ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its going to be a really, really good game. I think most, sensible UK fans, know this. And have learned to temper their expectations----after Duke beat them by 650.
Not the same Duke that got outscored by 7 in the 2nd half and had 22 turnovers against the mighty Coppin State Eagles today. ;)

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Mods, please merge redundant threads.
The mods don’t care what you think. Let’s talk basketball instead of showing your insecurities in this thread. Who is good for you guys? What is the team like?

I don’t know much about UK outside of they’ll be relying to mostly a whole new collection of players between freshmen and transfers. Boston and Clarke are legit wings.

For Kansas the defense sucks right now just to be honest. No rim protection and the help defense is poor at the moment. If UK has guards/wings that can get into the paint and score then they will be able to score at will against this KU defense. I’m most worried about UK dominating the boards especially when KU has to go to their 5 guard lineup with Wilson/Enaruna at the 5.

Now on the offensive end KU can score at will at times. A bunch of shooters and shot makes all between 6-5 and 6-8. They play with energy but can be pushed around so what they can do on offense they give up just as much or more on defense.

Don’t have much confidence in KU being able to beat one of the other top teams in the nation until KU’s defense begins to shore up. Game will either be a close high scoring affair or UK will win by 20+.
This is where I stand on the outcome. I think there are a few variables that will play a role in who wins. The last few years have taught me that it isn’t as great a feat to beat UK early. Our youth and lack of experience together always bleeds through, but dries up as the season goes on. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if KU wins. If they have more than 2 players return from last year then I think KU should win. There’s always those variables though too.

The mods don’t care what you think. Let’s talk basketball instead of showing your insecurities in this thread. Who is good for you guys? What is the team like?
Looks to me like you're too insecure to post in the actual thread. Stop projecting.

It's no arbitrary timeframe. The modern era period is universally accepted. And it's tough to argue that a team with the same number of AP #1 finishes, fewer final fours, 100+ fewer wins, fewer tourney wins, fewer tourney appearances, and 7 fewer conference titles has been more successful in that span of time.
The modern timeframe is universally accepted usually by those who have been successful more recently, just like every generation says their era of music was the best . . .

These things boil down to one of two things; stats or opinions.

Last edited:
In a wacky event like March Madness, the more often you're a top seed, the more chokes you'll have. Look how many chokes K and Wright have
Jay Wright has more titles since 2016 than KU does since 1952... 🤣

And K, really? Dude has 5 titles, bro.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Looks to me like you're too insecure to post in the actual thread. Stop projecting.
You that dumb? That thread is a shit show not talking actual basketball. So I started a new one to actually talk about the game. I make one comment in response to the very informative “cats by 90” post and all the sudden I start getting @ with all time stats.

You that dumb? That thread is a shit show not talking actual basketball. So I started a new one to actually talk about the game. I make one comment in response to the very informative “cats by 90” post and all the sudden I start getting @ with all time stats.
Fun fact:

Kentucky leads the all time series with Kansas 23-9.

Not sure who got upset over the "cats by 90" thingy---Its silly to let THAT get in your crawl. UK fans though have said this for quite some time..

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Not sure who got upset over the "cats by 90" thingy---Its silly to let THAT get in your crawl. UK fans though have said this for quite some time..
That didn’t get under my skin at all. I made a joke about being called the “cats.” I made no reference to the cats by 90 until now.

holy crap you people are morons.Borden is just mad because I called him out for his horrible take on that CBB shouldn’t start and would be cancelled by now.

Fun fact:

Kentucky leads the all time series with Kansas 23-9.
Fun fact, I don’t care. But since I have been alive UK is 7-6 versus Kansas. But please continue to tell us the all time record. We aren’t aware.

Truthfully, I have to agree with this . . . but we’re working on it!

Lord help the world if we ever tie it or get #12! We’ll be UNBEARABLE!
You guys are already unbearable but yeah I disagree about UCLA being better. But honestly who gives a shit. They are all great programs.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
That didn’t get under my skin at all. I made a joke about being called the “cats.” I made no reference to the cats by 90 until now.

holy crap you people are morons.Borden is just mad because I called him out for his horrible take on that CBB shouldn’t start and would be cancelled by now.
Huh? Where did I say it got under your skin? I didn't. Didn't even imply it.

"called me out"? Again---Huh? Not a horrible take at all. I know plenty of coaches, AD's, officials, even players---who feel the season should not have started yet. Just b/c you think its horrible take, doesn't mean it is.....

Not sure what your issue is, bro. Might to get that checked out though.

Reactions: RunninRichie
The modern timeframe is universally accepted by those who have been successful recently. Not worked up over the argument, but this was the first thought that occurred after reading your second sentence. The stats just are what they are and not really debatable.

Universal may not have been a good word choice, but 1984-85 is generally accepted as the start of the modern era. It was the year of the tourney expansion, and the first year that they allowed more than one team per conference. The fairest inclusion of teams.

