ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs WVU Round 3....

doogie503

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2008
Tomorrow night.

Jayhawks have hell to pay for 35-2. Winking

giphy.gif

Kansas runs this league, and there have been a lot of other good teams in the Big 12... but WVU is the only consistent contender that's nipping at their heels. Finished 2nd or 3rd the past 3 years, and headed to our 3rd straight Big 12 Championship game.

Big game for us tomorrow.

Reactions: npreston
Will be fun going into this game with really no expectation. Think KU can win but not putting money on it with Doke not in there. Besides hard to beat a team 3 times and WVU will be playing with a heavy chip on their shoulder. Should be fun.

Just don't cry when KU shoots more FTs than WVU again. You know your team's whole defense is based on fouling and hoping the refs don't call it. Shit happens when you shoot 99% jumpers.

In all honesty, with no Udoka for KU, it's going to be an incredibly tough task winning tomorrow. Not saying it can't be done but WVU is smart, they go right at Lightfoot and DeSousa all game long. Lightfoot is a terrific helpside defender but when it comes to on ball defense, he allows himself to get posted up well inside the restricted circle. By that point he's f**ked unless an automatic double team comes to help. With DeSousa, he's getting much better but he still gets bullied around when getting posted up in the paint.

I really have no general expectation heading into tomorrow. It's harder than hell trying to beat the same team 3 times in 1 season and tomorrow is no exception. I do think WVU ends up winning it. They've got an ax to grind and the 35-2 stat seems to be the primary focus. The biggest reason I think WVU wins tomorrow is because I have no clue which KU team is coming to play. Frankly that scares me.

Wvu will be out for blood. KU tends to have games where they don't match the opponents energy. This will be one of those games. Plus no Dok=no chance

Reactions: GoldenHawk87
This will be like the game in Stillwater. One team wants it badly, the other doesn't care. And is without it's only legit big man. Bad combo.

This will be like the game in Stillwater. One team wants it badly, the other doesn't care. And is without it's only legit big man. Bad combo.

Kansas doesn't care about a conf tourney championship.... Laughing

Excuses already being made.

That's one thing I miss about the old Big East Tourney. It mattered. And every fan base knew it.

I think with the duke loss and the xavier loss the only thing Kansas is playing for is potentialy the 1 seed in the Midwest. WVU however is playing for a 3 seed (should already have it IMO). That would allow them to miss the 1 seed in the sweet 16 matchup. I think WVU wins going away. probably by 12-16 points.

It will matter for KU. If it didn't matter they would have mailed it in against OSU or KSU. If you made it this far it matters and you might as well win it all. Will be a rough matchup for Lightfoot against Konate. Not expecting a KU but hoping for a good game.

It will matter for KU. If it didn't matter they would have mailed it in against OSU or KSU. If you made it this far it matters and you might as well win it all. Will be a rough matchup for Lightfoot against Konate. Not expecting a KU but hoping for a good game.

They could've mailed it in and still beaten a short-handed K-State. And they did in fact mail it in in stretches. The Ok St game was more about punching a team in the mouth that had just blown you out and swept.

Of course they want to win, but do you really think a conference tourney title or a third win over WV is enough to make them grind and give it their all for 40 min? And even if they do, it's easier said than done with a frontcourt consisting of a 6'7" guy who gets pushed around and a guy who has averaged 4 min/game.

It matters. If by chance it wasn't the case then KU has no business playing in the Big 12 Tournament let alone the NCAA Tournament.

Are you suggesting Bill forfeits every subsequent Big 12 tourney if he doesn't think the team gives maximum effort here?Laughing

Kansas doesn't care about a conf tourney championship.... Laughing

Excuses already being made.

That's one thing I miss about the old Big East Tourney. It mattered. And every fan base knew it.

Championship fatigue is a real thing man.

They could've mailed it in and still beaten a short-handed K-State. And they did in fact mail it in in stretches. The Ok St game was more about punching a team in the mouth that had just blown you out and swept.

Of course they want to win, but do you really think a conference tourney title or a third win over WV is enough to make them grind and give it their all for 40 min? And even if they do, it's easier said than done with a frontcourt consisting of a 6'7" guy who gets pushed around and a guy who has averaged 4 min/game.

You obviously have never been on a team growing up.The Kansas players want this win as much as the WVU players. Maybe the coaches don't care as much but these players aren't thinking "I'm not going to give it my all cause this game wont help our seeding"

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Vick doesn’t even know there is a game today
Vick’s google searches this past year probably like this.

4/2017 - 11/2017 - How much money does a 2nd round NBA draft pick make?

12/2017 - How long will a player be in the NBA D-League until he gets on an NBA team?

1/2018 - How much money do international basketball players make?

2/2018 - How much money do guys playing pro basketball for small towns in America make?

3/2018 - If I sign with an agent do I have to pay him anything if I don’t end up playing professional basketball?

Opened this thread with anticipation of some smack talk. I am disappoint. :(

Wvu style of play is garbage. Ugly to watch, foul every play, and dare the refs to blow the whistle. Better?

But they'll win handily today

If we don't attack the rim with no regard for life then we don't deserve anything tonight

Can’t wait for this game tonight. @doogie503, can we please agree that whatever happens, there will be no blaming of the refs, for anything, on either side? Let’s agree now that win or lose, it’s going to be a highly competitive game, that both teams desperately want to win. Refs are the annoying part, but do not determine the outcome.
Let’s just watch a great game unfold, and congratulate the winner, whomever that may be.

You know I love Huggy, and respect the hell out of WVU. Refs are gonna ref, but Huggy vs Self, that’s the real shit right there. May the best team win.

Rock chalk!

You obviously have never been on a team growing up.The Kansas players want this win as much as the WVU players. Maybe the coaches don't care as much but these players aren't thinking "I'm not going to give it my all cause this game wont help our seeding"

Yeah, nobody consciously tells themselves that they're not going to give their all. But there's another gear available when you desperately want something. I expect WV to be in that gear and doubt that KU will be. You seriously think KU wants this as badly as WVU? After the circumstances of the last game and getting swept? Give me a break.

The coaching staff doesn't value the B12 tourney that much and I think that mindset is instilled in the players too. Imagine busting your ass over the course of an 18-game round robin to take the title, then it's "hey, go win three games in three days so you can call yourselves B12 champs!" Uhhh, okay. Sure.

The games mean a lot if they're trying to play their way into a higher seed or if they have a bone to pick with an opponent. Otherwise, not so much. There's a reason KU wins the league by two games every year but often goes down in KC.

ADVERTISEMENT