ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs WVU Round 3....

What fan base is deciding to travel to Kansas City and wouldn’t go to Dallas? EspeciAllt when you consider that Kansas City sucks as a City compared to Dallas

ISU and KSU fans are the biggest difference between OKC/Dallas and KC. They travel to KC because of close proximity. They didn't travel to OKC and Dallas. The fact that their programs were down those few years probably had an impact in that as well. The games in KC are 90% KU, KSU, and KSU. The other 10% is made up of the rest of the conference. The games in Dallas and OKC were probably 90% KU and 10% the rest of the conference. KU travels but the other top programs during that time were football schools and they didn't care about basketball.

My quick glance over game logs has KU shooting 48%+ six times, 55%+ five times and 60%+ in three of those. Not exactly a fluke...

You’re right, they should be playing against the Warriors not these college boys. The NBA should actually autobid them to the Finals in June.

You know what pic I’m talking about—-whole thread on RR about it as well. It looks exactly as I described. I don’t really care, so this is the last I’ll address it
Official attendance for that game was 22,108

You should move on.

You put Hoosier by choice, knowledgeable seems .... far fetched .

You thought the Big XII tourney was only held in KC... you're just another MattyMcB1g.

A guy with avatar that says “butts” wants to enter a discussion on knowledge? Take a lap bro

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Quit being such a snowflake.

You shot 27 3's and hit damn near 60% of them. A lot of them were very tough contested shots.

It happened. Congrats on having tough players that made big shots.

My quick glance over game logs has KU shooting 48%+ six times, 55%+ five times and 60%+ in three of those. Not exactly a fluke...

Now let’s see how many games Miles (who came into the tourney shooting 36% from three) played like he did today?

Look, KU shot it well by to act like they haven’t done this before is a fallacy.

Reactions: J. Rambo and IZAC
He's been playing like this for the last 4 or 5 games

We got nothing out of Esa Ahmad.

Seems like you've gotten nothing really out of Ahmad all year. I forget he's even on the court most times I watch WVU.

Now let’s see how many games Miles (who came into the tourney shooting 36% from three) played like he did today?

Look, KU shot it well by to act like they haven’t done this before is a fallacy.
56 percent from three, hope you do that going forward my man. Miles has been on fire lately

Seems like you've gotten nothing really out of Ahmad all year. I forget he's even on the court most times I watch WVU.

One of my least favorite WVU players ever... in any sport.

Guy has so much talent. He's 6'8, 240... skilled and athletic. He's just looks so disinterested sometimes. Lazy as hell.

One of my least favorite WVU players ever... in any sport.

Guy has so much talent. He's 6'8, 240... skilled and athletic. He's just looks so disinterested sometimes. Lazy as hell.

He looked like such a stud last year. Any possibility he may go pro just to get out of WVU? He seems unhappy and uninterested every time I watch.

I'm mad about tonight. I think we had our chances but I'm genuinely pulling for you the rest of the way. To do this without Dok is pretty impressive
I feel like any time you guys get on a roll, you go away from what got you on the roll. And they the ball sticks on offense. Can’t put my finger on it.

He looked like such a stud last year. Any possibility he may go pro just to get out of WVU? He seems unhappy and uninterested every time I watch.

He should be back. Dont think he's unhapppy. Just lazy. Doesn't care enough.

Last edited:
I feel like any time you guys get on a roll, you go away from what got you on the roll. And they the ball sticks on offense. Can’t put my finger on it.
Totally agree and won't pretend to know what is going on but as soon as it looks good our mindset changes dramatically

He should be back. Dont think he's unhapppy. Just lazy. Doesn't care enough.

Should be back. Was wondering if you all knew of any issues he may be having that is effecting his on-court play. Hopefully he returns next year more to what he was as a sophomore.

Which is strange considering how much media and WVU fans talked about his return. Thought it would put them over the hump. Instead...

Should be back. Was wondering if you all knew of any issues he may be having that is effecting his on-court play. Hopefully he returns next year more to what he was as a sophomore.

He'll be a sr next year. I don't know of any on going issues other than the fact he's just lazy.

Was suspended half the season (pretty sure it was for a failed drug test) and just never really seemed to get comfortable when he got back.

We were 15-1 before he came back. 24-10 now.

Not a WVU fan, but the way KU played tonight, you could make a case for them being the best team in the nation ( still UVA moss, just talking about making a case).

Will be disappointed if KU does not make the final four this tourney...
Most of the time though they give us a shit draw or we run into a team that plays against us like we did tonight. Oregon last year was hitting threes from several feet behind the NBA line including multiple banked in bloopers. We’ve had more than our fair share of bad luck in the tourney. Including injuries.

Reactions: Jayhawkai
"before tip off" really proves a point. If you found one an hour earlier, there wouldn't be anyone there. Laughing

That game, by turnstile results, was 99.612% capacity, but yeah, you found a pic prior to tip off.

"For the third straight year and 20th time in the last 23 seasons, Kentucky leads the country in average home attendance"

Since Rupp Arena opened in 1976, the Cats have ranked either first or second in average home attendance every season.

Last edited:
"before tip off" really proves a point. If you found one an hour earlier, there wouldn't be anyone there. Laughing

That game, by turnstile results, was 99.612% capacity, but yeah, you found a pic prior to tip off.

"For the third straight year and 20th time in the last 23 seasons, Kentucky leads the country in average home attendance"

Since Rupp Arena opened in 1976, the Cats have ranked either first or second in average home attendance every season.
They don’t count attendance by how many tickets were scanned at the door. They do it by how many are sold. Kansas has sold out every game since 2001 when they actually probably haven’t had the full attendance at more than 5-10 games. This happens everywhere.

They don’t count attendance by how many tickets were scanned at the door. They do it by how many are sold. Kansas has sold out every game since 2001 when they actually probably haven’t had the full attendance at more than 5-10 games. This happens everywhere.
UK does it by actual attendance. They don't announce it until late in the game over the PA.

If they did it by ticket sales, then it would be sold out every game. Rupp was down this year from 23,461 to 21,875 even though all the games were sold out.

UK does it by actual attendance. They don't announce it until late in the game over the PA.
You gotta link to that from someplace that’s reliable? I mean I’ve been at sporting events where there’s no more than 20,000 people there and they announce 40,000 near the end of the game when it’s really just half full. I was pretty sure all places did this even when they claim they don’t. Not saying you’re wrong, just saying if Rupp really did that they’re the only ones out there... which would be suspect.

You gotta link to that from someplace that’s reliable? I mean I’ve been at sporting events where there’s no more than 20,000 people there and they announce 40,000 near the end of the game when it’s really just half full. I was pretty sure all places did this even when they claim they don’t. Not saying you’re wrong, just saying if Rupp really did that they’re the only ones out there... which would be suspect.
Again, Rupps capacity is 23,500. So if they didn't take turnsile records then how would they get over that for some games(Standing room)? ie January 20 vs. Florida, with 24,394 fans. Too lzy to find your link, but due to their attendance records it should be obvious, they do count turnstile records. If it's just ticket sales, then every max would be 23.5K

I have read that Rupp has 1K standing room, hence the >1K over capacity.

Last edited:
What fan base is deciding to travel to Kansas City and wouldn’t go to Dallas? EspeciAllt when you consider that Kansas City sucks as a City compared to Dallas

When I love bed in KC Iowa state fans would flood that place. Also good showings from OSU and OU when they were good. KC is the best geographic location and sprint center/power and light is a great venue.

Texas doesn't know basketball exists and Baylor has 3 fans.

Again, Rupps capacity is 23,500. So if they didn't take turnsile records then how would they get over that for some games(Standing room)? ie January 20 vs. Florida, with 24,394 fans. Too lzy to find your link, but due to their attendance records it should be obvious, they do count turnstile records. If it's just ticket sales, then every max would be 23.5K

I have read that Rupp has 1K standing room, hence the >1K over capacity.
Maybe. Could also be counting additional standing room only tickets that people purchase after all of the seats have been sold. Not trying to say Rupp doesn’t have great attendance numbers, just saying I’ve never trusted any number that’s announced anywhere. Kansas supposedly has had 16,300 at every game since 2001 but there’s been November games when it’s blizzard like conditions and the crowd only looks to be 80%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT