ADVERTISEMENT

Knicks hire World Wide Wes

Calipari to the knicks is the obvious rumor we are sure to hear somewhere along the line.

I can see why an NBA team like the knicks might want to take a chance on Calipari despite his stint with the nets way back when not going so well, bc the NBA has become about as much about recruiting as college ball. Not to mention he has seemingly 100 former players in the league.

And while obv coaching the Knicks would be alluring bc of their “brand power” and coaching in NYC and MSG, I doubt Calipari has any interest in leaving UK. I mean he’s got it made in Lexington, lifetime contract, a passionate fan base that eats up his every word, and recruiting prowess where he is yearly fielding teams that outclass nearly everyone in the nation talent wise in a conference that while improved, doesn’t have other top tier programs that annually challenge UK.

The only way I see Cal leaving is if it’s just an ego thing regarding bringing the knicks back to prominence and becoming the king of NYC as opposed to the king of Lexington, or for some reason the ncaa comes knocking. But personally I don’t see either one happening. Unless he just wants to try to become even more famous, I don’t see him leaving UK, and honestly despite my disdain for UK, I think it would be a foolish move on his part if he did leave.

Calipari to the knicks is the obvious rumor we are sure to hear somewhere along the line.

I can see why an NBA team like the knicks might want to take a chance on Calipari despite his stint with the nets way back when not going so well, bc the NBA has become about as much about recruiting as college ball. Not to mention he has seemingly 100 former players in the league.

And while obv coaching the Knicks would be alluring bc of their “brand power” and coaching in NYC and MSG, I doubt Calipari has any interest in leaving UK. I mean he’s got it made in Lexington, lifetime contract, a passionate fan base that eats up his every word, and recruiting prowess where he is yearly fielding teams that outclass nearly everyone in the nation talent wise in a conference that while improved, doesn’t have other top tier programs that annually challenge UK.

The only way I see Cal leaving is if it’s just an ego thing regarding bringing the knicks back to prominence and becoming the king of NYC as opposed to the king of Lexington, or for some reason the ncaa comes knocking. But personally I don’t see either one happening. Unless he just wants to try to become even more famous, I don’t see him leaving UK, and honestly despite my disdain for UK, I think it would be a foolish move on his part if he did leave.

"...eat up his every word"?

I disagree with his view of/lack of using zone defense. I haven't agreed with every recruit he's pursued vs every recruit he's backed off of.
Not sure you needed to put that in your post, considering what I've said above and how much U6 fans love to quote him.

I disagree with his view of/lack of using zone defense. I haven't agreed with every recruit he's pursued vs every recruit he's backed off of.
Not sure you needed to put that in your post, considering what I've said above and how much U6 fans love to quote him.

Maybe not EVERY fan, but most do, even when it’s blatant bullshit like the whole draft night comment. Or when he says stuff like UNC doesn’t want to beat us they want to be us, etc. When he has a knack for saying such ridiculous things it’s hard not to remember some of his quotes.

I guess i meant it’s more of a perfect match, arrogant ass coach for an arrogant ass fan base.

Besides I was pretty complimentary in my first post, not suprising you picked out one thing and made it into a slight against uk/cal or ur fan base.

Yea I think his first few years fans loved the way he was outspoken and loud but it got old. I’ve heard several UK fans say he’s annoying....I agree!

Maybe not EVERY fan, but most do, even when it’s blatant bullshit like the whole draft night comment.
Yeah right. Do you know how many people that pissed off, and still pisses off? He faced crazy backlash for that.

“Unless the NCAA comes knocking”. From a Louisville fan. You can’t make this shit up.

I was just saying he has a history of bolting when the ncaa investigates his program, not that there’s any smoking gun that says they will.

looking at the landscape of college hoops the ncaa could probably find a reason to punish any school they came looking at, not that I think they are looking at UK or anything

I know you think UK is above playing the shoe company game, but ignorance is bliss. I’m sure duke fans thought the same thing until the zion shit hit the fan.

Last edited:
Yea I think his first few years fans loved the way he was outspoken and loud but it got old. I’ve heard several UK fans say he’s annoying....I agree!

touche but how much of that is based on the fact he’s not been in the FF every year or every other year like he was the first few years?

I honestly doubt they will miss a beat. I certainly don’t expect the ncaa to do anything to them.

Hell all the stuff zions family got their recruiting might improve lol

I have to agree with this...All his, "we are the needle, the gold standard, etc, etc....Was well accpeted when he arrived...BUt now? Not so much. My brother and my wife constantly get aggravated with this...My bruh is like, Dude, shut the fcuk up...Laughing

I was just saying he has a history of bolting when the ncaa investigates his program, not that there’s any smoking gun that says they will.
Probably had nothing to do with the fact that he was moving up the professional ladder though, right? Who would stay at Umass if they were offered an NBA head coaching job? Same for Memphis/UK.

I have to agree with this...All his, "we are the needle, the gold standard, etc, etc....Was well accpeted when he arrived...BUt now? Not so much. My brother and my wife constantly get aggravated with this...My bruh is like, Dude, shut the fcuk up...Laughing
I still wouldn't trade him for anyone else.

And I actually like his outspokenness.

Probably had nothing to do with the fact that he was moving up the professional ladder though, right? Who would stay at Umass if they were offered an NBA head coaching job? Same for Memphis/UK.
Most everyone has heard the story of him coming home after Tubby quit UK and asking Ellen if UK has called. Or, he's said on record many times wanting to coach UK after seeing them play in Alaska and the turnout by UK fans.

There was no scandal then. But, yeah, he left Memphis for UK because he was running. o_O

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

looking at the landscape of college hoops the ncaa could probably find a reason to punish any school they came looking at, not that I think they are looking at UK or anything

I know you think UK is above playing the shoe company game, but ignorance is bliss. I’m sure duke fans thought the same thing until the zion shit hit the fan.

You don’t know what I think. But here’s what I know...your team is staring down the barrel of the NCAA gun AGAIN and you’re in here implying (hoping) UK gets caught up in something. How bout we deal in knowns and not unknowns? And we know UL cheats.

You don’t know what I think. But here’s what I know...your team is staring down the barrel of the NCAA gun AGAIN and you’re in here implying (hoping) UK gets caught up in something. How bout we deal in knowns and not unknowns? And we know UL cheats.
I'll never get tired of laughing about some UL fans telling UK fans to hang the banners with velcro when we hired Calipari.

Yea that’s a very valid point. Guess it was more or a coincidental thing than he was trying to get out of dodge. Especially since he was personally cleared in both instances.

I do feel like he could have left Memphis earlier for a more high profile job If he wanted to, but he held out and ended up with arguably the most prestigious job in college hoops. Plus Memphis has some history and isn’t quite a mid major.

I'll never get tired of laughing about some UL fans telling UK fans to hang the banners with velcro when we hired Calipari.

So no UK fans thought Cal was dirty before he came to UK? Hell the most plugged in UK fan on the planet thought so. And it’s also why Calipari didn’t get a sniff from UK when they hired Gillespie, despite cal having a much better resume.

But ur absolutely right, you could have taken everything i own if you had bet me Louisville with Pitino would get caught up with Adidas paying players before Cal did at UK with Nike. But I was dead wrong.

Last edited:

I wasn’t implying anything except Cal left both his previous schools amidst NCAA investigations, which is why I said that is the only way I see him leaving UK for the Knicks or anyone else. But after looking at the career path angle, it made since for him to leave regardless of the ncaa investigations.

But if you wanna get down to it, former Nike executive Merl Code saying that’s how the Nike schools do it too, and mentioned all the most prestigious Nike programs when talking about Adidas pay for play scheme not knowing he was being wire tapped, as well as current Nike exec texting Kenny Payne that they had to pay 38/40 aau teams to keep kids on the team, as well as former uk player saying you get whatever u want at UK, as well as a player posing with 20-30k in a shoebox during the season leads me to believe it’s highly probable there have been players at UK who should have been ineligible, as well as every other annual contender. But it doesn’t prove anything and it doesn’t really even matter if the the NCAA interested.

But your more than welcome to your opinion that every single year 3-4 burger boys (or more) turn down six figures from Dozens of schools now proven to have been paying players just for the chance to play at UK for free. We aren’t gonna talk through this and change each others mind, and I understand that.

Last edited:
Yea that’s a very valid point. Guess it was more or a coincidental thing than he was trying to get out of dodge. Especially since he was personally cleared in both instances.

I do feel like he could have left Memphis earlier for a more high profile job If he wanted to, but he held out and ended up with arguably the most prestigious job in college hoops. Plus Memphis has some history and isn’t quite a mid major.
He was hoping UK was going to call before they hired Gillispie, and I wish they would have. Laughing No idea why, but UK hired a search firm when they got Gillispie. He looked good on paper though, and had orchestrated two of the biggest single season turnarounds in NCAA history at UTEP and A&M. But after the debacle he was at UK the president and AD took matters into their own hands for the next hire.

I wasn’t implying anything except Cal left both his previous schools amidst NCAA investigations, which is why I said that is the only way I see him leaving UK for the Knicks or anyone else. But after looking at the career path angle, it made since for him to leave regardless of the ncaa investigations.

But if you wanna get down to it, former Nike executive Merl Code saying that’s how the Nike schools do it too, and mentioned all the most prestigious Nike programs when talking about Adidas pay for play scheme not knowing he was being wire tapped, as well as current Nike exec texting Kenny Payne that they had to pay 38/40 aau teams to keep kids on the team, as well as former uk player saying you get whatever u want at UK, as well as a player posing with 20-30k in a shoebox during the season leads me to believe it’s highly probable there have been players at UK who should have been ineligible. But it doesn’t prove anything and it doesn’t really even matter if the the NCAA interested.

But your more than welcome to your opinion that every single year 3-4 burger boys (or more) turn down six figures from Dozens of schools now proven to have been paying players just for the chance to play at UK for free. We aren’t gonna talk through this and change each others mind, and I understand that.

You’re either a child or an imbecile. That rambling post had more deflections than anything of substance. And for the record, nobody in Kentucky gives two shits what happened at Memphis or UMass. Get back with us when he gets caught up in some shit at UK. Until then I’d leave your daydreams about what “might” be happening in Lexington out of any substantial conversation because your jealousy bone is showing. Good luck with your next set of sanctions.

Bull shit, numerous UK fans thought Cal was as dirty as they come before he got to UK. Ask Matt Jones he knows the truth on that matter.

Not to mention the threads on rafters when UK was looking for a coach and settled on Gillespie. Some one would mention Cal as a potential coach and then get railed on by fellow uk fans about how UK wanted no part of his shadiness.

Last edited:
Most everyone has heard the story of him coming home after Tubby quit UK and asking Ellen if UK has called. Or, he's said on record many times wanting to coach UK after seeing them play in Alaska and the turnout by UK fans.

There was no scandal then. But, yeah, he left Memphis for UK because he was running. o_O

Ur right he made no qualms about UK being his dream job. But why wasn’t UK interested in him when tubby quit. He was far more accomplished that Gillespie.

You’re either a child or an imbecile. That rambling post had more deflections than anything of substance. And for the record, nobody in Kentucky gives two shits what happened at Memphis or UMass. Get back with us when he gets caught up in some shit at UK. Until then I’d leave your daydreams about what “might” be happening in Lexington out of any substantial conversation because your jealousy bone is showing. Good luck with your next set of sanctions.

There isn’t any might to it, unless all of UKs players from the Nike aau circuit played for the two teams that Nike didn’t have to pay “small ransoms” to keep the players on the teams, they received benefits that should have made them ineligible.

But it’s been made clear by Sean Miller and will wade still being employed that the NCAA has no interest in going after Nike, despite the fact the represent like 85% of ncaa schools. They and the fbi would obv rather stick it to Adidas.

Same reason Duke will skate despite the zion shit, and the bagley shit before him, and maggette and Thomas and on and on.

There isn’t any might to it, unless all of UKs players from the Nike aau circuit played for the two teams that Nike didn’t have to pay “small ransoms” to keep the players on the teams, they received benefits that should have made them ineligible.

But it’s been made clear by Sean Miller and will wade still being employed that the NCAA has no interest in going after Nike, despite the fact the represent like 85% of ncaa schools. They and the fbi would obv rather stick it to Adidas.

Same reason Duke will skate despite the zion shit, and the bagley shit before him, and maggette and Thomas and on and on.
Arizona and LSU are currently under investigation. They just haven't received a notice of allegations yet. It isn't like the NCAA let them off the hook. They are going to get hammered.

The ONLY thing I’m jealous of UK about is the check mark on ur jerseys. I wish Louisville was a Nike school as well and we wouldn’t be in the mess we are currently in.

Arizona and LSU are currently under investigation. They just haven't received a notice of allegations yet. It isn't like the NCAA let them off the hook. They are going to get hammered.

What exactly is there to investigate. Their coaches are on a wire tap discussing paying players. How much more proof could the ncaa possibly need to see.

What exactly is there to investigate. Their coaches are on a wire tap discussing paying players. How much more proof could the ncaa possibly need to see.
I would expect them to do a thorough investigation and that can take a very long time, as we know. Depends how deep they dive and what time frame they investigate. Obviously, if they have them on tape discussing what they did, they want to make sure they uncover as much wrongdoing as possible, not just go with what they already know. These things don't happen overnight.

I agree, I just find it ludicrous that they are currentlygoing after Kansas, when Miller and wade were far more egregious in their actions. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

How about the Nike/duke/zion stuff? You think the ncaa is gonna investigate them when it’s become pretty obvious he and his family were compensated by someone.

There isn’t any might to it, unless all of UKs players from the Nike aau circuit played for the two teams that Nike didn’t have to pay “small ransoms” to keep the players on the teams, they received benefits that should have made them

You can suspect all you want. Fact is you don’t know shit. Your trashy ass school got popped and is now known for hookers and pay for play. So you desperately want others (mainly UK) to be guilty so you can feel better about the situation. It’s a common theme; those that get caught want to point fingers and claim everybody does it. Maybe they do. Maybe some do it better than others. As for now, we can deal with the known cheaters as opposed to the unknown cheaters. And UL tops that list.

Reactions: JC for 3
…..a lot of posts in this thread backing up my point: As far as all things UK are concerned, U6 fans stay tuned in...maybe moreso than they do their own program.

Reactions: RipThru
All the posts are from me, and it’s nothing I haven’t posted in numerous other posts.

Of course I stay tuned in to our in state rival when I’m surrounded by nothing but UK fans (if we can even be considered rivals since we haven’t been holding up our end of the rivalry for quite some time)

But by all means keep deflecting to this instead of addressing the point that everything I’ve mentioned itt is an absolute fact, and keep calling it speculation.

ADVERTISEMENT