ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky fans. It’s time to discuss Ty Ty…

Pretty sure Kansas and Kentucky both get up to play the other one.
One would think so. Although KU definitely seemed to be lacking intensity in that game, compared to the Baylor game and a few others.

Let's recap your arguments. 1) Calipari and his players don't care about the KU game because Kentucky won a lot of head to head games decades ago. 2) All-time records only matter in basketball.

You sure it's my argument that sucks? 🤣
A. Your argument sucks.
B. Your comprehension skills suck worse than your argument.
C. 80-62 in AFH.
D. 24-10
E. KU fans should simply stay in their lane and avoid posting criticisms of UK.
F. ALL THE ABOVE

One would think so. Although KU definitely seemed to be lacking intensity in that game, compared to the Baylor game and a few others.
If you have trouble getting up for a top 10 kentucky team I’m not sure what to tell you. Maybe they were overwhelmed early? The crowd was certainly very into it.

A. Your argument sucks.
C. 80-62 in AFH.
D. 24-10
F. ALL THE ABOVE
Why do I get the feeling that you've been repeating this spiel verbatim since you were 11? 🤣

What would you do if one day someone said "Whoooa, you're right, man! Kentucky's on another level!" Would your life's mission be complete?

Why do I get the feeling that you've been repeating this spiel verbatim since you were 11? 🤣

What would you do if one day someone said "Whoooa, you're right, man! Kentucky's on another level!" Would your life's mission be complete?
I don't need anyone to say it. They already are. I've seen them win the title 4 times in my life. It's just odd seeing any chirping from jayhawk fans about UK's postseason outlook given the stats and facts of the situation.

I don't need anyone to say it. They already are. I've seen them win the title 4 times in my life. It's just odd seeing any chirping from jayhawk fans about UK's postseason outlook given the stats and facts of the situation.

Many would also argue that it's odd to think that Rupp is going to win you games in 2022.

Your current coach has the same number of titles as KU's, and your team missed the postseason by a mile last year. What's the tourney experience of the players on your roster? Those details are a little more relevant.

Many would also argue that it's odd to think that Rupp is going to win you games in 2022.

Your current coach has the same number of titles as KU's, and your team missed the postseason by a mile last year. What's the tourney experience of the players on your roster? Those details are a little more relevant.
Again, the conclusions you draw up are simply bizarre. Nobody is saying anything about Rupp. As for last season's covid year, who the hell cares? Other than Baylor fans, it really doesn't matter. It says alot that however, that UK could have their worst season in 100 years and still be at the top of the mountain in all time wins though.

This is Cal's oldest and most experienced team. They thumped yours on their home floor. How the point that you as a KU fan are in no position to criticize continues to elude you is simply baffling.

For the record. KU has gained zero ground this year in all time wins. It's becoming apparent this wasn't their year to over take UK.

I know some kept score early in the year.

UNC thought they had a good chance a few years ago.

Reactions: ThePhog08
I don’t think Cal should have played him last night at all. Sit him until he’s ready to go.

That said, every injury he’s had has been a contact injury of some sort. It’s not like he’s taking normal steps and jumps and getting hurt. He’s landing on ankles, having dudes slide into his lower legs. It’s really unlucky stuff.
At some point, unlucky is a habit though. Some people step on an ankle and tape it up and go. Others step on an ankle and can't plant for 3 weeks. Whether it be sprains, bone bruises, turf toe, etc, after a while a person is no longer unlucky, they're injury prone.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Again, the conclusions you draw up are simply bizarre. Nobody is saying anything about Rupp. As for last season's covid year, who the hell cares? Other than Baylor fans, it really doesn't matter. It says alot that however, that UK could have their worst season in 100 years and still be at the top of the mountain in all time wins though.

This is Cal's oldest and most experienced team. They thumped yours on their home floor. How the point that you as a KU fan are in no position to criticize continues to elude you is simply baffling.
Gotta love that take. "No one but Baylor cares about last year!" 😂 A sure sign of maturity. Notice that only the bad teams made excuses?

Does this mean that you can't criticize Auburn? I'm pretty sure I've seen a lot of that happening. Is Notre Dame off limits too? Duke? Tennessee? They had the last laugh and slapped you around pretty good. Probably shouldn't have an opinion about their tourney outlook, right?

Frankly, it's pretty embarrassing for a fan to get his panties in a wad over someone predicting a final four for your team at full strength. Let me guess....you think that Kentucky could lose half their roster and go to the Final Four?

Reactions: Aberdale
Pretty sure Kansas and Kentucky both get up to play the other one.
Just because a team is hyped or "up" to play, doesn't mean they will play well.

I'm sure KU was hyped up to play Kentucky. But they still didn't play well that night. At times they looked lost on defense, regardless of the size of Kentucky, and were badly out of position. Other times they couldn't convert on simple layups. And it's not like they don't have experience scoring at the rim against Tschiebwe, and they did it fine against Kentucky team that had better length/athleticism(outside of TyTy). Kentucky still had a size/athleticism advantage, but you've had the same in other games we've played and KU has handled it fine. KU did not play well in the game, particularly defensively. A lot of that of course had to do with UK, but defensively this year KU has been up and down, often with guys not being where they're supposed to be. I do think KU has improved in this the last couple of weeks.

On the flipside, UK executed very well. Your players didn't make any mental mistakes, took care of the ball, and shot well. At times Kentucky's worse enemy has simply been getting careless with the ball or missing open shots, and you did neither when you played KU. But I've also seen us play in previous years where UK couldn't hit the broad side of the barn and/or turned the ball over multiple times, and no doubt those teams were just as "hyped" to play as this one was.

So regardless of the energy level of your team, you're still going to play well some nights and poorly other nights. Hell, I've even seen KU come out some nights with little to no energy and play well simply because shots were falling. Energy helps, but it isn't a guarantee of how well a team will play.

All of that being said, it is not an excuse. If KU and UK played on any given night, I'd pick UK. They're obviously the better team, with a higher ceiling(perhaps the highest ceiling in the country). But if they played 10 times, KU would win a couple of those, and most nights it isn't going to be an 18+ point difference. Kentucky played exceptionally well in the first half. I don't think anybody would have beat Kentucky that night, regardless of what floor they were playing on.

A. Your argument sucks.
C. 80-62 in AFH.
D. 24-10
F. ALL THE ABOVE
That 24-10 number is a bit misleading. BTW, it was 19-3 only 15 or so years ago.

KU/UK had a series in the 60s/70s where they played every year. It also happened to coincide with the worst stretch of basketball in KU history. Many of those KU teams literally had losing records and finished at or near the bottom of the Big 8. If we played every year for the last 120 years, I'd think it would be much closer than that. Kentucky would probably lead, but it would be a competitive series.

At some point, unlucky is a habit though. Some people step on an ankle and tape it up and go. Others step on an ankle and can't plant for 3 weeks. Whether it be sprains, bone bruises, turf toe, etc, after a while a person is no longer unlucky, they're injury prone.
We will see. Easier said than done people coming back from getting slid under or stepping on someone. He's not pulling hamstrings or tearing ligaments. He'll be fine.

I'm sure KU was hyped up to play Kentucky. But they still didn't play well that night. At times they looked lost on defense, regardless of the size of Kentucky, and were badly out of position. Other times they couldn't convert on simple layups. And it's not like they don't have experience scoring at the rim against Tschiebwe, and they did it fine against Kentucky team that had better length/athleticism(outside of TyTy). Kentucky still had a size/athleticism advantage, but you've had the same in other games we've played and KU has handled it fine. KU did not play well in the game, particularly defensively. A lot of that of course had to do with UK, but defensively this year KU has been up and down, often with guys not being where they're supposed to be. I do think KU has improved in this the last couple of weeks.

On the flipside, UK executed very well. Your players didn't make any mental mistakes, took care of the ball, and shot well. At times Kentucky's worse enemy has simply been getting careless with the ball or missing open shots, and you did neither when you played KU. But I've also seen us play in previous years where UK couldn't hit the broad side of the barn and/or turned the ball over multiple times, and no doubt those teams were just as "hyped" to play as this one was.

So regardless of the energy level of your team, you're still going to play well some nights and poorly other nights. Hell, I've even seen KU come out some nights with little to no energy and play well simply because shots were falling. Energy helps, but it isn't a guarantee of how well a team will play.

All of that being said, it is not an excuse. If KU and UK played on any given night, I'd pick UK. They're obviously the better team, with a higher ceiling(perhaps the highest ceiling in the country). But if they played 10 times, KU would win a couple of those, and most nights it isn't going to be an 18+ point difference. Kentucky played exceptionally well in the first half. I don't think anybody would have beat Kentucky that night, regardless of what floor they were playing on.
Well, sure. Those other posters were discussing motivation, and you will find no lack for it when both of those teams play each other. I don't think I argued motived = playing well. I would fully expect a better fight from KU in the next game no matter where they played. But as you said, I still think UK is the better team. Just not by 20.

Reactions: Turinturumbar
If you have trouble getting up for a top 10 kentucky team I’m not sure what to tell you. Maybe they were overwhelmed early? The crowd was certainly very into it.

No doubt KU was "up" for that game. But I don't think Exit is wrong that the intensity seemed off for KU. No that it would have mattered much in the end though. But if KU's intensity was off, I don't think it would have had much to do with their willingness to play, but rather the simple fact that it came right after that stretch of games KU had where KU won 3 really close games where KU won every game on last second opportunities, including the double overtime game with TT. I think they might have been wore out to be honest. KU also looked wore out and sluggish a few nights later against ISU, though thankfully ISU couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that night. I do think KU has played with a lot more energy since then though and we have looked better on both sides of the ball, including the loss in Austin.

That being said, regardless of whether KU was tired, we weren't going to be Kentucky that night. You guys played outstanding. Your play was similar to how we played against Baylor earlier this year.

We will see. Easier said than done people coming back from getting slid under or stepping on someone. He's not pulling hamstrings or tearing ligaments. He'll be fine.
Hopefully you're right. But I've known a few players like over the years, in both football and basketball, who seemed to always be "dinged up" in one way or another. They may have never usually had major injuries and never were out for long, but they seemed to collect injuries like it was a hobby.

Still early yet though to know if this is the case with him. I hope for his sake that this isn't the case.

my concern is that it’s getting late in the season and even when he does come back 100% now he won’t have much time to get back into a rhythm and the team to adjust to having him back in the lineup. That very well could be what keeps this UK team from reaching their ceiling. Which at one point appeared to be higher than any team in the country.

Gotta love that take. "No one but Baylor cares about last year!" 😂 A sure sign of maturity. Notice that only the bad teams made excuses?

Does this mean that you can't criticize Auburn? I'm pretty sure I've seen a lot of that happening. Is Notre Dame off limits too? Duke? Tennessee? They had the last laugh and slapped you around pretty good. Probably shouldn't have an opinion about their tourney outlook, right?

Frankly, it's pretty embarrassing for a fan to get his panties in a wad over someone predicting a final four for your team at full strength. Let me guess....you think that Kentucky could lose half their roster and go to the Final Four?
Last year sucked... not nearly as much games played and without the fans. It's ok that someone else who never had one was able to get their first. Just a weird year that happened to be UK's worst in 100 years. Some programs take quite a while to recover from something like that.

AU goons around here have been spouting off like they are now a Blueblood program. You and I both know better than that.

As for the others you listed, I haven't done what you've done. Those losses are in the rear view and that's that. It's just odd seeing you short change UK after seeing what happened.

Glad a fan of a team UK curbstomped in their own gym is now an authority on how UK will do in the tournament.
SO, I mean, what's your thought(on his comment)? To me, I took it as a compliment; UK is on a different level with a 100% TyTy. And saying w/o him, Elite 8 is the ceiling, isn't exactly an insult...

SOme of you are waaaaaaaay to God damn sensitive.

SO, what's your take: UK with TyTy-----UK w/o TyTy?

SO, I mean, what's your thought(on his comment)? To me, I took it as a compliment; UK is on a different level with a 100% TyTy. And saying w/o him, Elite 8 is the ceiling, isn't exactly an insult...

SOme of you are waaaaaaaay to God damn sensitive.

SO, what's your take: UK with TyTy-----UK w/o TyTy?
every team is better at 100%.

I think Anthony Davis is that way.

I think that’s what happened when UK played Zion’s Duke a few years back. We got spanked. It was as much an off day for UK as it was an on day for them.

Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT