ADVERTISEMENT

Juzang to UK

So let me get this straight...you believe that "attention" is given to every guilty party? Nothing illegal ever goes undetected, amirite? Never change.

Bottom line: past AND present players have been involved with payments. Therefore, it "rings pretty hollow" for you to be flapping your gums. See how it goes both ways? No, you probably don't.
KU cheating will be exposed by the NCAA. Oh sorry that has already happened with the FBI tapes.

...our players 'take money from agents'? Hmmm.... seems like that would have been blockbuster news if that were true. I'll believe it when I see anything credible to worry about. There's no wiretaps of Cal making deals or talking to shoe reps saying "We need a couple more real guys", so I'll continue to not worry about the UK hoops program.

Documents seized as part of the FBI investigation aren't credible enough for you?

The context is valid.

Cal isn't at UMass or Memphis any longer, but you guys bring those vacated final fours up often.
A lot of us don’t, remember not to make such broad generalizations. A lot of what’s posted on Rafters doesn’t coincide with what other UK fans think (some on this board), and no the context isn’t valid, it’s irrelevant and makes you seem a little triggered tbh.

Wiretaps are much worse.

Wiretaps with no mention of payment are worse than documents of payments? All righty then.

Round and round we go. I'll save you the trouble of typing your next post: your dad would beat up mine.

"There is no evidence that the payments were ever dispersed, or that the players listed on the email had knowledge about it."

Pretty much sums up Dawkins' notes about UK players. Without evidence, no case.

....again....wiretaps are much worse.

"There is no evidence that the payments were ever dispersed, or that the players listed on the email had knowledge about it."

Pretty much sums up Dawkins' notes about UK players. Without evidence, no case.

....again....wiretaps are much worse.

I was referring to Bam. But if you don't think that proposed payments of hundreds of thousands to Vanderbilt and his family is a bad look...well, we already know you're a super apologist.

Especially a bad look when you consider that Vanderbilt is about the 50th most sought-after recruit in Cal's career.

Oh, really? Didn't this guy play for UK?

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-sp-miami-heat-bam-adebayo-s20180223-story.html

Not only is there documentation, but Bam and his coach didn't even deny it.

Next spin.

"The significance of this meeting is how seemingly insignificant it was," Yahoo reporters Pat Forde, Pete Thamel and Dan Wetzel wrote. "It was dinner; a good dinner, but not some glitzy wining and dining. There is no evidence of bags of cash or new cars or anything you might see in a movie. There is no suggestion Pina was steering Adebayo to any school (he was uncommitted at the time but later attended the University of Kentucky for the 2016-17 season before becoming a first-round draft pick of the Miami Heat). Adebayo never even signed with ASM."

....try again, putz.

"The significance of this meeting is how seemingly insignificant it was," Yahoo reporters Pat Forde, Pete Thamel and Dan Wetzel wrote. "It was dinner; a good dinner, but not some glitzy wining and dining. There is no evidence of bags of cash or new cars or anything you might see in a movie. There is no suggestion Pina was steering Adebayo to any school (he was uncommitted at the time but later attended the University of Kentucky for the 2016-17 season before becoming a first-round draft pick of the Miami Heat). Adebayo never even signed with ASM."

....try again, putz.

WTF? Did you even read the article?

A lot of us don’t, remember not to make such broad generalizations. A lot of what’s posted on Rafters doesn’t coincide with what other UK fans think (some on this board), and no the context isn’t valid, it’s irrelevant and makes you seem a little triggered tbh.
If anyone is triggered it is you.

Nice for a fan of the biggest cheater in college basketball the last 10 years.
giphy.gif

Whatever you say, robot boy.

He's running from thread to thread accusing schools of paying players. If his school is doing it, surely every school in existence is. The projection is so obvious and sad.

Nah, that would be your little wind-up robot, kl.

I just posted a fact. You all are in denial. Sad.

Reactions: UL_1986
Nah, that would be your little wind-up robot, kl.

I just posted a fact. You all are in denial. Sad.
You said players got paid, which is absolutely not a fact.

Have you ever eaten at a Melting Pot? It is a mid tier fondue restaurant. I'm sure Bam was convinced to attend UK over his $20 steak he cooked in oil.

Also:
That doesn’t prove Adebayo or Peartree were there or that Pina picked up the full check. Maybe he lied to his bosses. Maybe they paid him their share in cash.

Are you sure you know what a 'fact' is?

Some dude (AAU coach? I forget the details) took money to try and steer Bam to NC State allegedly, but that money didn't go to Bam and Bam didnt go to NC State.

Last edited:
The article specifically says that the FBI seized a document titled “player loans” in an agency raid, which listed a 36k loan to Bam.

Speaking of facts, feed us some more “not up for debate” insurance facts.

The article specifically says that the FBI seized a document titled “player loans” in an agency raid, which listed a 36k loan to Bam.

Speaking of facts, feed us some more “not up for debate” insurance facts.
And that doesnt make it a fact that it actually happened. Where is the paper trail? A single document that just said BAM on it is hardly solid evidence, sorry you aren't intelligent enough to understand. Gotta wonder why the NCAA didnt come after Bam/UK like they did Bowen/UL. Or why the NCAA didnt rule him ineligible like 20% of KU players in the last decade. Hint: it is because it isn't a proven fact.

I get that you want people to think everyone has to cheat like KU, it just isn't the case.

And I already game you one on health care. Nice gotcha moment for me accidentally typing healthcare costs instead of premiums. Such a disingenuous way to debate. Meanwhile, you've presented 0 facts in this thread or that one. Still waiting for one of you ignoramuses to provide a counter argument with citable facts instead of just going "nu uh!"

Last edited:
Don't think you'll find too many optimistic UK fans for McDaniels. Most are just hoping for Montgomery and Richard's back at this point.
I said it earlier, but outside of ED's short lived picked, I've always thought he was Washington's to lose.

And that doesnt make it a fact that it actually happened. Where is the paper trail? A single document that just said BAM on it is hardly solid evidence, sorry you aren't intelligent enough to understand. Gotta wonder why the NCAA didnt come after Bam/UK like they did Bowen/UL. Or why the NCAA didnt rule him ineligible like 20% of KU players in the last decade. Hint: it is because it isn't a proven fact.

I get that you want people to think everyone has to cheat like KU, it just isn't the case.

And I already game you one on health care. Nice gotcha moment for me accidentally typing healthcare costs instead of premiums. Such a disingenuous way to debate. Meanwhile, you've presented 0 facts in this thread or that one. Still waiting for one of you ignoramuses to provide a counter argument with citable facts instead of just going "nu uh!"

Unlike you talking out of your ass about insurance, I didn't say there was undeniable evidence that he was paid. Many things are described as fact without being “proven,” such as incidents in the history books.

But since we’re on the subject of proof, super-apologist, let’s not forget that there’s also no proof of Self or staff having any knowledge of payments.

You want a counter argument for the insurance bit? Ok.

You and Dude made a blanket statement that health insurance premiums are increasing at a lower rate since the ACA passed. This is false. Now, it's true for business owners. Not for the many millions on individual plans (y'know, the people that the law was written for). The funny thing is, the Dude's articles even stated this.

Now if you used your head instead of smugly parroting a very general statement, you might have figured out that there's no way that premiums wouldn't rise on individual plans when underwriting is prohibited and a long list of mandated benefits was added to the plans. Along with other factors.

Both of you also failed to take into account the fact that deductibles have skyrocketed since the ACA passed.

Btw, here's an article that details why individual ACA premiums more than doubled between 2013 and 2017, in case you're interested.

https://www.heritage.org/health-care-reform/report/how-obamacare-raised-premiums

Now tell me again about those undisputable facts of yours?

Last edited:
Unlike you talking out of your ass about insurance, I didn't say there was undeniable evidence that he was paid. But it's a huge reach to say that it didn't happen given the documentation. Then again, what else should I expect from a super-apologist.

You want a counter argument for the insurance bit? Ok.

You and Dude made a blanket statement that health insurance premiums are increasing at a lower rate since the ACA passed. This is false. Now, it's true for business owners. Not for the other 20+ million (y'know, the people that the law was written for). The funny thing is, the Dude's articles even stated this.

Now if you used your head instead of smugly parroting Dude's very general claim, you might have figured out that there's no way that premiums wouldn't rise on individual plans when underwriting is prohibited and a long list of mandated benefits was added to the plans. Along with other factors.

Both of you also failed to take into account the fact that deductibles have skyrocketed since the ACA passed.

Btw, here's an article that details why individual ACA premiums more than doubled between 2013 and 2017, in case you're interested.

https://www.heritage.org/health-care-reform/report/how-obamacare-raised-premiums

Now tell me again about those undisputable facts of yours?
wrong thread

Who's making broad statements? The person that I was talking to is well known for his UK hate and trashy comments, he's had plenty to say about Cal, UK and UK fans. I've seen you do the same.

I get it, you don't like to read negative comments about your favorite university, but neither do I.

I really don't care about your opinions here, HRT deserves what he gets.

Who's making broad statements? The person that I was talking to is well known for his UK hate and trashy comments, he's had plenty to say about Cal, UK and UK fans. I've seen you do the same.

I get it, you don't like to read negative comments about your favorite university, but neither do I.

I really don't care about your opinions here, HRT deserves what he gets.
Every poster does it on this board. It’s nothjng new. You’re guilty of it, as am I.

ADVERTISEMENT