ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas at Texas Tech

KUhawks34

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2006
huge game with big 12 title implications. Kansas has been a completely different team the last couple weeks than I have all season. They are still young and flawed but the young guys might finally be catching on.

Excited to see what they bring to the table tonight in a hostile crowd at TTU. Tech will be out for revenge.

I just don't know how TT scores enough points to get the W in this one. Their defense would need to somehow be better than it already is to make up for seemingly no offense. I'll take the points.

If KU wins, streak on. If they lose, I’ll give KSU a 50/50 chance at an outright title.

First time in 5 years I won’t be going up to Lubbock for the game. I hope the team can keep up the good play after taking a full week off. These next 2 games are huge.

this ku team can’t win against a quality opponent on the road. just not possible.

Of course this would be the night Tech learns how to shoot.

Tech has been shooting lights out the past 5 games. Avg margin of victory has been 22 but Tech showed mercy in each of those or it would be 35+. Beard usually lets the offense loose about this time of year so they hit their stride going into the tournament.

KU not matching the intensity
We never can. Everybody gets so hype to play us. We’d literally have no gas left in the tank at the end of the season if we matched our opponent’s intensity.

Still...I thought they’d come out better than this with so much on the line. TT has played great defense.

Well to be fair, it wasn’t an irrational post. TT can’t shoot. Tonight is an anomaly. When things are going your way they’re going your way. I have a feeling they could come out in the 2nd half blindfolded and go 8-16 from 3.

Reactions: RipThru
We never can. Everybody gets so hype to play us. We’d literally have no gas left in the tank at the end of the season if we matched our opponent’s intensity.

Still...I thought they’d come out better than this with so much on the line. TT has played great defense.

They’ve matched it for 14 years. Seems a few too many injuries this year. Can’t see KU holding the streak after that, they had a week to prep, they knew this would be a hostile environment, and they folded likely because they just aren’t good enough to punch back against a dialed in opponent.

This is literally what you did to us in Lawrence. You couldn't miss a big shot. Hard to compete when the shots fall like this.

Reactions: TechFan88
They’ve matched it for 14 years. Seems a few too many injuries this year. Can’t see KU holding the streak after that, they had a week to prep, they knew this would be a hostile environment, and they folded likely because they just aren’t good enough to punch back against a dialed in opponent.
Actually, we have had seasons where we’re tapped out at year end. And we always have games where we just can’t match the intensity. But yeah it is more difficult this year due to lack of depth and experience. Tonight though it is in part due to these guys shooting lights out and banking in crap they usually miss. That is deflating to a team’s psyche. Especially when you’re starting 3 freshman. Sometimes every thing that can go wrong goes wrong on the same night that everything that can go right goes right. I saw a very good KU team lose by 20+ one night at Temple...and not even a good Temple team. This is a night much like that one, barring a miracle. It’s alright though. I think we beat KSU by 20 Monday night.

This is literally what you did to us in Lawrence. You couldn't miss a big shot. Hard to compete when the shots fall like this.
Except our shots were wide open. Maybe you guys hit some open ones early on, I didn’t get to see the first 7 minutes. But down the stretch you hit several with a guy in their face. They were not open.

But yeah it is hard to compete when they are falling.

The Red Raiders are simply returning the favor from the first meeting in Lawrence. I wasn't expecting KU to win tonight but I did hope to see them play better than this. Tech was ready from the tip and our guys were not.

Actually, we have had seasons where we’re tapped out at year end. And we always have games where we just can’t match the intensity. But yeah it is more difficult this year due to lack of depth and experience. Tonight though it is in part due to these guys shooting lights out and banking in crap they usually miss. That is deflating to a team’s psyche. Especially when you’re starting 3 freshman. Sometimes every thing that can go wrong goes wrong on the same night that everything that can go right goes right. I saw a very good KU team lose by 20+ one night at Temple...and not even a good Temple team. This is a night much like that one, barring a miracle. It’s alright though. I think we beat KSU by 20 Monday night.

It’s possible, it’s not like KU sucks, and KSU is certainly not elite, but I just wouldn’t expect the “standard” KU response to a loss after this, and I have been pumping up KU all year through all of the adversity. Losing Vick may have just been the proverbial straw to break the camel’s back and end the streak.

We need TTU to go cold from the field for about 4 or 5 minutes if we're gonna make dent.

It’s possible, it’s not like KU sucks, and KSU is certainly not elite, but I just wouldn’t expect the “standard” KU response to a loss after this, and I have been pumping up KU all year through all of the adversity. Losing Vick may have just been the proverbial straw to break the camel’s back and end the streak.
Actually, we had been playing better without Vick until tonight.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Against the bottom half of the league...
TT and TCU on the road. And we destroyed you guys at home where as in the past we couldn’t separate ourselves from anybody. Sorry, but we have been playing much better. Mostly because Dotson has gotten over his freshman slump. If we can get Grimes to figure it out we will be a legit top 10 team.

Tech has been flat out better tonight and it's not even close. Props to Beard and his group tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT