ADVERTISEMENT

John McCain stops cancer treatments

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
I might be a Democrat, but still... a shame to see a war hero and a guy who really spent his whole life in service of the people stopping cancer treatments, thus sort of understanding that the end is here. Had a lot of cancer in my family, and thankfully haven’t run into this yet:(

Reactions: catman111 and OU50
a guy who really spent his whole life in service of the people

Hoo boy.

This is right up there with your “Robert Mueller seems like a nice Boy Scout” thread.

Edit: Just remembered it was Comey, not Mueller.

Last edited:
Reactions: 829305
Sad to hear. You could tell it's been taking a toll on him.

My dad isn't in as bad of a shape as McCain, but they recently told him he will be on chemo until he decides to stop. Due to his history and tests they said it will never stop coming back.

Sorry for your loss OP.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Uihawks111

My dad isn't in as bad of a shape as McCain, but they recently told him he will be on chemo until he decides to stop. Due to his history and tests they said it will never stop coming back.
That sucks to hear. I hope he at least lives as comfortably as possible in his situation.

His mother is 106. Tough birds. You can tell he has had a hard life b/c they both look the same age. Didn't care for him much as a politician, but the man earned every bit of respect thrown his way.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa

Sorry to hear that man. **** cancer.

Edit: Come on rivals, you censor that word even if it preceeds cancer?

Last edited:
Reactions: I am stupid
Thanks guys.

I wonder how much McCains illness has changed his actions the past few years. Like if he would have been towing the party line more or not .

I just hope when the time comes Trump can resist making an ass of himself and show McCain the respect he deserves.

McCain would’ve won presidency just about any other year except ‘08 and IF he didn’t pick Sarah ****ing Palin.
I voted Obama the first time around, but I would have actually had a decision to make if not for Palin. Talk about lowering the bar.

Looking back, I do wonder if he wouldn't have handled the power vacuum in the Middle East that created ISIS better.

Reactions: bkingUK
I voted Obama the first time around, but I would have actually had a decision to make if not for Palin. Talk about lowering the bar.

Looking back, I do wonder if he wouldn't have handled the power vacuum in the Middle East that created ISIS better.
The real question is how are some of these people even remotely in the conversation. ****ing palin.....trump....Bernie ****ing Sanders? Representing the majority? Come the **** on. I’m drunk, and I’ll peobably not like this in the morning. But I’d take 4 yrs of Obama over 1 month of Bernie.

The real question is how are some of these people even remotely in the conversation. ****ing palin.....trump....Bernie ****ing Sanders? Representing the majority? Come the **** on. I’m drunk, and I’ll peobably not like this in the morning. But I’d take 4 yrs of Obama over 1 month of Bernie.
Rather have Bernie than what we have now.

Reactions: catman111
Unaffiliated voters in NC can choose which party's primary to vote in. In 2000 I picked a Republican ballot so I could vote for Sen McCain over Gov GWB. Other than a few months of campaigning I found distasteful during the '08 campaign, I've generally thought McCain was a good guy and among the more agreeable Republicans.

Sorry to hear this news. I pray his remaining time be as pain-free as possible, and that he finds closure and peace.

McCain is the basically the sole reason I registered as a Republican. Absolute badass. Ended up voting Obama and Hillary in subsequent elections. Few Republicans have the integrity McCain has shown throughout his life. His last major impact in the Senate was saving the legacy of the man who beat him in 08 because it was the right thing to do.

McCain would’ve won presidency just about any other year except ‘08 and IF he didn’t pick Sarah ****ing Palin.

Mickey mouse would have handled ISIS better!

Reactions: Uihawks111
I mean...we are talking about a man, regardless of what your political views are, served this country for 60 years, including as a war veteran. Sad day in the state of Arizona today and the world as a whole...this was a quality man in an environment of non-quality people, and people need to understand that as fact.

Disagreed with a lot of the man’s politics, but for the most part we need more politicians like him, not fewer.

Damn shame.

Reactions: ZonaCat2301
Not that I'm a Trump lover, but I'm so sick of this lazy ass leftist narrative.

Wanting to enforce immigration law is "racism." Pitiful.

Bud, there's a lot more than that one decision I am talking about. And I'm not a leftist, I'm a registered republican. The lazy ass white nationalist narrative that everyone who hates Trump is a leftist is just as dumb though.

RIP John McCain.

Still can’t believe folks actually voted for the draft dodger who mocked you, sir. You served your country admirably!

Of all the shameful stuff he said, that was one of the worst.

While Palin was the blackest mark on his resume, I thought this moment was one of his finest, of late... it takes nerve to confront an opponent, but sometimes it takes ever greater nerve to stand up to one of your own.

A lot of people forget ... or just don’t know... McCain was a Democrat until the late 90’s / early 2000’s. Guys like Rush Limbaugh’s hailed him as a political genius at the time. The switch was part ideological but also political strategy. The part of why he’s known as a maverick. That’s also why he was viewed as more centrist.

Btw, I was dead wrong in this post and totally misremembered. He almost left the GOP to join the DNC but didn’t. My 12 year old self remembered that much different. And yes, I listened to Rush Limbaugh at age 12... deleting post

ADVERTISEMENT