Being able to lay claim to the all-time #1 title is obviously something to be proud of. One can acknowledge this while also acknowledging that winning an 8-team tourney that didn't include a lot of highly-ranked teams is not the same as winning a 64-team tourney vs the best of the best. Or that modern era games are more meaningful to all of us.

Do you care more about accomplishments from the Super Bowl era or pre-Super Bowl era?

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
And......We don't trail our series by TWO touchdowns....🤣
Correct. Kentucky and Indiana has always been back and forth and competitive. 23-9 is a ****ing joke. And several of their wins have only come recently. It's been a landslide the entire time in our favor.

Huh? Where did I say it got under your skin? I didn't. Didn't even imply it.

"called me out"? Again---Huh? Not a horrible take at all. I know plenty of coaches, AD's, officials, even players---who feel the season should not have started yet. Just b/c you think its horrible take, doesn't mean it is.....

Not sure what your issue is, bro. Might to get that checked out though.
You really suck at reading

Correct. Kentucky and Indiana has always been back and forth and competitive. 23-9 is a ****ing joke. And several of their wins have only come recently. It's been a landslide the entire time in our favor.
This is the type of guy that is unbearable @Random UK Fan

congrats on owning us pre 1980. Since then it has been competitive. 7-6. What more do you want?
Lol at this clown Indiana fan talking about competitive. Your program is so irrelevant now.

Universal may not have been a good word choice, but 1984-85 is generally accepted as the start of the modern era. It was the year of the tourney expansion, and the first year that they allowed more than one team per conference. The fairest inclusion of teams.

Being able to lay claim to the all-time #1 title is obviously something to be proud of. One can acknowledge this while also acknowledging that winning an 8-team tourney that didn't include a lot of highly-ranked teams is not the same as winning a 64-team tourney vs the best of the best. Or that modern era games are more meaningful to all of us.

Do you care more about accomplishments from the Super Bowl era or pre-Super Bowl era?
Pre . . . jumpingsmile

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This is the type of guy that is unbearable @Random UK Fan
Your program is so irrelevant now.
Ohhhhh, that's so cute. "Unbearable" = code for "I want to talk shit, but don't like it when someone talks shit back and I don't have any ground to sack up and stand on when facts hit the fan."

Also +1 for being an oblivious toolbag talking about irrelevant programs whilst posting such fodder with a Mangino Orange Bowl avatar. Insert :robinwilliamswhatyearisitgif:

Ohhhhh, that's so cute. "Unbearable" = code for "I want to talk shit, but don't like it when someone talks shit back and I don't have any ground to sack up and stand on when facts hit the fan."

Also +1 for being an oblivious toolbag talking about irrelevant programs whilst posting such fodder with a Mangino Orange Bowl avatar. Insert :robinwilliamswhatyearisitgif:
Jesus dude you are a piece of work....... every single of my original posts were jokes. Clearly you lack the intelligence to gather that. You are so obviously insecure. Small minded midget

Jay Wright has more titles since 2016 than KU does since 1952... 🤣

And K, really? Dude has 5 titles, bro.

Jay Wright has 3 titles? Interesting.

Do you actually not get the point I was making or are you just trying to be a d-bag?

If the formula were as simple as good team + good coach = F4/NC, then Jay Wright wouldn't have 5,000 2nd round losses. Right?

But yes, K has owned the modern era. He's the Patriots and Kentucky is Green Bay. UNC is probably the Steelers. KU is the Broncos but more consistent in the reg season.

Jesus dude you are a piece of work....... every single of my original posts were jokes. Clearly you lack the intelligence to gather that. You are so obviously insecure. Small minded midget
Hey hey, my my.....look who's getting riled tonight!! Woooweeeeeeee. Man alive, if you're this ornery now, how chapped is your ass gonna be Tuesday night? Oooooo lawwd

Hey hey, my my.....look who's getting riled tonight!! Woooweeeeeeee. Man alive, if you're this ornery now, how chapped is your ass gonna be Tuesday night? Oooooo lawwd
I think the guy getting riled up is the guy who has been trolled.

Exhibit A for why people make fun of your "all-time is all that matters" approach.

Kentucky piling up wins in the 70s because they played the worst coach in KU history every year for 20 years isn't relevant to the current state of the program.

Which is why Self is 6-4 vs Kentucky. 2-1 in Rupp. 7-4 vs Kentucky and Cal. He wins every time the talent level is close.

You really suck at reading
Naah....You suck at writing. You quoted and led with---"It didn't get under my skin............."

Here, I'll show ya...

holy crap you people are morons
.Borden is just mad because I called him out for his horrible take on that CBB shouldn’t start and would be cancelled by now.
Ya see that part(YOU PEOPLE) insinuates more than one(person). And since it was my quote you used............Well, I mean.

Write better.....

Jay Wright has 3 titles? Interesting.
Nope.....He has TWO.

Since 1952, how many titles does KU have? I count two: 1988/2008.

Now, I should have said---"the same"----not more. But nonetheless....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT