eligible then went back and decided he was ineligible, but the whole initially ruled him eligible twice confuses me.

And I don’t really blame Rose for not cooperating with the NCAA either, as he was already in the NBA, but at the same time I don’t understand why he wouldn’t want to clear his name and validate his teams accomplishments that year if he did indeed get the qualifying score on his own. But again the ncaa has set the precedent that if you choose not to cooperate you will be considered guilty, regardless. It’s pretty much the only way they can get anyone who is no longer under the ncaa umbrella to cooperate with any investigation.

I wonder if Memphis would have won the title if Rose would have cooperated, as there’s obv a big difference in vacating a title as opposed to a Final Four.

then there would have been something worth fighting for

Reactions: Villian07
ADVERTISEMENT