ADVERTISEMENT

K strikes back at Cal

Lol another SF for 2018!

Interesting.

If I read stuff correctly, he is considering redshirting his freshman year. He just wants to practice with the 2018 recruits? Like what???

If I read stuff correctly, he is considering redshirting his freshman year. He just wants to practice with the 2018 recruits? Like what???

If true who reclassifies to redshirt? Most kids do that to get to the league faster not redshirt.

I mean what would you gain more from? A year of playing high school basketball for a high school coach against a bunch of players who can't come close to you talent level or playing a year for arguably the GOAT coach against NBA level players every day?

Joey Baker. He probably thinks he will be better off playing against Duke's starting 5 in practice than playing another year of high school ball.

Well he's the only that does that. I remember Dawkins and Walton came to Duke early, it didn't work out so good for them but IMO Walton should of stayed.

If true who reclassifies to redshirt? Most kids do that to get to the league faster not redshirt.

Race Thompson four star did it at IU this past year

Had some lingering injury issues. Reclassified redshirted and got healthy then practiced in the system for a year

What would one stand to gain by guarding RJ Barrett in practice for a year as opposed to some bum**** high schooler? Hmmm?

Race Thompson four star did it at IU this past year

Had some lingering injury issues. Reclassified redshirted and got healthy then practiced in the system for a year

Never heard of him but hopefully he'll benefit from it. Like I said the kids I hear about doing that are high profiled and trying to get to the NBA quicker.

Last edited:
Never heard of him but hopefully he'll benefit from it. Like I said the kids I hear about doing that are high profiled and trying to for get to the NBA quicker.

Played with Matthew Hurt solid top 100 player.

Agreed. This would only be the second time I have heard of it.

Well he's the only that does that. I remember Dawkins and Walton came to Duke early, it didn't work out so good for them but IMO Walton should of stayed.
So did Bagley. Also Dawkins' sister died in a car crash on the way to watch his game freshman year which understandably messed his head up a bit. He also won a title.

Reactions: Quavarius
So did Bagley. Also Dawkins' sister died in a car crash on the way to watch his game freshman year which understandably messed his head up a bit. He also won a title.

That's true about Dawkins, I forgot about his sister dieing. Bagley would of been a OAD had he stayed in his grade. If redshirting benefits Baker good for him, again I'm just used to seeing kids with OAD talent do it.

I mean what would you gain more from? A year of playing high school basketball for a high school coach against a bunch of players who can't come close to you talent level or playing a year for arguably the GOAT coach against NBA level players every day?
Most scouts think this is one of the weakest classes in years though.

Two coaches using kids for their own selfish rewards.
giphy.gif

Reclassifying to ride that pine!

Meh I'll hold off. Not sure how Duke is looking for guards in 2019. Plus I thought Allen would ride pine too. He ended up better than most thought he would be when Duke signed him.

I believe people said similar things about Kennard as well. We thought he'd get recruited over at Duke. It turns out he made a great choice.

Excuse while I go wash my hands with scolding hot water now.

Reactions: tw3301
Meh I'll hold off. Not sure how Duke is looking for guards in 2019. Plus I thought Allen would ride pine too. He ended up better than most thought he would be when Duke signed him.

I believe people said similar things about Kennard as well. We thought he'd get recruited over at Duke. It turns out he made a great choice.

Excuse while I go wash my hands with scolding hot water now.
All I'm saying is Barrett, Zion, and Reddish are all going to play 30+ MPG.

Quickly, Maxey, Hagans, Green, Herro.

Choose 2!

I honestly might have even forgotten someone.

Baker.

We could go 3 guard. But I think Johnson will play a bunch of minutes as the small forward.

I think green and hagans are in the rotation along with Johnson. Not sure who the first guard off the bench is. Maxey is the most talented IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT