ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas at Texas Tech

TT and TCU on the road. And we destroyed you guys at home where as in the past we couldn’t separate ourselves from anybody. Sorry, but we have been playing much better. Mostly because Dotson has gotten over his freshman slump. If we can get Grimes to figure it out we will be a legit top 10 team.

Vick played vs TT at AFH and the game tonight is a disaster. TCU on the road while a nice win is one that should be had by a conference champion. They are in 6th for a reason and that win happened in OT with a lot of unknowns securing that win in OT due to foul trouble, not the script for a team “playing better” to need nobodies off the bench to close out a game. oSu and WVU wins should be had at this time of year by any team expecting to play in the NCAAT so no points for that.

Like I said, KU doesn’t suck, but don’t expect the business as usual KU response, KU is not their usual selves which should be expected with all of the injuries. Frankly their current Big XII record is phenomenal being down this many players. WVU for contrast being down two opening night starters has basically knocked the program off it’s axis and who knows how long it will take to pick up the pieces.

This is just ridiculous. Good game TT. Can’t beat anybody when they shoot like this. Just beware of the post KU slump. It’s real. If you can avoid that, you may have a shot to win the league.

You're my boy blue!

BrightSevereGalapagosalbatross-small.gif

Damn, TT repeatedly went in dry on KU tonight. I almost felt sorry for the fellow blue blood....

almost.

I felt bad for us until we stopped playing defense with 15 minutes left in the 1st half. From that point on I lost sympathy for our players. We blew Tech out at home a few weeks back on Lawrence and tonight they returned the favor and then some.

Reactions: TechFan88
I felt bad for us until we stopped playing defense with 15 minutes left in the 1st half. From that point on I lost sympathy for our players. We blew Tech out at home a few weeks back on Lawrence and tonight they returned the favor and then some.
Yeah, your guys definitely gave up. Reminded me of November 6th, 2018 aka Macho grande.

Our guys mailed it in that night. Luckily Duke let off the gas too.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
We never can. Everybody gets so hype to play us. We’d literally have no gas left in the tank at the end of the season if we matched our opponent’s intensity.

Still...I thought they’d come out better than this with so much on the line. TT has played great defense.

Literally?

The thing is Kansas didn't play that bad it was just our night.

@KU - KU W 79-63
KU - 45.8% FG, 43.3% 3PT, 63.2% FT
TTU - 34.4% FG, 21.4% 3PT, 59.1% FT

@TTU - KU L 91-62
KU - 45.8% FG, 42.9% 3PT, 75.0% FT
TTU - 60.1% FG, 61.5% 3PT, 53.8% FT

KU played about the same in both games with and without Vick. However Tech was knocking down the majority of their shots last night. We are hard to beat when we are making shots along with our defense. We made 16 3-pointers that is 48 points. I expect to win when we do that.

Sorry about the overrated chant. Pat Knight etc destroyed the student section and they are a work in progress. Happy they didn't rush the court. We should have sent KU out on "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas. We sang "Take me home, Country Roads" to WVU. John Denver actually studied Architecture at TTU before dropping out and going to LA for a music career.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockChalkRally
Yeah, your guys definitely gave up. Reminded me of November 6th, 2018 aka Macho grande.

Our guys mailed it in that night. Luckily Duke let off the gas too.

Our guys got punked in Lubbock and TTU had a lot to do with our poor play. They suffocated the hell out of us in the half court defense and they couldn't miss any shots if their lives depended on it.

ADVERTISEMENT