ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas State vs. Loyola Chicago Game Thread

Brother, I’ve started threads on here and fully believe that our pain outweighs anybody else’s pain in CBB. We are consistently on Cloud 9 only to be dragged down to the pits of hell in 1 night as fans. It’s an awful existence and I don’t wish it on anyone.
Have you ever heard of Gamecock football fans?

No they can’t. They have played a bunch of crap teams. The ONLY way they can beat a KU, DUKE, or Villanova is if they play out of their minds the other team shoots 25%.
Meh, this team is pretty good. They don't beat themselves. Fundamentally sound and tough. They are very efficient. Plus as stated, they would only have to beat one of those teams. And in a game scenario, especially with the 3 point shot, anything can happen. I mean, in a ONE game, winner take all---------I wouldn't bet against them. I mean how many people felt UMBC would beat UVA?

From buzzer beaters against Miami and UT to winning pretty thoroughly against Nevada & K-State. Impressive. Would be sweet to see them win it all.

Reactions: BigGeorge38 Fan
Meh, this team is pretty good. They don't beat themselves. Fundamentally sound and tough. They are very efficient. Plus as stated, they would only have to beat one of those teams. And in a game scenario, especially with the 3 point shot, anything can happen. I mean, in a ONE game, winner take all---------I wouldn't bet against them. I mean how many people felt UMBC would beat UVA?

tenor.gif

Reactions: IUfanBorden
UVA has been a 1-seed three times, a 2-seed and a 5-seed in the last 5 years and Loyola-****ing-Chicago has gone to the Final Four more than we have.

At least you guys aren't paying your coach 8m to not make the final 4 three straight years...

Reactions: KisteK and jhmossy
No they can’t. They have played a bunch of crap teams. The ONLY way they can beat a KU, DUKE, or Villanova is if they play out of their minds the other team shoots 25%.
stfu

At least you guys aren't paying your coach 8m to not make the final 4 three straight years...

I'm guessing most fans are cool with it considering they went like 15 years without one before Calipari.

That was a bad game.
That team, minus Embiid, was a pretender..
Wiggy the Wallflower and Perry the Soft sans Embiid, as the favorite? .. nah.

I think Frank took that ish personal, tho.
Teams need that dogg; that tough who will not stop. 2014(?) Kansas did not have.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
That team, minus Embiid, was a pretender..
Wiggy the Wallflower and Perry the Soft sans Embiid, as the favorite? .. nah.

I think Frank took that ish personal, tho.
Teams need that dogg; that tough who will not stop. 2014(?) Kansas did not have.

Yep and that same KU team sealed their own fate when they laughed about playing Stanford in the press conference the day before playing Stanford.

Reactions: KisteK
From buzzer beaters against Miami and UT to winning pretty thoroughly against Nevada & K-State. Impressive. Would be sweet to see them win it all.
Nevada was down 10+ to Texas which was a bottom half team in the BIG XII. They only won because Momba fouled out. Nevada was not good. And Loyola didn’t win thoroughly against them, they won by one point.

KSU was the only decent team they beat and at the end of the day KSU was a 9 seed missing their best player.

Loyola is a good team, but their run so far has been one of the most improbable things I’ve ever seen from a statistical standpoint. Yet beating both Michigan AND one of KU, DUKE, Nova or even TT, would be even more improbable. I would literally bet my house against it and wouldn’t sweat even a little bit.

Yeah but it isn’t a 1 game scenario. They needed to play the game of their lives and rely on a little luck to get past Tennessee. They are going to have to do even better against Michigan, and if they somehow do that they’ll have to rely on an even more improbable game to win the next one. I’ve got a better chance of convincing Gal Gadot to leave her husband for me.

Yeah but it isn’t a 1 game scenario. They needed to play the game of their lives and rely on a little luck to get past Tennessee. They are going to have to do even better against Michigan, and if they somehow do that they’ll have to rely on an even more improbable game to win the next one. I’ve got a better chance of convincing Gal Gadot to leave her husband for me.

Michigan team that showed up tonight loses to Loyola. Michigan has only looked good really in one game so far in this tourney. You are being a hater

ADVERTISEMENT