ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v Louisville 2020

Kentucky was +4.5....DERP!
tenor.gif

Thought I’d seen a lower line.

Good thing L-Ville shit themselves repeatedly in the last few min.

Oh well, at least I won $260 on this game. 😤

Lmao I lost like 150 in all And that’s after winning 75 on the spread. I had like 225 on the ML through various live bets and 100 on the ML before the game.

I ALWAYS bet uk against Louisville and it’s been quite profitable the last decade unfortunately.

Glad the spread was so high, I was actually surprised figured it would be around 1.5-2.5 pts.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Thought I’d seen a lower line.

Good thing L-Ville shit themselves repeatedly in the last few min.
Depends on the sports book and when the bet it made. One book might have a line at -3.5 and it can be -4.5 somewhere else at the same time. Lines are always changing based on the bets coming in. The goal of the book is to get equal money on both teams, and they win on the juice.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
The biggest lead was 7. No one really shit themselves. A majority of the game was between 1-5 points. Didn’t Kansas only win by 3 also?
Yeah, the game stayed within 3 one way or the other the vast majority of the game.

Reactions: UL_1986
he wasn’t that good at Wake and his previous coach was fired. I’m not sure what Kentucky fans were hoping far?

He was pretty dang solid at wake, but he was option 1-3 on offense. Bryant Crawford was a nice guard for wake last year as well but besides those two wake had next to nothing.

Blackshear was eerily just as inconsistent as Sarr last year at Florida after playing very well his entire career at Vtech.

Funny (sad) thing is - I don't see any quick fix for Kentucky Basketball.

As bad as this team is (and it's really bad) - it's core will go to the NBA, or the Fort Wayne Mad Ants or whatever.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
He was pretty dang solid at wake, but he was option 1-3 on offense. Bryant Crawford was a nice guard for wake last year as well but besides those two wake had next to nothing.

Blackshear was eerily just as inconsistent as Sarr last year at Florida after playing very well his entire career at Vtech.
Exactly, he was their whole offense, and he was usually the focus of opposing defenses.

Reactions: Villian07
Funny (sad) thing is - I don't see any quick fix for Kentucky Basketball.

As bad as this team is (and it's really bad) - it's core will go to the NBA, or the Fort Wayne Mad Ants or whatever.
Cal isn't going to change. I'm done with him. He needs to go. I don't give a shit how crazy saying it may make me look to some folks. I'd be happy for him to get his swagger back and return to being hungry, but he's gotten fat and complacent and worst of all, arrogant with us instead of other teams and fan bases. He's feeling the heat and just doubling down instead of fixing shit. Said he was just "out there having fun today" and it "wasn't a must win game." I'm just over his bullshit. I'm done with him.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Yeah, the game stayed within 3 one way or the other the vast majority of the game.

Yea but we got up 7 with like under 4 iirc. I thought there was a terrible call on Louisville where it appeared Boston pushed the guy blocking him out out of bounds and then Boston got fouled when he got the board. 4 pt swing that I thought was gonna cost us in the end.

But admittedly I never saw a replay so Boston might not have even pushed off, dude might have just jumped to early or misread the way the ball was gonna come off the rim.

Also the travel on withers was infuriating. He was seemingly wide open, go up and dunk. Our young big guys seemed more scared of getting their shot block than putting the ball in the hole.

UKs a lot better than 1-6. They have the pieces it’s just a question of whether cal can get them to bring it together.

I know we can play the what if game to the moon and back but if Clarke and Sarr played even slightly below average instead of just flat out terrible, UK probly wins this game. Granted Davis and Withers played terrible as well smh.

Both teams are super young and I expect both to improve a great deal in conference play.

As far as “looking good”, a wins a win, esp in a rivalry game that seems to always work 1 of 2 ways. We either get our doors blown off by 20 plus or it’s a close game (prob more blowouts if we are keeping count smh)

Just happy to get the win. Like I said record be damned, UK will be in the tourney. I expect them to be right with UF (unless johnson comes back), LSU, Bama, all fighting for second in the sec imo.

Tenn has been good early and UF looked good when johnson was playing, but no one else in the sec is esp scary imo.

And I’m not meaning to shit on the sec just calling it like I see it. Just like right now no one in the ACC looks especially scary. FSU and UVA are probably the class of the conference but beyond that between Louisville/unc/duke/Clemson/gtech/vtech, it will be very interesting to see who emerges from the second tier in the acc, or if uva and FSU proves to be in a tier of their own (same for Tenn)

That's hanging on to win, not shitting the bed. When a UK fan is defending a UofL fan's statement, you might want to consider you could be wrong.

And what would it be if that shot doesn’t rim out?

If they don’t turn it over several times, they probably push the lead to double digits and don’t have to rely on luck.

Exactly, he was their whole offense, and he was usually the focus of opposing defenses.

Exactly on him being the whole offense, with annunlimited leash if he missed a few shots in a row, or took bad shots, or TOS. At Wake He only went to the bench for rest and foul trouble. But Being the focus of opposing defenses would seem like a bad thing for him at wake, where at UK he is not the only offensive option.

It’s totally understandable tha Sarr wasn’t gonna come to UK and match his numbers at wake, but it isn’t crazy to expect him to be at least similar in his efficiency but he hasn’t been anywhere close. Granted he was more known for putting up big numbers against the bottom half of the ACC than being known for lighting up duke/FSU/unc/uva

Idk a lot of it is just like the last shot, his shots just weren’t falling. And he’s not a physical big who can get buckets on the block consistently, he’s more or a face up 4 imo. Unf Jackson hasnt shown much of an offensive post game, and he is also better facing up imo.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Just to troll the meat heads on RR;
I want to ask if they will take Self instead of Cal.

They were up 7 near the end and turned it over 3 or 4 times in the last few min, and only held on to win because a ball went halfway down and rimmed out.
Both teams turned the ball over. No one blew the game. 7 points doesn’t describe the entirety of the game. We won: merry Xmas!

Exactly on him being the whole offense, with annunlimited leash if he missed a few shots in a row, or took bad shots, or TOS. At Wake He only went to the bench for rest and foul trouble. But Being the focus of opposing defenses would seem like a bad thing for him at wake, where at UK he is not the only offensive option.

It’s totally understandable tha Sarr wasn’t gonna come to UK and match his numbers at wake, but it isn’t crazy to expect him to be at least similar in his efficiency but he hasn’t been anywhere close. Granted he was more known for putting up big numbers against the bottom half of the ACC than being known for lighting up duke/FSU/unc/uva

Idk a lot of it is just like the last shot, his shots just weren’t falling. And he’s not a physical big who can get buckets on the block consistently, he’s more or a face up 4 imo. Unf Jackson hasnt shown much of an offensive post game, and he is also better facing up imo.
His FG% is about the same as it was last year at Wake. He's just soft and lazy, it seems.

Reactions: Villian07
That's hanging on to win, not shitting the bed. When a UK fan is defending a UofL fan's statement, you might want to consider you could be wrong.
Basketball is a tough concept for some.

If they don’t turn it over several times, they probably push the lead to double digits and don’t have to rely on luck.
Hypotheticals are merely hypotheticals in a close game. Which destroys your entire arbitrary narrative. This is equivalent to saying “if we would’ve made the free throws against Kentucky last year, we would’ve won” which we would’ve. But we didn’t.

Yeah but you are taking a leap with this expecting this Louisville team to play like a top team, and even top teams don't always do what you're putting out there. And this Louisville team isn't a top team. The reality is Louisville and Kentucky are not far apart right now as teams, and that's why it went to the wire.

Reactions: cdbearde
Hypotheticals are merely hypotheticals in a close game. Which destroys your entire arbitrary narrative. This is equivalent to saying “if we would’ve made the free throws against Kentucky last year, we would’ve won” which we would’ve. But we didn’t.

Right - Louisville isn't good enough to do the things he is expecting to see there. Louisville did well to bounce back after UK made some quick plays early 2nd half. Would you have been surprised if Louisville faded after the UK kid humiliated Williamson and then got the dunk? If the game was in full capacity Rupp the game might have been over right there.

Not reading through all of this, but Clarke with a nice 0/0/0/0/0 stat line in 16 minutes. He did have a turnover though.
We were told pregame he's injured. Postgame Cal says he's about 80%. Meanwhile refuses to give Dontaie Allen, KY Mr Basketball who averaged 43 ppg (more than Clarke and Boston did combined in HS) a single ****ing minute.

If Clarke is too injured to play, then why the **** is he out there?

If he is OK to play, then why are we going on about him being injured? If he can play, then shut the **** up Cal.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
We were told pregame he's injured. Postgame Cal says he's about 80%. Meanwhile refuses to give Dontaie Allen, KY Mr Basketball who averaged 43 ppg (more than Clarke and Boston did combined in HS) a single ****ing minute.

If Clarke is too injured to play, then why the **** is he out there?

If he is OK to play, then why are we going on about him being injured? If he can play, then shut the **** up Cal.

I'd say he's protecting draft stock, but Clarke and Boston aren't doing the same.

ADVERTISEMENT