ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Pastner

Because the factors change...

A lot of people can win if they inherit a program from a championship level coach.

Bobby Cremins never won or played for a championship.

Matt Doherty says hi from UNC. So do all the failures at UCLA since Wooden that stalled. Steve Lappas was awesome after Rollie. Billy G followed Tubby. Padgett followed Pitino and missed tourney with Pitino players.

I could go do research and find countless examples that show guys taking over "championship level" programs failing.

Others run with it successfully. Roy. Call. Self.

Some have 1 random run. Like Davis Ollie and Hewitt. Your guy Shaka. What championship coach did Shaka follow at VCU?
Larranga George Mason.

It happens.

Bobby Cremins never won or played for a championship.

Matt Doherty says hi from UNC. So do all the failures at UCLA since Wooden that stalled. Steve Lappas was awesome after Rollie. Billy G followed Tubby. Padgett followed Pitino and missed tourney with Pitino players.

I could go do research and find countless examples that show guys taking over "championship level" programs failing.

Others run with it successfully. Roy. Call. Self.

Some have 1 random run. Like Davis Ollie and Hewitt. Your guy Shaka. What championship coach did Shaka follow at VCU?
Larranga George Mason.

It happens.

UNC was already going downhill...before Doherty

They had someone there for a few years who was suppose to maintain the program but couldn't.

When Doherty came in the wheels were falling off.
Doherty attempted to put it back together and actually deserves some credit for Roy's first championship.

Programs blend in together when you replace coaches

Maybe not as much now because of transfer portal and things
Arkansas is one. They pretty much replaced their entire roster already.

UNC was already going downhill...before Doherty

They had someone there for a few years who was suppose to maintain the program but couldn't.

When Doherty came in the wheels were falling off.
Doherty attempted to put it back together and actually deserves some credit for Roy's first championship.

Programs blend in together when you replace coaches

Maybe not as much now because of transfer portal and things
Arkansas is one. They pretty much replaced their entire roster already.

So youare saying you will predict every winner of every NCAA game since no results are random.

You cant pick every winner????

I don't know enough about every team.
Too much basketball that my mind cannot process
We attempt to use computers but they don't have the ability to understand data like a human mind does.

When you play Tournament level basketball random things do happen in games.
Like a certain player missing shots or a certain player making shots ..

But good teams are able to handle these things. So ultimately how games are decided aren't random as much as we just don't know who these teams are...

How much Atlantic Sun Conference BBall do you watch

Goes back to UMBC vs Virginia

Nothing random there

They pushed the ball and didn't allow UVa to set their defense.

Plus UVa best defensive player went out

To say that was a fluke and random takes away their accomplishments as a program.

And you had UMBC over UVA in your bracket right?

Our ignorance doesn't take away from their accomplishments

To me the regular season is more of a fluke because you don't know how each team is mentally preparing for each game

Some teams get their head kicked in and respond by kicking another team's head in.

Regular season basketball, to me, is all about who is coming in to play at a high level .
NCAA Tournament there is no question that both teams are playing at 100%

Goes back to UMBC vs Virginia

Nothing random there

They pushed the ball and didn't allow UVa to set their defense.

Plus UVa best defensive player went out

To say that was a fluke and random takes away their accomplishments as a program.

So you think umbc beats uva 10/10 times if they played ten straight with the same players the same coaches and the same gameplan???

All sports have some degree of luck or randomness. Look at the raptors title, first kawaiis game winner bouncing on the rim 4 times against the 76ers then in the finals the warriors suffered two catastrophic injuries.

Or the bears kicker who missed the playoff fg after it hit both uprights and the crossbar.

If nothing was random what’s the point of playing the games.

Georgia Tech better figure things out quick with Kentucky on the schedule for tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT